Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: RUDY SIGNS NEW DEAL

Fri Apr 20, 2012 6:08 pm

What a joke this is, MM always said we didn't sign players because they was not the rite player for the club but we give a contract extension to some to-bit injury prone bambi style mong who would be lucky to get in some sunday league teams I've seen. I can not get my head around this :shock:

Fri Apr 20, 2012 6:44 pm

I think Malky has a closer view than any of us. I am sure his opinion is a bit more "weighty" than any of ours.

I think that comment just about sums things up. :D

Fri Apr 20, 2012 11:48 pm

What a strange decision this is.

Rudy is a poor mans Leo Fortune West in my opinion and hes as injury prone as Darren Anderton!!!

Talk about a complete waste of wages :shock:

Sat Apr 21, 2012 8:38 am

From Wales Online:

Of Gestede, who has managed three goals this term, Mackay added: “ He is a player we took a chance on at the start of this season. His attitude and application have been second to none, while his hold up play has improved as the season has progressed.

"There is a lot more work on his game to get through, but the club coaches and I are more than willing to put in a lot of effort on a player who wants to succeed.”

Gestede has seen his debut season slightly curtailed by injury and will miss today’s game with a hip problem although he could be fit for the Bluebirds’ trip to Crystal Palace on the final day.

Clearly Malky and the coaching staff have alot of faith in him, so I don't see a problem. The men that matter think he's got potential to succeed and I for one agree with their decision.

:ayatollah:

Sat Apr 21, 2012 7:03 pm

OhhhGa wrote:From Wales Online:

Of Gestede, who has managed three goals this term, Mackay added: “ He is a player we took a chance on at the start of this season. His attitude and application have been second to none, while his hold up play has improved as the season has progressed.

"There is a lot more work on his game to get through, but the club coaches and I are more than willing to put in a lot of effort on a player who wants to succeed.”

Gestede has seen his debut season slightly curtailed by injury and will miss today’s game with a hip problem although he could be fit for the Bluebirds’ trip to Crystal Palace on the final day.

Clearly Malky and the coaching staff have alot of faith in him, so I don't see a problem. The men that matter think he's got potential to succeed and I for one agree with their decision.

:ayatollah:

Sounds to me more like.

"He's put some effort in and I'd feel guilty if I let him go after all this so I;ll give him another couple of seasons on a lowish wage. If he becomes good then great, otherwise hopefully he'll be established enough in English football that he'll be able to find another lower league club"