Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: RUDY SIGNS NEW DEAL

Thu Apr 19, 2012 8:24 pm

rhys1927ccfc wrote:
cardiff yid wrote:Some of you are missing the point. They have given him new contract. Why didn't they wait. If we go up how will he do against prem opposition? I will leave you to think how he will do. ;)

We would buy new strikers and maybe he would go out on loan :roll:

Pointless. Hes 24 not 18. :roll:

Thu Apr 19, 2012 8:30 pm

You can't make chicken salad out of chicken shit. :old:

Thu Apr 19, 2012 8:34 pm

cardiff yid wrote:You can't make chicken salad out of chicken shit. :old:

Tell that to McDonalds :lol:

Thu Apr 19, 2012 8:34 pm

OhhhGa wrote:
polo wrote:
OhhhGa wrote:I don't think you can accurately judge Rudy just yet. He's only made 10 starts and it's his first season for a new club, in a new country. I agree he's not been great but he has shown glimpses of promise.

When were they? I must have popped to the loo.

At West Ham, on his debut, when he floored Llunga, sprinted away and then set up Kenny. Also his three/ maybe four goals have been decent.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

People go on about West Ham like it was Maradona 86 v England.

Not to mention nearly a year ago. :roll:

Thu Apr 19, 2012 8:35 pm

OhhhGa wrote:
cardiff yid wrote:You can't make chicken salad out of chicken shit. :old:

Tell that to McDonalds :lol:

Now that was funny. :D
Last edited by SBF1 on Thu Apr 19, 2012 8:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thu Apr 19, 2012 8:36 pm

polo wrote:
rhys1927ccfc wrote:
cardiff yid wrote:Some of you are missing the point. They have given him new contract. Why didn't they wait. If we go up how will he do against prem opposition? I will leave you to think how he will do. ;)

So 23 year olds aren't aloud a loan move are they? He came from the French League 2 for f**k sake, he's 23 actually :|

Thu Apr 19, 2012 8:39 pm

rhys1927ccfc wrote:
polo wrote:
rhys1927ccfc wrote:

So 23 year olds aren't aloud a loan move are they? He came from the French League 2 for f**k sake, he's 23 actually :|

24 by the time next season kicks off :roll:

24 year olds sent out on loan usually cos their not wanted any more not when given a new contract.

He come from french league 2 because he wasnt good enough for french league 2. Simples.

Thu Apr 19, 2012 8:42 pm

polo wrote:
rhys1927ccfc wrote:
polo wrote:
rhys1927ccfc wrote:

24 by the time next season kicks off :roll:

24 year olds sent out on loan usually cos their not wanted any more not when given a new contract.

24 in october and doesn't the season start in august? :roll:

Thu Apr 19, 2012 8:43 pm

Rudy can't fail, rudy can't fail :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Apr 19, 2012 8:47 pm

He will be 24 by the time his season starts as he will be injured until xmas :roll:

Thu Apr 19, 2012 8:49 pm

Well if we are in the Premiership next year don't expect him to be included in the squad much but if we are still in the Championship then i'll give him til' xmas then i'll rate him :shock: :lol:

Thu Apr 19, 2012 9:33 pm

Target men often gain momentum late in there careers. He is still a decent age and will be on a minimal wage.
We need two more strikers to challange mason and miller but we can look to develop rudy.

Thu Apr 19, 2012 9:37 pm

CityBlue1 wrote:Rudy Gestede has been rewarded for his efforts this season with an extended Cardiff City deal.

The French striker - who joined the Club on a free transfer last summer - has committed to the Bluebirds until at least the summer of 2014.

Speaking exclusively to Cardiff City Player this afternoon, Rudy said of the news: "I'm delighted to have signed a new contract with the Club and look forward to playing my part in our future. I've had quite a good season I think although a couple of injuries have been frustrating. I'm close to being back to full fitness again now and hope to contribute to our Play-Off ambitions and beyond." :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Nice person/gentleman and an honest player, but I honestly don't rate him in the Championship, but then I am not in charge, just my opinion.

Thu Apr 19, 2012 9:41 pm

If Malky thinks he's good enough, even though I can't see it myself, I'll trust his judgment :ayatollah:

Thu Apr 19, 2012 9:46 pm

Personally I'm glad he's been given a deal. He always seems to get on the end of any ball that gets hoofed forward and I think he'll get better as time goes on.

Thu Apr 19, 2012 9:47 pm

2blue2handle wrote:Target men often gain momentum late in there careers. He is still a decent age and will be on a minimal wage.
We need two more strikers to challange mason and miller but we can look to develop rudy.

