Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

RUDY SIGNS NEW DEAL

Thu Apr 19, 2012 5:55 pm

http://www.cardiffcityfc.co.uk/page/New ... 69,00.html :ayatollah:

Re: RUDY SIGNS NEW DEAL

Thu Apr 19, 2012 6:14 pm

Rudy Gestede has been rewarded for his efforts this season with an extended Cardiff City deal.

The French striker - who joined the Club on a free transfer last summer - has committed to the Bluebirds until at least the summer of 2014.

Speaking exclusively to Cardiff City Player this afternoon, Rudy said of the news: "I'm delighted to have signed a new contract with the Club and look forward to playing my part in our future. I've had quite a good season I think although a couple of injuries have been frustrating. I'm close to being back to full fitness again now and hope to contribute to our Play-Off ambitions and beyond." :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Apr 19, 2012 7:02 pm

WHY MALKY WHY?!!!!

:evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

Thu Apr 19, 2012 7:10 pm

Obviously malky doesn't think we will be promoted. ;)

Thu Apr 19, 2012 7:18 pm

Is this some kind of f*cking joke :evil:

Thu Apr 19, 2012 7:20 pm

Gestede's first season at a new club in a new country. he will have pre season training under malky this time around and hopefully settle and learn and adapt..
To early to call him shit give him a chance for gods sake :roll:

Thu Apr 19, 2012 7:24 pm

jinks-rct wrote:Gestede's first season at a new club in a new country. he will have pre season training under malky this time around and hopefully settle and learn and adapt..

How is it too early to call him shit?

Preseason was a whole season ago. That's no excuse anymore plus he was here for most of our preseason including being on trial during the trip to Spain which is how he signed for us.

His ball control is shocking for a twenty three year old and his heading leaves a lot to be desired. If he was twenty or younger then yes, fair enough he could grow then but by 23 he should show some signs of being able to control a ball.

Thu Apr 19, 2012 7:26 pm

jinks-rct wrote:Gestede's first season at a new club in a new country. he will have pre season training under malky this time around and hopefully settle and learn and adapt..

Hes 24, hes had plenty of time to learn the basics. :roll:

HES f*cking CRAP!!!

Thu Apr 19, 2012 7:31 pm

I think he'll come good next season.
All about opinions. ;)

Thu Apr 19, 2012 7:39 pm

So if we get promoted he will be leading the line? He is 24 fantastic physique, but no skill etc. how long would you keep him till he turns good? Joe mason much younger much better.why a new contract , just my opinion ;)

Thu Apr 19, 2012 7:44 pm

Obviously malky rates him and sees something the rest of us don't in him.

Thu Apr 19, 2012 7:46 pm

Pidgeofcdf wrote:Obviously malky rates him and sees something the rest of us don't in him.

He must have got something on Malky.

Blackmail is the only logical answer.

Thu Apr 19, 2012 7:53 pm

im stunned hes been giving a new deal,hes been injured most of the season and not very good when fit either,but il give him a chance again next season.malky obviously thinks he can get some money for him by giving him a contract

Thu Apr 19, 2012 7:56 pm

How many british players have gone abroad to a new club/league and set the world alight?? nothing to do with age hes at a new club in his first season and theres idiots giving him grief the same ones no doubt that were on hudsons back before they found a new scapegoat :roll:

Thu Apr 19, 2012 7:58 pm

jinks-rct wrote:How many british players have gone abroad to a new club/league and set the world alight?? nothing to do with age hes at a new club in his first season and theres idiots giving him grief the same ones no doubt that were on hudsons back before they found a new scapegoat :roll:

What a load of bollocks. Hes shit and not showed any promise whatsoever.
Last edited by polo on Thu Apr 19, 2012 8:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thu Apr 19, 2012 7:59 pm

I agree, give the guy a chance.

Thu Apr 19, 2012 8:01 pm

Watch him go and score the play-off final winner now. :D :D

Thu Apr 19, 2012 8:02 pm

SBF1 wrote:Watch him score the play-off final winner now. :D :D

Hed still be crap.

Just like Andy Campbell.

Thu Apr 19, 2012 8:07 pm

polo wrote:

Hed still be crap.

Just like Andy Campbell.

We shall have to wait and see mate.

But then again, you'll not be able to discuss it on here as you are not posting ever again soon I believe? ;)

Thu Apr 19, 2012 8:08 pm

Football is a squad game. We have four strikers at the club, with two out on loan:

Kenny Miller
Joe Mason
Robert Earnshaw
Rudy Gestede

Out on loan:
Jon Parkin
Nathaniel Jarvis

We all know Parkin will be gone in summer, and quite possibly Earnie as well, leaving us with four strikers, one who is only playing in his first professional season (in three leagues below us). He has had some games when he's been great, and some when he hasn't been good, but he gives us another option and keeps the numbers up encase of injury. As long as Malky thinks he can improve again next season, I'm happy he's signed a new deal. Rather Rudy playing than Parkin, Jarvis and Earnie...

Thu Apr 19, 2012 8:09 pm

SBF1 wrote:
polo wrote:

Hed still be crap.

Just like Andy Campbell.

But then again, you'll not be able to discuss it on here as you are not posting ever again soon I believe? ;)

13 more posts Ill still use 1 or 2 berating Rudy :evil:

Worst "footballer" ive seen in a City shirt. Worse than Eddie.

Thu Apr 19, 2012 8:10 pm

polo wrote:
SBF1 wrote:
polo wrote:

Hed still be crap.

Just like Andy Campbell.

13 more posts Ill still use 1 or 2 berating Rudy :evil:

All about opinions. ;)

Thu Apr 19, 2012 8:12 pm

I don't think you can accurately judge Rudy just yet. He's only made 10 starts and it's his first season for a new club, in a new country. I agree he's not been great but he has shown glimpses of promise.

Thu Apr 19, 2012 8:13 pm

polo wrote:13 more posts Ill still use 1 or 2 berating Rudy :evil:

This place is like Hotel California pal.

You can check out any time you like, but you can never leave! :twisted:

Thu Apr 19, 2012 8:14 pm

OhhhGa wrote:I don't think you can accurately judge Rudy just yet. He's only made 10 starts and it's his first season for a new club, in a new country. I agree he's not been great but he has shown glimpses of promise.

When were they? I must have popped to the loo.

Thu Apr 19, 2012 8:19 pm

NeathBlue wrote:
polo wrote:13 more posts Ill still use 1 or 2 berating Rudy :evil:

This place is like Hotel California pal.

You can check out any time you like, but you can never leave! :twisted:

:D :clap:

Thu Apr 19, 2012 8:19 pm

polo wrote:
OhhhGa wrote:I don't think you can accurately judge Rudy just yet. He's only made 10 starts and it's his first season for a new club, in a new country. I agree he's not been great but he has shown glimpses of promise.

When were they? I must have popped to the loo.

At West Ham, on his debut, when he floored Llunga, sprinted away and then set up Kenny. Also his three/ maybe four goals have been decent.

Thu Apr 19, 2012 8:20 pm

Some of you are missing the point. They have given him new contract. Why didn't they wait. If we go up how will he do against prem opposition? I will leave you to think how he will do. ;)

Thu Apr 19, 2012 8:23 pm

cardiff yid wrote:Some of you are missing the point. They have given him new contract. Why didn't they wait. If we go up how will he do against prem opposition? I will leave you to think how he will do. ;)

We would buy new strikers and maybe he would go out on loan :roll:

Thu Apr 19, 2012 8:24 pm

cardiff yid wrote:Some of you are missing the point. They have given him new contract. Why didn't they wait. If we go up how will he do against prem opposition? I will leave you to think how he will do. ;)

I think Malky has a closer view than any of us. I am sure his opinion is a bit more "weighty" than any of ours. ;)