Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

CITY & IPSWICH 'LEADING THE CHASE' TO SIGN FULLER

Fri Apr 20, 2012 11:51 am

According to the Mail Online. Apologies if already posted. :ayatollah:

"Cardiff and Ipswich are leading the chase to sign Ricardo Fuller this summer with the striker set to bid farewell to Stoke.

The Jamaica international has spent six years at the Britannia Stadium playing a key part in club's rise from the Championship to Barclays Premier League mainstays since he signed for £500,000 from Southampton in 2006.

But the 32-year-old has made just one league start this season and is seeking a fresh start having grown frustrated at a lack of first-team opportunities.

Fuller has slipped behind the pecking order with Peter Crouch, Cameron Jerome, Jonathan Walters and Kenwyne Jones all favoured before him.

Wigan are also monitoring Fuller but it looks likely that he will drop down a division next season.

Stoke boss Tony Pulis admitted it would be a sad day when Fuller leaves, describing the hitman as one of the club's finest ever players.

He said: 'Whatever happens with Ric, he has been one of the best players to have ever represented this club.'"

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2130895/Ricardo-Fuller-wanted-Cardiff-Ipswich-Wigan.html

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Re: CITY & IPSWICH 'LEADING THE CHASE' TO SIGN FULLER

Fri Apr 20, 2012 12:03 pm

Think he would be a good signing if we are to stay in the Championship not to sure about the Premiership though :ayatollah:

Fri Apr 20, 2012 12:09 pm

Ipswich = Cardiff Rejects!

Cardiff = potential, new stadium, state of the art training facilities, better city, better players, better manager, statistically more recent success, and the Pulis recommendation factor -

I know where I'd go! Would be a good championship signing in my opinion, have a similar effect as Roberts at Reading. Would probably be a decent squad member at premiership level to be honest, has the experience and knowledge of the premier league.

I wouldn't be disappointed if we didn't sign him though.

Fri Apr 20, 2012 12:21 pm

I would like to see him here. With Rudy out injured, we need a target man who can be starting the majority of matches. Fuller's fits the bill.

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: