Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

When?

Sat Apr 21, 2012 1:26 pm

When will Malky learn that you don't sit back and try and defend a 1 goal lead.....i just hope his belt and bracers mentality does not cost us a play off place

Re: When?

Sat Apr 21, 2012 1:48 pm

It didn't sound like we were trying to defend a 1 goal lead, more like we couldn't get a second and they hit us with a sucker punch.

Could be wrong though.

Sat Apr 21, 2012 1:59 pm

Angelis if you actually went to the game there is no way you could say we sat back today!

Sat Apr 21, 2012 2:26 pm

If you went to the game thehumblegringo you would have noticed that we only upped the pace when Leeds drew level

Sat Apr 21, 2012 2:32 pm

thehumblegringo wrote:Angelis if you actually went to the game there is no way you could say we sat back today!

Didn't think we sat back either

Sat Apr 21, 2012 2:34 pm

angelis49 wrote:If you went to the game thehumblegringo you would have noticed that we only upped the pace when Leeds drew level

you must have left your tablets in the house then!

Sat Apr 21, 2012 2:37 pm

How many games have we lost the lead and lost two points,doesn't that tell you anything at all about Malky's mindset

Sat Apr 21, 2012 2:40 pm

Why in Gods name must you insist on a personal insult thehumblegringo,for goodness sake grow up

Sat Apr 21, 2012 2:50 pm

Stop moaning ffsk :ayatollah:

Sat Apr 21, 2012 2:59 pm

didn't think we sat back either today but we have this season i'm not going to deny it but not today :ayatollah:

Sat Apr 21, 2012 3:00 pm

Scruffy wrote:didn't think we sat back either today but we have this season i'm not going to deny it but not today :ayatollah:

Agree :ayatollah:

Sat Apr 21, 2012 4:40 pm

angelis49 wrote:Why in Gods name must you insist on a personal insult thehumblegringo,for goodness sake grow up

ok i apologise, but i wish you'd stop having unnescessary digs at malky! There is absolutely no way you can say we sat on our lead today, it was the most threatening we've looked at home for a long long time

Sat Apr 21, 2012 4:54 pm

I thought we played some good football today and I think we deserved the win. Leeds were holding on at the end.

Didn't help the referee seemed like he was from Yorkshire.

I may have also told the linesman by the ninian stand to go home and kill himself.

Sun Apr 22, 2012 3:23 am

i'm grateful for your apology thehumblegringo,i do assure you i have nothing against Malky as a person,i think he is head and shoulders more agreeable than Dave Jones,i just dont rate him as a good championship manager,certainly not good enough to manage City.... i think he would be better off learning his trade in the lower divisions

Sun Apr 22, 2012 9:16 am

angelis49 wrote:i'm grateful for your apology thehumblegringo,i do assure you i have nothing against Malky as a person,i think he is head and shoulders more agreeable than Dave Jones,i just dont rate him as a good championship manager,certainly not good enough to manage City.... i think he would be better off learning his trade in the lower divisions

With all due respect i don't understand your logic. He's guided us to a minimum of 7th place with a limited squad and like he often reminds he had something 10 senior players just 4 weeks before the season kicked off while competing with teams who have had settled squads. He's also managed to guide us to a higher league position than teams with massive budgets like leicester and ipswich.
Time will tell whether he can take us to the premier league and i still believe we'll probably fall short this season (though you've gotta be in it to win it) but i honestly believe we'll see some excellent additions to our squad in the summer and we'll be much better positioned to challenge next season :ayatollah:

Sun Apr 22, 2012 9:26 am

[quote="PtB"]It didn't sound like we were trying to defend a 1 goal lead, more like we couldn't get a second and they hit us with a sucker punch.

agree

Sun Apr 22, 2012 9:32 am

angelis49 wrote:If you went to the game thehumblegringo you would have noticed that we only upped the pace when Leeds drew level

FACT ^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Sun Apr 22, 2012 9:32 am

FACT ^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Sun Apr 22, 2012 9:33 am

FACT ^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Sun Apr 22, 2012 9:40 am

Too many touches in the final third,which I believe can be sorted in training,we certainly did not sit back at any point yesterday,in fact Taylor and Macca spent a lot of time in the Leeds half. :ayatollah: