Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

City sent to show Respect for Eddie May

Sun Apr 15, 2012 8:42 pm

I am in Majorca so don't know the full details, but City will be showing their full respects to Eddie May and his family. :ayatollah:

In my 39 years of following the CIty, Eddie Mays reign as our manager was probably my best ever time, why ? because the atmosphere was amazing,the the whole club jelled/the fans united/Eddie and our fans had a special relationship with each other,never ever seen again and a lot of our players were local in the squad and our players loved the fans. RIP a great Cardiff city manager Eddie Eddie Eddie May. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Re: City sent to show Respect for Eddie May

Sun Apr 15, 2012 8:44 pm

Once again the club shows true respect well done CCFC :ayatollah:

Sun Apr 15, 2012 8:48 pm

A minutes applause will be held before kick-off against Leeds and his family will be in attendance

Sun Apr 15, 2012 8:50 pm

CantonJack wrote:A minutes applause will be held before kick-off against Leeds and his family will be in attendance

leeds better not do a Chelsea today or there will be uproar

Sun Apr 15, 2012 8:59 pm

Should be held at the derby game I cannot make Leeds :evil:

Gary speed had two and he wasnt in the same bracket as Eddie.

I think Eddie Eddie May chant will be in full voice against Derby

Sun Apr 15, 2012 9:37 pm

Forget a minutes applause.

Eddie May's Barmy Army needs to sound around the stadium to show true respect for a thoroughbred City legend!

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Apr 15, 2012 9:42 pm

12thMan wrote:Forget a minutes applause.

Eddie May's Barmy Army needs to sound around the stadium to show true respect for a thoroughbred City legend!

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

This. And especially against Leeds. They wont respect a silence they deteste us.

Sun Apr 15, 2012 10:14 pm

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Fo ... 91261.html

Mon Apr 16, 2012 9:05 am

12thMan wrote:Forget a minutes applause.

That would be perfect. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Apr 16, 2012 9:08 am

Minutes applause - I totally agree Annis ...best City era I was at :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Apr 16, 2012 9:17 am

NIBluebird wrote:Minutes applause - I totally agree Annis ...best City era I was at :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mike, it was probably my best ever season watching City in over 39 years. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Apr 16, 2012 9:19 am

TopCat CCFC wrote:http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Former-Cardiff-manager-Eddie-May-has-died-at-the-age-of-68-article891261.html

That piece says he was nicknamed "The Ayatollah" - no he wasn't, that was Tony Clemo and it wasn't meant affectionately, either!

Mon Apr 16, 2012 5:35 pm

well said annis have to agree it was the best era in following the ,the cup finals were amazing but eddie mays era was the best over a season i think i ever seen :ayatollah: :ayatollah: rip eddie you were a legend :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Apr 16, 2012 6:14 pm

Scunthorpe Away we had 3 stands full of city fans, best City experience ever

God bless you Eddie May

Mon Apr 16, 2012 7:01 pm

bluebird1972 wrote:Scunthorpe Away we had 3 stands full of city fans, best City experience ever

God bless you Eddie May

Brilliant day out and a great time to be supporting the City. Such a shame he passed away so young.

Mon Apr 16, 2012 8:14 pm

I was a ten year old lad when eddie may cmon the scene, and ive followed the city ever since. but that season we got promoted under him was still imo the best season of my era. the early pitch invasion against shrewsbury, having 3 ends in scunthorpe, seeing the trebanog lot on soccer sunday in boiler suits, saluting blakeys header up in wrexham, cohen griffiths equaliser against barnet and watching the grange end go absolute mental. brilliant brilliant days, the eddie may chant, is still imo the best chant ive ever heard when the whole of ninian park sang it. An absolute city legend, thanks for the memories eddie, and RIP :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Apr 16, 2012 8:52 pm

I'mglad it's at the leeds game. I can't make it tomorrow.

Mon Apr 16, 2012 8:58 pm

1992*1993 was when i was first introduced to watching city! eddie mays barmy army was the first chant i heard! this era got me hooked! rushing to town then after the match at 14yrs old to buy the football echo just for the latest scores! great times!