Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

End of season awards on saturday?

Wed Apr 18, 2012 10:38 pm

So the end of season awards are this saturday. What time is that?

I wont be attending but I want to get my shirt signed after the match (I was too frustrated last season). Will the players go straight to the awards after having a shower or will they go home for a bit first?
Also what time do the players arrive at the ground? :ayatollah:

Re: End of season awards on saturday?

Wed Apr 18, 2012 10:42 pm

Hudson to win goal of the season :D :ayatollah:

Wed Apr 18, 2012 10:45 pm

bar last year, i have been to the last ? 14. glamorgan cricket club the last, sophia gardens, and i wont go again, the players are looking at there watches to go at 12 oclock in to town, felt they really dont want to be there, been there done it , dont want to go no more, :roll:

Wed Apr 18, 2012 10:51 pm

ninianblue wrote:bar last year, i have been to the last ? 14. glamorgan cricket club the last, sophia gardens, and i wont go again, the players are looking at there watches to go at 12 oclock in to town, felt they really dont want to be there, been there done it , dont want to go no more, :roll:

I don't think it will be the same this season. The players seem to have more time for the fans under Malky. They've showed that after matches and at the Christmas party

Wed Apr 18, 2012 10:59 pm

ive had some great nights. at the end of season awards,thompson on his guitar , even steve borley on stage singing. dancing, but, they all want to piss off in to town. as soon as they can, malky might say, you got to stay untill 1. but its all false, im passing on this one :roll:

Wed Apr 18, 2012 11:16 pm

CantonJack wrote:So the end of season awards are this saturday. What time is that?

I wont be attending but I want to get my shirt signed after the match (I was too frustrated last season). Will the players go straight to the awards after having a shower or will they go home for a bit first?
Also what time do the players arrive at the ground? :ayatollah:

Can anyone answer? My whole weekend rests on this one question :lol:

Wed Apr 18, 2012 11:17 pm

This year is the first for ages I haven't gone.
Guaranteed a good night with or without the players tbh.

Thu Apr 19, 2012 6:26 pm

So nobody knows if I will be able to get my shirt signed after the game :?

Thu Apr 19, 2012 6:53 pm

Im going for the first time and looking forward to it,
I personally want to thank malky ,his staff and the players for a fantastic season
Be even better if we clinch a play off place by beating dirty leeds :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Apr 19, 2012 6:55 pm

englishbluebird wrote:Im going for the first time and looking forward to it,
I personally want to thank malky ,his staff and the players for a fantastic season
Be even better if we clinch a play off place by beating dirty leeds :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

What time is it? Do you know if the players will go straight there or will they come out for a bit?

Fri Apr 20, 2012 5:27 am

Does not start till 7 , so can't see them being on the piss like we would

Fri Apr 20, 2012 8:26 am

CantonJack wrote:So nobody knows if I will be able to get my shirt signed after the game :?

You can get a shirt signed after any game, the players all leave the club to go home, Saturday will be the same.
Game finishes at 2.15 and presentation starts at 7.30, so I can't see the players sitting in the club hanging around for five hours plus.

Fri Apr 20, 2012 2:13 pm

Players tend to be out of touch with fans these days on account of how much money they earn.Maybe the local boys will know a few of the fans, people like Darcy will for sure, but most of them always seem so aloof.I dont really want to talk to any of them because they move in different circles to me and id rather have a beer with my close friends. But they should spend more time with the kids who support the club because it means a lot to them to meet their idols.I can remember meeting Phil Dwyer when i was 11 and thinking he was god.And when i tell my son that my old man and his father used to come home on the same train after games with players like Graham Moore Tommy Mills and Graham Franklin he thinks im having him on, but thats how it was years ago,when players and fans wages were not that far apart.Hope its a good night for those who are going and hope the players show some real heart felt respect for the great fans of this club.