Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

IPHONE & IPOD TOUCH REPAIRS & JAILBREAKS!

Sun Apr 15, 2012 8:21 pm

I do it all!!

Seem to be replacing a few screens, back covers of late, and a few Jailbreaks!

For any queries or quotes add me on twitter @craig_bluebird or email cf23blue@gmail.com or inbox me here! :ayatollah:

Craig.

Re: IPHONE & IPOD TOUCH REPAIRS & JAILBREAKS!

Sun Apr 15, 2012 8:27 pm

Sure I've asked this before but what is jailbreak

Sun Apr 15, 2012 8:43 pm

Hey Merlin
A kid I teach keeps banging on to me to jailbreak my phone. I've always laughed him off, but in fairness he is spot on with his IT stuff. I keep erring on the side of caution about it.
But lately I've realised Apple don't seem to want to allow Adobe Flash Player on their machines.
Could jailbreaking allow some form of Flash player?
Thanks
Doug

Sun Apr 15, 2012 9:16 pm

dougblue wrote:Hey Merlin
A kid I teach keeps banging on to me to jailbreak my phone. I've always laughed him off, but in fairness he is spot on with his IT stuff. I keep erring on the side of caution about it.
But lately I've realised Apple don't seem to want to allow Adobe Flash Player on their machines.
Thanks
Doug

You can purchase an app from the AppStore called "Skyfire"

It is an alternative web browser from safari that allows the running of flash content! ;)

Think it costs a couple of quid though.

Sun Apr 15, 2012 9:30 pm

Merlin wrote:
dougblue wrote:Hey Merlin
Thanks
Doug

You can purchase an app from the AppStore called "Skyfire"

It is an alternative web browser from safari that allows the running of flash content! ;)

Think it costs a couple of quid though.

Awesome top man Merlin, thanks.
When warranty is up gonna try the jailbreak

Sun Apr 15, 2012 10:51 pm

How much do you charge to replace a iPhone 3GS cover?
Thinking of replacing mind because it's scratched to death in a few weeks!

Cheers

Sun Apr 15, 2012 10:54 pm

Will skyfire allow me to watch video clips from the BBC site?

Mon Apr 16, 2012 6:23 am

BluebirdCarwyn wrote:How much do you charge to replace a iPhone 3GS cover?
Thinking of replacing mind because it's scratched to death in a few weeks!

Cheers

Inbox

Mon Apr 16, 2012 6:26 am

2blue2handle wrote:Will skyfire allow me to watch video clips from the BBC site?

I'll double check later mate and let you know.

Mon Apr 16, 2012 6:40 am

Luke - it works fine, I just watched Alex Fergussons rant about yesterday's game on the BBC website! ;)

Mon Apr 16, 2012 7:18 am

Pm sent, cheers

Mon Apr 16, 2012 11:46 am

Merlin wrote:Luke - it works fine, I just watched Alex Fergussons rant about yesterday's game on the BBC website! ;)

Ah cheers, that's my biggest annoyance with the iPhone lol worth the £2 just for that :D

Cheers

Mon Apr 16, 2012 1:41 pm

They still wont work tho :cry:

Mon Apr 16, 2012 2:23 pm

Merlin I have asked this question before, perhaps you can help me , why when, I down load the football league app to my I Pad does it keep asking me for a subscription when I have already paid £4.99p subscription, this happens every time I want to go into the bluebirds site. It worked fine until a couple of weeks ago, and it works fine on my I Phone. Help!.

Mon Apr 16, 2012 2:43 pm

Can Iphone 4S be unblocked? found one over the weeknd.

Mon Apr 16, 2012 3:34 pm

how much to fix 2 ipod touch screens one is 2nd gen and the other its 4th gen ?

Mon Apr 16, 2012 3:35 pm

2blue2handle wrote:They still wont work tho :cry:

Luke they do mate! Once you are on the page where the flash content is you want to watch - hit the very bottom left icon (it's a video/tv symbol) and it loads from there mate! ;)

Mon Apr 16, 2012 3:38 pm

a horse with no name wrote:how much to fix 2 ipod touch screens one is 2nd gen and the other its 4th gen ?

2nd gen one is £25 4th gen I don't really like doing as they are much fiddlier than the older ones although I will do it for £55.

