Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Gareth Bale...

Sun Apr 15, 2012 7:48 pm

Why didn't we keep him on our books?
Same with Bellers, if we had kept both of them we'd have virtually no debt and be a lot higher ranked IMO

Re: Gareth Bale...

Sun Apr 15, 2012 8:08 pm

I didn't think we ever had them on our books?

Sun Apr 15, 2012 8:12 pm

2blue2handle wrote:I didn't think we ever had them on our books?

Agree Luke :ayatollah:

Sun Apr 15, 2012 8:12 pm

Agree Luke :ayatollah:

Sun Apr 15, 2012 8:13 pm

I found out Bale was from our youth system from someone on this board. I'm pretty sure it's the same with Bellers too.

Plus someone from CC Player made a comment on CC Weekly (Mark Denham I think said it to Neal Ardley) that if we had better youth systems 10 years ago, we'd have been able to hold on to the likes of Bale etc..

Sun Apr 15, 2012 8:15 pm

If we kept Bale (if we ever had him as a Kid) then it's inpossible to say if he would have grown into the same player

I don't think we had him though

Sun Apr 15, 2012 8:25 pm

Gareth Bale nor Bellamy have ever been with the city , Bale was with Southampton and scouted playing in a youth 5 a side tournament in Newport aged ten , his dad used to take him over to the saints satalite academy centre at Bath university twice a week for years.Bellamy was with Norwich from age 11 and used to travel back and fore to Norwich in school holidays.

Sun Apr 15, 2012 8:29 pm

"We'd lost players back in the day like Bellamy and Bale, there wasn't too much to offer young players in Cardiff because the youth system wasn't as good as they could be"

What Neal Ardley said on Cardiff City Player before the Barnsley game

Sun Apr 15, 2012 8:39 pm

CantonJack wrote:"We'd lost players back in the day like Bellamy and Bale, there wasn't too much to offer young players in Cardiff because the youth system wasn't as good as they could be"

He means we lost out on them because we didnt have a youth set up good enough for them to join.

Sun Apr 15, 2012 8:44 pm

Get your facts right before you criticise at least. :lol:

Sun Apr 15, 2012 8:47 pm

polo wrote:Get your facts right before you criticise at least. :lol:

Not criticising, just wondering as I first found out from someone from this very board. Then that on Player sort of 'backed it up' and led me to believing that it was true

Sun Apr 15, 2012 8:55 pm

CantonJack wrote:

Not criticising, just wondering as I first found out from someone from this very board. Then that on Player sort of 'backed it up' and led me to believing that it was true

It wouldnt have wiped the debt anyway. Bellers left Norwich for a few mil and Bale 10m.

Knowing City we would gave sold Bellers fir 500k and Bale for 4m same as Rambo.

Sun Apr 15, 2012 8:55 pm

CantonJack wrote:

It wouldnt have wiped the debt anyway. Bellers left Norwich for a few mil and Bale 10m.

Knowing City we would gave sold Bellers fir 500k and Bale for 4m same as Rambo.

Sun Apr 15, 2012 10:31 pm

I grew up and went to school with bale he was in my year and I can confirm he was never on Cardiff books from a young age he was with Southampton and stayed with them even when big clubs sniffing the first time around because he knew he'd get games. He moved on when he was ready and will do again I guess, he isn't a tw*t who just wants to be paid as much as he can, the new contract he got at tottebham was offered to him his agent didn't go demanding. He's a top lad always was and will be.

Sun Apr 15, 2012 10:39 pm

CantonJack wrote:"We'd lost players back in the day like Bellamy and Bale, there wasn't too much to offer young players in Cardiff because the youth system wasn't as good as they could be"

By losti guess they just mean Cardiff as a place lost them rather than the club.

Sun Apr 15, 2012 10:42 pm

even if we did have bale he would of been the same player, tottenham were going to sell him before he became a top class player it just happened that there left back got injured and that bale replaced him :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Apr 16, 2012 6:43 am

:oops:

And what's with the name 'Canton Jack' eh,eh eh :?

Mon Apr 16, 2012 7:23 am

Before Bellers went to Norwich he was picked up by Brizzel Rovers whilst playing for Cardiff Schools,he was never on Citys books,correct me if i'm wrong :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Apr 16, 2012 7:32 am

gareth was picked up by cardiff,but they hesitated on signing him....in stepped southampton...they were going to let him go at aged 13....but they held on... :ayatollah: :ayatollah: