Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Club should .....

Mon Apr 16, 2012 11:53 am

Nathan Blake has said the club should name a stand after eddie may

I thing that would be a fantastic idea "eddie may stand

Re: Club should .....

Mon Apr 16, 2012 12:29 pm

ccfcwhitchurch wrote:Nathan Blake has said the club should name a stand after eddie may

Instead of the Grandstand IMO. Might get the moany fuckers to make a little bit of noise as well :ayatollah:

Mon Apr 16, 2012 12:52 pm

CantonJack wrote:
ccfcwhitchurch wrote:Nathan Blake has said the club should name a stand after eddie may

Instead of the Grandstand IMO. Might get the moany fuckers to make a little bit of noise as well :ayatollah:

I just think he was a legend for this club the things he did for the people and for the club it's got to be shown some how

Mon Apr 16, 2012 1:10 pm

That would be a fitting tribute to a cardiff city legend :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Apr 16, 2012 1:45 pm

Good idea :ayatollah:

Mon Apr 16, 2012 1:47 pm

I wonder if this infringes on Langstones ownership of potential naming rights to the stadium though? I'd have thought the stands would have had sponsors by now anyway otherwise?

EDDIE MAY STAND AT CCS...........

Mon Apr 16, 2012 5:41 pm

Nathan Blakes thoughts........ :ayatollah:

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/footballna ... -30766063/

Re: EDDIE MAY STAND AT CCS...........

Mon Apr 16, 2012 5:45 pm

There's another thread on this somewhere.

I think the grandstand should be renamed.
The Ninian shouldn't as it's named after a holy place. The Canton and Grange ends are named after local areas, and IMO shouldnt be changed.
And almost every club has a ''grandstand'' so to be sort of unique we should call it the Eddie May Stand :ayatollah:

Mon Apr 16, 2012 5:46 pm

CantonJack wrote:There's another thread on this somewhere.

I think the grandstand should be renamed.
The Ninian shouldn't as it's named after a holy place. The Canton and Grange ends are named after local areas, and IMO shouldnt be changed.
And almost every club has a ''grandstand'' so to be sort of unique we should call it the Eddie May Stand :ayatollah:

Yeah great idea. :ayatollah:

Mon Apr 16, 2012 6:32 pm

So a stand named for someone who managed us for what, 4 years, someone like Jimmy Scoular on the other hand.

Seriously, some perspective...

Mon Apr 16, 2012 6:49 pm

nerd wrote:So a stand named for someone who managed us for what, 4 years, someone like Jimmy Scoular on the other hand.

Good point Nerd.

Mon Apr 16, 2012 6:50 pm

nerd wrote:So a stand named for someone who managed us for what, 4 years, someone like Jimmy Scoular on the other hand.

Yeah, Eddie was great, but this ^^^^^^^^^^ is a good point.

Mon Apr 16, 2012 6:59 pm

Time is of no relevance, here we are talking quality.............. :ayatollah:

Mon Apr 16, 2012 7:16 pm

The Eddie May Stand, I like it. They should definitely rename the Grandstand. :ayatollah:

Mon Apr 16, 2012 7:19 pm

Would rather it be called the Fred Keenor Grand Stand. :?:

Nerd kind of has a point here.

Mon Apr 16, 2012 7:22 pm

Fair point

Mon Apr 16, 2012 7:32 pm

Just said something similar in the poll thats been posted

Mon Apr 16, 2012 7:49 pm

Fred Stewart Stand?

Managed city for 22 years, gained promotion to the first division (finished second on goal difference.)

FA Cup : Reached the Quarter-Finals twice, the Semi-Finals in his first season, the Final in 1925 and won the cup in '27.

Not to mention paying the transfer fee for his first signing out of his own pocket!

:ayatollah:

The Eddie May Stand?

Tue Apr 17, 2012 1:02 pm

I back nathan blake to name a stand after eddie may! A perfect tribute for the man :ayatollah:

Re: The Eddie May Stand?

Tue Apr 17, 2012 1:09 pm

Got a natural ring to it as well IMO :ayatollah:

Tue Apr 17, 2012 1:11 pm

eddie may family stand :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Apr 17, 2012 1:12 pm

it does sound pretty good. The May Stand? :ayatollah: :lol:

Tue Apr 17, 2012 1:14 pm

Maybe it will ge tthe boring fuckers at ninian stand to "stand" up and be more in-voice getting behind the team :lol: :ayatollah:
Also I don't mean to be disrespectful or negative, while Eddie May was a great man for the club, the likes of Alex Ferguson didn't have a stand renamed after him until what 25 years as manager and just as much silverware? I just think someone needs to be at a club a lot longer than 4 years was it, to have a stand renamed after them, again I Dont mean any disrespect to Eddie May, its just what I believe :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: .