Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

DO YOU THINK OF US AS BIGGER THAN .....

Fri Apr 20, 2012 9:28 pm

DO YOU THINK OF US AS BIGGER THAN .....LEEDS?

Do you consider Leeds as a big club or do you hold no fear when we play them ?

Re: DO YOU THINK OF US AS BIGGER THAN .....

Fri Apr 20, 2012 9:30 pm

Leeds used to be a big club, now they are just a big fan base with a history.

I would say we are on a par with Leeds these days.

Fri Apr 20, 2012 9:32 pm

Leeds are far bigger than us and still will be even if we go up.

One of the 10 biggest clubs in the country IMHO.

Its awesome that we can finish something like 7-8 seasons in a row above them :ayatollah:

Fri Apr 20, 2012 9:32 pm

PtB wrote:Leeds used to be a big club, now they are just a big fan base with a history.

I would say we are on a par with Leeds these days.

That's exactly what they are. and were definatly on par with them now :ayatollah:

Fri Apr 20, 2012 9:33 pm

I consider us more up and coming then leeds,
leeds have acchieved more,
but based on potential, Ours is huge, we have all the foundations to make a fantastic club,

But like we all know sometimes the risk doesn't pay off

NO FEAR, WE'RE CARDIFF leeds are well past there sell by date :ayatollah: 3-1 to CITY.

Leeds are a bigger club than us as are sheff wed for that matter.

Fri Apr 20, 2012 9:35 pm

leeds are much bigger than us in every conceivable form

Fri Apr 20, 2012 9:35 pm

On par IMO. And that's no disrepect to Leeds. (even though I hate the fuckers almost as much as the jacks)

They have a huge fan base, stadium and a fantastic history to boot. But since the Riddler fucked them over they just deteriorated into the lower leagues. They still take loads to away games and have a good sing song, and i'm sure if they got promoted they'd have 35,000 there every week, despite two other northern clubs in the Prem.
They are the definition of 'Sleeping Giant'.

Fri Apr 20, 2012 9:48 pm

No need to fear them in any way, but Leeds are a much bigger club than us. Biggest one-club city in England. Nothing to do with what happens on the pitch, just a huge fan base. Fair amount of tradition as well. Deffo top ten in the country, probably top five. :ayatollah:

Fri Apr 20, 2012 10:00 pm

Come off it lads. Leeds are miles bigger than us. They are as big as a Spurs,Man City or Chelsea.

As a club we are certainly approaching a similar stature to maybe Boro, Leicester or Ipswich but not Imo clubs like the Sheffield ones,Forest,Brum and even Derby .They're still bigger than us in terms of crowds and history over the past few decades.

Fri Apr 20, 2012 10:09 pm

Crazy thread.
Whether we admit it or not Leeds are miles bigger than us.
At pesent we are higher in the league than them.
But if the league went on so called ''big clubs'' they would be fighting for europe in the leaghue above us.

Fri Apr 20, 2012 10:16 pm

leeds are and always will be a big club. just because a club is higher than one in the league or in a higher division doesnt make them a bigger club..

leeds have a huge fan base, large ground, and history.. like wise other clubs such as sheff wed etc..

we have the potential to become a decent size club, big catchment area, the ground, training facilities and the academy etc.. but until we hit the prem league, maintain a position there, expand the ground and actually win league titles, cups etc.. then we can say that we are a big club.

Fri Apr 20, 2012 10:17 pm

Leeds have history………we have a future. :ayatollah:

Fri Apr 20, 2012 11:10 pm

Blazing Saddles wrote:Leeds have history………we have a future. :ayatollah:

Exactly :ayatollah:

Sat Apr 21, 2012 2:09 am

Carl do you have a man crush on Leeds or something?

Big club? Yes maybe, could be. So are sheffield Wednesday though.

No I don't fear them anymore than any other mistable champ club.

Sat Apr 21, 2012 6:40 am

Leeds are a bigger club because of their history. Though there are lots of similarities and not just Ridsdale, club colours or their psotcode is LS11 and ours CF11. (thats really anal, I know)
Their fan base is similar to ours and Leeds is the biggest city in England with only one club. They have been turned over by previous owners and it is only a matter of time before they are bought out and made huge.
I am often in Leeds and its the only town I know where you dont see any plastic shirters.

Sat Apr 21, 2012 7:18 am

I've always felt that it only a matter of time before leeds get to the prem and they've probably got the right man to take them there.To me they've always been a bigger club than us because of their fan base and not because of what they have or have not done over the past few years.If you take success as your only yardstick for measuring size then Wigan,Swansea,QPR, etc are bigger than us which they most certainly ain't.

Sat Apr 21, 2012 7:34 am

We'd have to be an established Premier League Team to be anywhere near Leeds' size
Huge Club, Fan base all around the World

Lets be realistic

Sat Apr 21, 2012 9:07 am

griff105 wrote:Leeds are a bigger club because of their history. Though there are lots of similarities and not just Ridsdale, club colours or their psotcode is LS11 and ours CF11. (thats really anal, I know)
Their fan base is similar to ours and Leeds is the biggest city in England with only one club. They have been turned over by previous owners and it is only a matter of time before they are bought out and made huge.
I am often in Leeds and its the only town I know where you dont see any plastic shirters.

fan bases are miles apart mate just look in the away end today they sell out nearly every away game i know there home attendances aint great but thats down to ken bates,i hate leeds but credit when its due they ve been in the prem( we havent )they been in the champions league(we havent) they ve had far bigger attendances than us in post and modern times,they are a big club but have hit hard times in a few years i can see cardiff going on to bigger things and leeds just standing still