A forum for all things Cardiff City

Joe Mason Signs a new deal

Fri Apr 20, 2012 9:21 am

Has also agreed a new contract according to @BluebirdsPlayer

4 year deal

Re: Joe Mason

Fri Apr 20, 2012 9:32 am

PtB wrote:Has also agreed a new contract according to @BluebirdsPlayer

Paul, Out of every City player this to me is the player that we needed to extend his contract :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Apr 20, 2012 9:41 am

Forever Blue wrote:

Paul, Out of every City player this to me is the player that we needed to extend his contract :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Totally agree mate. I expect a couple more to be in the same boat though. These things give fans a boost but they also lift the players as well - perfect timing!

Fri Apr 20, 2012 9:43 am

PtB wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Totally agree mate. I expect a couple more to be in the same boat though. These things give fans a boost but they also lift the players as well - perfect timing!

Great News :ayatollah:

Re: Joe Mason Signs a new deal

Fri Apr 20, 2012 9:43 am

Just checked on Twitter and there's no sign of that info, perhaps they took it back off
#yourtofastforthem
#topstalking

Fri Apr 20, 2012 9:46 am

Wowza it's just hit the website

http://www.cardiffcityfc.co.uk/page/New ... 34,00.html

Fri Apr 20, 2012 9:47 am

Following the good news of Rudy Gestede signing new terms at Cardiff City, Joe Mason will today join the Frenchman by committing to the Bluebirds for a long term deal.

Of the news of Joe's commitment, along with that of fellow first year star Rudy Gestede, Malky Makay said, "We are delighted to have managed to secure the services of Rudy Gestede and Joe Mason to longer term contracts which is exciting news for the club. Both players joined us in the summer as promising young talents we had identified and they have gone on to demonstrate that quality on the pitch.

"I think it is fair to say that both have exceeded expectations so far so it was only right that they were rewarded for their efforts.They also represent significant assets for the club so it is a sensible step to secure their services going forward."

Fri Apr 20, 2012 9:48 am

Fantastic news :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Apr 20, 2012 9:56 am

Gavlar wrote:Wowza it's just hit the website

http://www.cardiffcityfc.co.uk/page/New ... 34,00.html

They had to run it by me first that it was ok to release ;)

Fri Apr 20, 2012 10:00 am

Got my tweeters mixed up - Original news came from @CardiffCityFC

Fri Apr 20, 2012 10:01 am

Brilliant news-mason is going to be a star

Fri Apr 20, 2012 10:02 am

That's great news, Joe, in my opinion is our best signing this year and to extend his contract to 2016 is great business.
Well done Cardiff and Malky

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Apr 20, 2012 10:08 am

Really great news, this should keep the vultures away from who could possibly be our player of the year this season and even top scorer :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Apr 20, 2012 10:16 am

What a season the boys had aswell,coming from a club in big finanial difficulties and at the foot of the entire football league to scoring at wembley and impressing national managers.
I can remember during the summer just gone most of us were deep in the "bellamy wheres he going" saga and then a single thread regarding the signing of an unknown 19 year old from plymouth popped up and nobody really gave it a second thought.
Probably go on loan for this season,maybe make the bench in a cup match.So glad to be wrong again :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Apr 20, 2012 10:17 am

:ayatollah: awesome news!!!
Well done city, really pleased with this, mason is a star in the making! :ayatollah:

Fri Apr 20, 2012 10:24 am

thi is fantastic news as when he is sold we will get top dollar - hopefully he will be part of a winnning promotional team :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Apr 20, 2012 10:48 am

excellent news :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Apr 20, 2012 10:55 am

Great news :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Apr 20, 2012 11:29 am

PtB wrote:Got my tweeters mixed up - Original news came from @CardiffCityFC

Bollocks, i told you 1st :lol:

Fri Apr 20, 2012 11:34 am

Bankiebluebird wrote:

:lol:

Fri Apr 20, 2012 11:44 am

Nice one Joe.... :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Apr 20, 2012 12:09 pm

I'm the caretaker where mason,ralls and kadeem live there all polite and take time to talk but one thing that I thought was outstanding was I asked mason to sign my carling cup program but he took it off me and said he will get it signed by a few players, I got it back the other day and everyone apart fron keinen everyone including malkay had signed it, what a lad hes got no ego just humble, polite and for him to do that for me was fantastic :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Apr 20, 2012 12:12 pm

englishbluebird wrote:What a season the boys had aswell,coming from a club in big finanial difficulties and at the foot of the entire football league to scoring at wembley and impressing national managers.
I can remember during the summer just gone most of us were deep in the "bellamy wheres he going" saga and then a single thread regarding the signing of an unknown 19 year old from plymouth popped up and nobody really gave it a second thought.
Probably go on loan for this season,maybe make the bench in a cup match.So glad to be wrong again :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Great post!

Getting mason on long term is excellent news, a top prospect, and still many years to progress! our next Aaron Ramsey?

Fri Apr 20, 2012 12:18 pm

Good news :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Apr 20, 2012 12:24 pm

Lets hope Heaton and Marshall sign new contracts, I see them playing a crucial role for us in years to come. Very good goalkeepers, and relatively still young. Its been a long time since we have had two good goal keepers in the squad.

Fri Apr 20, 2012 1:17 pm

Fantastic news, he's going to be a star here :ayatollah:

Fri Apr 20, 2012 3:25 pm

Bankiebluebird wrote:

Trying to keep you out the limelight you Bankie b*stard!!! :lol:

Fri Apr 20, 2012 10:35 pm

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/transfe ... 93076.html