Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Playoff run in Malkys Squad or DJ's squad ?????

Mon Apr 16, 2012 12:21 pm

DJ had an excellent squad with the likes of Bothroyd, Bellamy, Chopra, but not as steady defence without turner and not as hard working midfield.

Malky on paper at least has a weaker squad, but a more reliable defence, a keeper in better form, a harder working midfiled but weaker and less options up front.

Do have more faith in Malky and his squad to finish the job off at his first attempt ?????

Re: Playoff run in Malkys Squad or DJ's squad ?????

Mon Apr 16, 2012 12:26 pm

its a lottery in the playoff mate,whoever was in charge.im never too optimistic when comes to the playoffs

Mon Apr 16, 2012 12:30 pm

boxerbob wrote:its a lottery in the playoff mate,whoever was in charge.im never too optimistic when comes to the playoffs

I know what you are saying but this bunch are hard to beat and never give up, the closer we get the more I fancy our chances!!! I would love to be celebrating at Wembley watching Holloway and his Orange army sadly walking home to their busses/trains, it's pay back time come on City :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Apr 16, 2012 12:30 pm

Let's make the playoffs first we still have 3 games to play and anything can happen

Mon Apr 16, 2012 12:40 pm

Ebbw Blue wrote:Let's make the playoffs first we still have 3 games to play and anything can happen

what ive been saying its not a done thing yet , and if we do get there Malkays team any day , we had Dj in charge and look where that got us yeah f**k all :ayatollah:

Mon Apr 16, 2012 1:16 pm

I think Malkys squad is just a tad short of quality but theres something magic about them,we really had no right too push liverpool to the edge in a major cup final and I guarantee that no one will be going on any drinking sprees in the next few weeks.
The current squad are made up of players that want to play for the shirt and will do their very best and you cant ask for more than that really

Mon Apr 16, 2012 1:59 pm

firstly, we need to make the play offs!
secondly, seeing as dj's squad have failed in 2 seasons in the play offs, at the moment id have to say malkys squad...

but the play offs is a lottery, personally i think if didnt have bywater in the team last season, we would of made the final, or even the auto's

Mon Apr 16, 2012 2:49 pm

simon1927 wrote:firstly, we need to make the play offs!
secondly, seeing as dj's squad have failed in 2 seasons in the play offs, at the moment id have to say malkys squad...

but the play offs is a lottery, personally i think if didnt have bywater in the team last season, we would of made the final, or even the auto's

Last year we were also missing centre halfs and Bellamy, it seemed to me that it just wasn't our year we had no luck.
We should have won the season Blackpool beat us, we were the better squad and had the lead twice, but again our hopes went when Jay limped off very early.

We have been in and around the playoffs for about 5 or 6 seasons, so finger crossed we do get there, and this is our year. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Apr 16, 2012 6:21 pm

Bluebina wrote:
simon1927 wrote:firstly, we need to make the play offs!

Last year we were also missing centre halfs and Bellamy, it seemed to me that it just wasn't our year we had no luck.
We should have won the season Blackpool beat us, we were the better squad and had the lead twice, but again our hopes went when Jay limped off very early.

We have been in and around the playoffs for about 5 or 6 seasons, so finger crossed we do get there, and this is our year. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

I think Whitts will be the one to limp off in the play offs this year :/

Mon Apr 16, 2012 6:54 pm

At least with Macolms side we know they will give their all for the cause. :ayatollah: