Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

just for fun...I think!?!?!

Mon Apr 16, 2012 2:34 pm

Let's hope we do enough to get top 6 (it's in our hands so if we can't do it now then we don't deserve to be there anyway!)

However if we get there & the 2nd leg of the playoff is drifting towards penalties....would you sub Marshall for Heaton in the 120th minute? A sort of NFL style Special Teams move?!????!!!??

Imagine Malky's stature in the media if he did make the bold call & Heaton saved the pens that got us to Ninian Park 3 (Wembley!) again!! We'd never be able to keep him as he would be hailed as the messiah!! :lol:

Re: just for fun...I think!?!?!

Mon Apr 16, 2012 3:04 pm

We're lucky in that both keepers have got pretty good records with penalties. Marshall did well in the Leicester play-off shoot out and also saved a penalty at Brum this year :ayatollah:

Let's just hope we don't have to go through that trauma :lol:

Mon Apr 16, 2012 3:36 pm

piledriver64 wrote:We're lucky in that both keepers have got pretty good records with penalties. Marshall did well in the Leicester play-off shoot out and also saved a penalty at Brum this year :ayatollah:

I'd be happy if it went to penalties, because the opposition would choke.

Mon Apr 16, 2012 5:10 pm

Nedd Glas wrote:
piledriver64 wrote:We're lucky in that both keepers have got pretty good records with penalties. Marshall did well in the Leicester play-off shoot out and also saved a penalty at Brum this year :ayatollah:

I'd be happy if it went to penalties, because the opposition would choke.

Would they choke? In front of their own fans? We'll have our home game first and the away leg second, so the penalties would have to be at their place.

Mon Apr 16, 2012 7:36 pm

We could still get fourth so not out of the question the home game will be the second leg. On current form think we'd be better off away though!