Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: IPHONE & IPOD TOUCH REPAIRS & JAILBREAKS!

Mon Apr 16, 2012 7:37 pm

chunkyblue wrote:
Merlin wrote:
chunkyblue wrote:Merlin I changed my glass
On my iPhone 3GS 2 day . It went prity well untill I noticed that a small bit of the screen don't work no more. Any idea why. The screen and digitiser I bought from eBay for £4.99 , I don't think it's a genuine apple replacment part would this be the problem

What do you mean - a small bit of the [screen] are you talking about the LCD not lighting up - or are you talking about a small part of the touch screen not working?

A small part of the touch screen

Which part of the screen doesn't work when you touch it? serious question......

Mon Apr 16, 2012 7:52 pm

Merlin I asked u this question a while back in a pm, but can you now jailbreak iPhone 4s????

Mon Apr 16, 2012 8:54 pm

cakey-8t7 wrote:Merlin I asked u this question a while back in a pm, but can you now jailbreak iPhone 4s????

Yes on ios 5.0.1
No on ios 5.1

Mon Apr 16, 2012 9:00 pm

Holding the phone in the normal position (uprite) , bottom half rite in the middle . If I was to write a txt I would not be able to type the letters Y H B G

Mon Apr 16, 2012 9:06 pm

Sounds like you may have damaged the digitiser on install - did you apply any heavy pressure to it??

Maybe try and contact the seller and see if he will resend you one through fault, but you have to be delicate with them?

Mon Apr 16, 2012 9:12 pm

Merlin wrote:
LutonBluebird wrote:Sure I've asked this before but what is jailbreak

Your phone is locked to apples restrictions. (factory standard) - hacker terminology = in JAIL.

to jailBreak - means to lift those restrictions applied by apple, so that you can gain access to root files in the iOS so that you can add, change, delete and modify files through the access a jailbreak provides. This allows you to customise your iphone to how YOU want it to appear and work by applying themes, software tweaks etc etc... and the MAIN benefit is to access installous cracked app store to download apps and prgrams for free instead of paying the usual way through the Apple iTunes App Store, allegedly! ;)

Cheers Merlin :ayatollah:

Mon Apr 16, 2012 9:20 pm

Merlin wrote:
2blue2handle wrote:They still wont work tho :cry:

Luke they do mate! Once you are on the page where the flash content is you want to watch - hit the very bottom left icon (it's a video/tv symbol) and it loads from there mate! ;)

Good man :ayatollah:
Well worth the £2 :D

Tue Apr 17, 2012 3:37 am

2blue2handle wrote:
Merlin wrote:

Luke they do mate! Once you are on the page where the flash content is you want to watch - hit the very bottom left icon (it's a video/tv symbol) and it loads from there mate! ;)

:lol: no worries!

Tue Apr 17, 2012 11:11 am

Lots of interest in iPhone repairs and jailbreaks!! Keep it coming :)

Inbox me if you have any issues or want prices. :ayatollah:

Wed Apr 18, 2012 7:25 am

Anyone drop or break their iPhone yesterday celebrating any of our goals and need a repair! I'm your man! ;) :ayatollah:

Thu Apr 19, 2012 7:25 pm

2blue2handle wrote:
Merlin wrote:

Definitely luke! All those interviews and highlights you'd get on the web on your iPhone! :ayatollah:

Thu Apr 19, 2012 7:56 pm

How much to change a screen on a iPhone 4 also how much to jailbreak

Fri Apr 20, 2012 12:41 pm

Rhonddabluebird1231 wrote:How much to change a screen on a iPhone 4 also how much to jailbreak

PM'd you mate. :ayatollah:

Thu Apr 26, 2012 6:46 pm

Merlin wrote:Sounds like you may have damaged the digitiser on install - did you apply any heavy pressure to it??

Maybe try and contact the seller and see if he will resend you one through fault, but you have to be delicate with them?

i bought a new screen and it works perfect now thanks . but i have another problem the stickers that hold the glass on to the plastic mount are rubish is there any other way of sticking it down? i have dust getting in behind the screen i think its getting in from the top of the phone , the glass just dont stay fully in , it is proud by about 2 mm - 3 mm i asuming its becouse the stickers are rubish ? i done a really good job on it so i no its not my fault

Thu Apr 26, 2012 6:56 pm

chunkyblue wrote:
Merlin wrote:Sounds like you may have damaged the digitiser on install - did you apply any heavy pressure to it??

i bought a new screen and it works perfect now thanks . but i have another problem the stickers that hold the glass on to the plastic mount are rubish is there any other way of sticking it down? i have dust getting in behind the screen i think its getting in from the top of the phone , the glass just dont stay fully in , it is proud by about 2 mm - 3 mm i asuming its becouse the stickers are rubish ? i done a really good job on it so i no its not my fault

I normally dont just replace the glass on the top - I replace the whole screen which comes in the frame itself! Although, I have encountered your problem previously. before installing a new glass front, you must warm up the old front screen with either a hairdryer or heat gun (avoiding the home button as you could melt the housing behind it! when its warmed up all the old adhesive that sits on the frame cand be stripped off using your fingers or the blade of a razor etc etc - once all the old stuff is removed, apply the new adhesive paper by tearing off only the side that sticks to the frame, only tear off the back of the adhesive paper that attaches to the screen as soon as your ready to place the new glass down onto it. the cleaner and more accurate the prep - the more accurate the finish. (IF you never peeled up all the old adhesive from the frame when you took the old front glass out - this is why you'll have the problem of the glass not sitting correctly.)

If you ever do it again in future, order a front screen that is already assembled (eg Iphone 4 screen+digitiser+lcd display) all in all it will cost you about £20-£25 for the unit as a whole and you won't encounter the problem you did. :ayatollah:

Thu Apr 26, 2012 7:39 pm

Craig :ayatollah: ..if I need any repairs to my laptop or Ipad I know where to come.

A question for you. When I sync my Laptop to my Ipad, my Itunes on Laptop is 26gb of music and my Ipad is a 32gb model, is there anyway I can just pick and choose which albums are sent to my Ipad as it's taking all my space :evil: .?

And would you go for the Macbook Pro or the Macbook Air??....I'm just surfing, downloading etc...nothing to heavy :lol:

Thanks mate :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Apr 27, 2012 10:19 am

Marc wrote:Craig :ayatollah: ..if I need any repairs to my laptop or Ipad I know where to come.

A question for you. When I sync my Laptop to my Ipad, my Itunes on Laptop is 26gb of music and my Ipad is a 32gb model, is there anyway I can just pick and choose which albums are sent to my Ipad as it's taking all my space :evil: .?

And would you go for the Macbook Pro or the Macbook Air??....I'm just surfing, downloading etc...nothing to heavy :lol:

Thanks mate :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

I know nothing about Macs tbh Marc!

However with regards to your iTunes music, of course you can select which music you sync !

Connect device up, stop the auto sync at beginning, click on the music tab at top next to apps in the iTunes window, then click on sync selected music rather than sync whole music album, then a bit lower down you can select which playlists you want on iPad. I usually make my own playlists, and sync them. Once you,be done that - click the sync button again bottom right of iTunes window ;)