Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

it's sad isn't it?

Fri Apr 20, 2012 10:39 pm

From Planetswans

Hi Paul here, Eddie's son.

Can I just say on behalf of myself and my family how much we appreciate the kind words of the majority on here.

Just to set the record straight for the mindless minority, my parents divorced just before the end of his Swansea days and she, myself and my brother and sister all moved back to Wrexham so whatever wife you are referring to as a lesbian is certainly not my Mother.

Despite the rivalry with Cardiff my Dad did have an affection for the Swans, and he loved Harry Griffiths who signed him back in 76'. He remained big friends with Pat Lally for many years. Personally I loved living in Swansea and went to Bishopston and Olchfa schools so perhaps the guys on here who remember me from there could tell me their real names so that I can come back and say hello, I know Alan Davies so maybe one of them is you Alan.

To get back to the reason for my post, thank you again for your condolences, they mean a great deal at this difficult time.

Paul

******************************************************************************************************************************

Well not sad really, but actually quite disgusting that Eddie Mays son has to go on a football message board within 24 hours of his fathers passing to defend his mothers honour! Thankfully most posters were very respectful to a man who had done so much for welsh club football. Here is the link http://forum.planetswans.co.uk/viewtopi ... 7&start=16 amazingly (but not suprising) is that the writer of the worst posting is actually a moderator of the site who once stated that the people who run this site were not 'decent people'!

Re: it's sad isn't it?

Fri Apr 20, 2012 11:13 pm

64JACK wrote:From Planetswans

Can I just say on behalf of myself and my family how much we appreciate the kind words of the majority on here.

Just to set the record straight for the mindless minority, my parents divorced just before the end of his Swansea days and she, myself and my brother and sister all moved back to Wrexham so whatever wife you are referring to as a lesbian is certainly not my Mother.

Despite the rivalry with Cardiff my Dad did have an affection for the Swans, and he loved Harry Griffiths who signed him back in 76'. He remained big friends with Pat Lally for many years. Personally I loved living in Swansea and went to Bishopston and Olchfa schools so perhaps the guys on here who remember me from there could tell me their real names so that I can come back and say hello, I know Alan Davies so maybe one of them is you Alan.

To get back to the reason for my post, thank you again for your condolences, they mean a great deal at this difficult time.

Paul

******************************************************************************************************************************

Well not sad really, but actually quite disgusting that Eddie Mays son has to go on a football message board within 24 hours of his fathers passing to defend his mothers honour! Thankfully most posters were very respectful to a man who had done so much for welsh club football. Here is the link http://forum.planetswans.co.uk/viewtopi ... 7&start=16 amazingly (but not suprising) is that the writer of the worst posting is actually a moderator of the site who once stated that the people who run this site were not 'decent people'!

you are a good man gary.you,re also correct

Sat Apr 21, 2012 7:26 am

Paul

banter is one thing...but being personal is another....and as you are well aware its normally a minority :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat Apr 21, 2012 11:41 am

Paul

Very sad that 1 or 2 idiots try to spoil things. The vast majority of fans whoever they support will show respect for human life. It is a small number who let everyone down.