Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Player ratings v Leeds

Sat Apr 21, 2012 2:59 pm

Thought generally we played pretty well, looked a lot more fluent than previous games.

Marshall 6 - he had nothing to do and took to long releasing the ball at times.

Taylor 6 - struggled a tad at times because of a lack of protection.  Got forward well though and very unlucky not to score 

Tuner 7 - pretty solid throughout 

Hudson 7 - as with turner but maybe should have scores with what looked like a free header

Kev 6 - moments of really good play followed by some crazily poor passing.  Linked with Lawrence well tho.

Lawrence 8 MOTM, after a very poor start here he has really got into some form the last few games

Witts 6 - sloppy at times but a top class assist for masons goal

Gunnar 7 - thought he had a good game, worked hard and used the ball pretty well

Mcphail 6 solid without being spectacular but always a better team with him in the team.

Miller 5 - looked a little lost today.

Mason 8 - took the goal well and always a threat 

Also thought the ref had a decent game, used the advantage quite often. Although once again the linesman infront of the Ninian was awful

Re: Player ratings v Leeds

Sat Apr 21, 2012 3:07 pm

Agree Lawrence motm.thought Kevs passing was again awful, Whitts pass for the goal was superb but on times sloppy. LOOKS LIKE IT COULD BE SHIT OR BUST AT PALACE! :ayatollah:

Sat Apr 21, 2012 3:14 pm

Marshall - 7

Taylor - 6
Turner - 7
Hudson - 7
McNaughton - 6

Whittingham - 6
McPhail - 6
Gunnarsson - 6
Lawrence - 8

Miller - 4
Mason - 8

I agree lawrence mom best game ive seen him play, also thought mason was on top form, been really impressed with mason this season. All in all we should of beat leeds they didnt offer alot so im a bit gutted, will have to see if boro cock it up now i dont fancy us away to palace.

Sat Apr 21, 2012 3:42 pm

Wouldnt disagree with much of that apart from mcphail, i thought he controlled the game again and was at the centre of all our good football as usual.
I thought lawrence was superb, by far his best game for us.

Sat Apr 21, 2012 4:11 pm

Best I've seen Lawrence play, he seemed to play more as a right midfielder than in the center which is where he was always best for Portsmouth. :ayatollah:

Sat Apr 21, 2012 4:14 pm

Lawrence was also my man of the match but thought Mcnaughton done well to

Sat Apr 21, 2012 4:17 pm

Thought that was one of McNaughton's worst games, very sloppy passing and poor control quite a lot.

Sat Apr 21, 2012 4:34 pm

i think kev had one of his better games today but having said that i dont rate him and am probably one of his biggest critics

Sat Apr 21, 2012 6:48 pm

McNaughton, Whitts and Miller should be dropped. f*cking awful today.

Sat Apr 21, 2012 7:08 pm

Apart from mcphail and Joe Mason, I'd struggle for anything over 6. Cannot understand why we kick the ball up in the air for Mason and miller :o I would love to be a centre half against us, I'd have a field day. Mm - Mmmmmmmmmmmm, I don't think he is as bright as what we first thought.

Sat Apr 21, 2012 7:10 pm

Kev does well apart from his distribution which is shit to say the least. And Marshall releasing the ball earlier he might if the team ain't standing around like lemons and give him options

Sat Apr 21, 2012 8:50 pm

buckleys brewery wrote:McNaughton, Whitts and Miller should be dropped. f*cking awful today.

Totally agree

Sat Apr 21, 2012 10:36 pm

We're always better when McPhail is on the pitch, in my view :!:

Sat Apr 21, 2012 11:24 pm

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... trike.html

Sun Apr 22, 2012 12:18 am

Lawrence was fantastic today!

marshall 6
kev 5
huds 7
turner 6
taylor 6
whits 5
gunner 6
macca 6
lawrence 8
mason 7
miller 6

Sun Apr 22, 2012 9:22 am

Thought the whole team deserved a 6 today, apart from Lawrence & Joey, who were impressive.

Disappointed with Marshall's role in Leeds' goal. A cross into or near the 6 yard box should be meat & drink for any competent keeper. He just stood there motionless!

Sun Apr 22, 2012 9:28 am

Clash wrote:Lawrence was fantastic today!

marshall 6
kev 5
huds 7
turner 6
taylor 6
whits 5
gunner 6
macca 6
lawrence 8
mason 7
miller 6

Yep he was , Kev really needs to be dropped now, he's totally lost it and its pretty sad to see.

Sun Apr 22, 2012 11:10 am

Why are players having average scores when a win would have got us into play offs ??? MM needs to install winning belief with diff style of play not draws 8-) :cry:

Sun Apr 22, 2012 8:50 pm

Whitts is great at free kicks but the areas we get some of them are dangerous and hes wasting them.
I remember against Donny at home he played in a blinder of a ball for Gerrard to score. Turner is a threat and he needs to start look around the 6 yard box. :ayatollah: