Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Derby last season - a happy day.

Mon Apr 16, 2012 2:20 pm

I have fond reason to remember the home game against Derby last season - £5 at 80/1 on Bothroyd to score first and Cardiff to win 4-1. I was the bloke jumping for joy in the Ninian stand when Robbie (I can't stand the man) Savage scored that penalty in injury time!

Considering Jay was given the first penalty when he wasn't the regular taker, and one of the Derby players made the miss of the season about 10 minutes before the end, it was an incredibly lucky day.

The last 3 times Derby have come to Cardiff its been 4-1, 6-1 and 4-1. In the last game against them at Ninian Park even Eddie Johnson scored! I think i'm right in saying that Derby are the opposition team that have conceded the most number of goals at the Cardiff City stadium, equal with Leicester - 10. However, they have done it in 2 matches and Leicester in 5!

I'll settle for a scrappy 1-0 tomorrow though.

Re: Derby last season - a happy day.

Mon Apr 16, 2012 2:23 pm

Will be a lot harder this time around, even though they are out of the playoff race, they'll still want to finish as high as possible because there's money at stake.

But yes, i'll settle for a 1-0 win, with the winner being an own goal in the 94th minute

Mon Apr 16, 2012 7:40 pm

My mate and i are on shares with our bets, we put a tenner each on every game. Couldn't believe the penalty that was awarded to Derby last year, it was miles outside the box. When Savage scored we were the only ones jumping up & down in the Grandstand. £10 @ 33/1. Happy Days.

Mon Apr 16, 2012 10:15 pm

How many penalties have we had at home this season?

I can't remember one.

Mon Apr 16, 2012 10:35 pm

Die Walkure wrote:How many penalties have we had at home this season?

I can't remember one.

Brighton and Ipswich