He's got no ball control now and the age that targetmen tend to develop if their late bloomers is 28 at the earliest.

How is holding him on our book for 5 years good business?

Thu Apr 19, 2012 10:20 pm

Aramore wrote:
2blue2handle wrote:Target men often gain momentum late in there careers. He is still a decent age and will be on a minimal wage.

He's got no ball control now and the age that targetmen tend to develop if their late bloomers is 28 at the earliest.

How is holding him on our book for 5 years good business?

The develop with progress and work. Look at Morison.
Rudy has come from no where and will be on a minimal wage, it's hardly a risk.

Thu Apr 19, 2012 10:22 pm

polo wrote:
jinks-rct wrote:Gestede's first season at a new club in a new country. he will have pre season training under malky this time around and hopefully settle and learn and adapt..
To early to call him shit give him a chance for gods sake :roll:

Hes 24, hes had plenty of time to learn the basics. :roll:

HES f*cking CRAP!!!

What I reckon you should do to put things right, is stand by the touchline and shout 'You don't want to do it like that. You want to do it like this'. I am sure Rudy will turn into a world beater then :lol: :lol: :lol:

Thu Apr 19, 2012 11:16 pm

Not too pleased with this to be honest.

Thu Apr 19, 2012 11:20 pm

He's f*cking crap :lol:

Fri Apr 20, 2012 1:55 am

What a baffling decision :shock:

Fri Apr 20, 2012 2:18 am

ffs wrote:What a baffling decision :shock:

ffs :lol:

Fri Apr 20, 2012 8:45 am

good news :ayatollah:

Fri Apr 20, 2012 12:00 pm

Premiership opposition like Liverpool im guessing you mean.Probably his best game for us,whilst being singled out by Dalgliesh as being a proper handfull for their defence.

Or is that not the premiership team you meant.

Fri Apr 20, 2012 12:20 pm

Bluethrough wrote:

Premiership opposition like Liverpool im guessing you mean.Probably his best game for us,whilst being singled out by Dalgliesh as being a proper handfull for their defence.

Watch the game through again. He was shockingly bad. His only use was that no ine knew what he was trying to do, including himself.

And this is the same Dalglish that thought Andy Caroll was a £35million player.

Fri Apr 20, 2012 12:28 pm

Aramore wrote:
Bluethrough wrote:

Watch the game through again. He was shockingly bad. His only use was that no ine knew what he was trying to do, including himself.

And this is the same Dalglish that thought Andy Caroll was a £35million player.

Probably best to agree to disagree.Thought he was a handful for the liverpool centre backs all game.If we cant agree that it was a good performance from him,then it makes my pointing out it being a premiership team slightly redundent.

Same Chap i believe......the one that was watching his centre backs being kept occupied by Rudy

Fri Apr 20, 2012 1:35 pm

Bluethrough wrote:

But how is he going to play like that every week? United, City, Chelsea, Arsenal, Liverpool, Newcastle, Spurs, the list goes on

Fri Apr 20, 2012 3:07 pm

rhys1927ccfc wrote:
Bluethrough wrote:

But how is he going to play like that every week? United, City, Chelsea, Arsenal, Liverpool, Newcastle, Spurs, the list goes on

Seems that whetever i say your going to keep moving the goal posts.Guess we would just have to wait and see

Fri Apr 20, 2012 3:31 pm

Aramore wrote:
jinks-rct wrote:Gestede's first season at a new club in a new country. he will have pre season training under malky this time around and hopefully settle and learn and adapt..
To early to call him shit give him a chance for gods sake :roll:

How is it too early to call him shit?

Preseason was a whole season ago. That's no excuse anymore plus he was here for most of our preseason including being on trial during the trip to Spain which is how he signed for us.

His ball control is shocking for a twenty three year old and his heading leaves a lot to be desired. If he was twenty or younger then yes, fair enough he could grow then but by 23 he should show some signs of being able to control a ball.

If you think his ball control is shocking you should have seen Toshack when he was playing for us!

Fri Apr 20, 2012 4:03 pm

I am sure that he is a nice lad but we should get rid of him mainly because he is unbelievably injury prone for someone as young as 24. His first touch is very poor and he is slow off the Mark. His main attributes are that he is tall but although in all fairness he does win a fair amount of headers, he is unable to direct the ball with any amount of control and most of the time the ball flies off his head and straight to the opposition. We cannot afford to carry any dead wood and Malky would be wise to get rid ASAP.