Cheers

Mon Apr 16, 2012 4:00 pm

LutonBluebird wrote:Sure I've asked this before but what is jailbreak

It's a modified iPhone. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Apr 16, 2012 6:15 pm

Merlin I changed my glass
On my iPhone 3GS 2 day . It went prity well untill I noticed that a small bit of the screen don't work no more. Any idea why. The screen and digitiser I bought from eBay for £4.99 , I don't think it's a genuine apple replacment part would this be the problem

Mon Apr 16, 2012 6:27 pm

Hi merlin can you jailbrake apple tv 2 and iPad2 I have seasonpass on my apple tv (may need updating) but I don't know how to put add ons i.e browser, iplayer etc I had icefilms but that's gone Peter tong , let me know what you can do for me please cash waiting :ayatollah:

Mon Apr 16, 2012 7:07 pm

chunkyblue wrote:Merlin I changed my glass
On my iPhone 3GS 2 day . It went prity well untill I noticed that a small bit of the screen don't work no more. Any idea why. The screen and digitiser I bought from eBay for £4.99 , I don't think it's a genuine apple replacment part would this be the problem

What do you mean - a small bit of the [screen] are you talking about the LCD not lighting up - or are you talking about a small part of the touch screen not working?

Mon Apr 16, 2012 7:11 pm

Your phone is locked to apples restrictions. (factory standard) - hacker terminology = in JAIL.

to jailBreak - means to lift those restrictions applied by apple, so that you can gain access to root files in the iOS so that you can add, change, delete and modify files through the access a jailbreak provides. This allows you to customise your iphone to how YOU want it to appear and work by applying themes, software tweaks etc etc... and the MAIN benefit is to access installous cracked app store to download apps and prgrams for free instead of paying the usual way through the Apple iTunes App Store, allegedly! ;)

Mon Apr 16, 2012 7:12 pm

Merlin wrote:

Your phone is locked to apples restrictions. (factory standard) - hacker terminology = in JAIL.

to jailBreak - means to lift those restrictions applied by apple, so that you can gain access to root files in the iOS so that you can add, change, delete and modify files through the access a jailbreak provides. This allows you to customise your iphone to how YOU want it to appear and work by applying themes, software tweaks etc etc... and the MAIN benefit is to access installous cracked app store to download apps and prgrams for free instead of paying the usual way through the Apple iTunes App Store, allegedly! ;)

Are there any risks with jailbraking my iPod Touch 3rd gen? I will do it myself.

Mon Apr 16, 2012 7:13 pm

Tiger wrote:Hi merlin can you jailbrake apple tv 2 and iPad2 I have seasonpass on my apple tv (may need updating) but I don't know how to put add ons i.e browser, iplayer etc I had icefilms but that's gone Peter tong , let me know what you can do for me please cash waiting :ayatollah:

I'm sorry - I am not clued up about apple TV unfortunately so don't know how to JB it, although it is possible! you might want to use the search bar on this website for info on how to do it: www.redmondpie.com

as for the ipad - that I can do! although you should check which version of software it is currently running (settings>general>about - then look for the software version number) then I can tell you WHAT jailbreak is available to you. :ayatollah:

Mon Apr 16, 2012 7:15 pm

adz-a32 wrote:
Merlin wrote:

Are there any risks with jailbraking my iPod Touch 3rd gen? I will do it myself.

There are no risks, It is NOT illegal! although if you ever need to take any apple device back to their store for any warranty issues - you will need to run a a fresh restore of the software in itunes to wipe all traces of the jailbreak off before they will even look at it. They will never ever know that it has been jailbroken previously after a fresh restore.

If you are new to JB'ing - you need to check the current software version you are running - then PM me! :)

Mon Apr 16, 2012 7:20 pm

Version 5.1. With the apple tv I need iOS lion which my mac has not got still on leopard I think so I can't shh with cyber duck to put the add on on but thanks anyway :ayatollah:

Mon Apr 16, 2012 7:22 pm

Merlin wrote:
adz-a32 wrote:
Merlin wrote:

There are no risks, It is NOT illegal! although if you ever need to take any apple device back to their store for any warranty issues - you will need to run a a fresh restore of the software in itunes to wipe all traces of the jailbreak off before they will even look at it. They will never ever know that it has been jailbroken previously after a fresh restore.

If you are new to JB'ing - you need to check the current software version you are running - then PM me! :)

Cheers for the info. I have the knowledge on how to JB it.

Mon Apr 16, 2012 7:30 pm

Tiger wrote:Version 5.1. With the apple tv I need iOS lion which my mac has not got still on leopard I think so I can't shh with cyber duck to put the add on on but thanks anyway :ayatollah:

This is my mates site, he is a hacker, click the you-tube link for all his Mac and Hack stuff - he might have the Apple TV on there somewhere. IF you comment on anything drop my name. Craig_Bluebird ;) (he'll know who I am!)

you might find the answer to many Mac issues there, as he is a pro on just about anything!

http://about.me/zackehsoul

Mon Apr 16, 2012 7:32 pm

Merlin wrote:
chunkyblue wrote:Merlin I changed my glass

What do you mean - a small bit of the [screen] are you talking about the LCD not lighting up - or are you talking about a small part of the touch screen not working?

A small part of the touch screen