Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Why do we know what the ref does not?

Sun Apr 15, 2012 6:21 pm

Second Chelsea goal was a disgrace, nowhere near.

When will FIFA wake up?

It's simply not right that pictures, broadcast to millions all over the world, cannot be shown to the one man that matters.

Re: Why do we know what the ref does not?

Mon Apr 16, 2012 9:32 am

OhhhGa wrote:Second Chelsea goal was a disgrace, nowhere near.

When will FIFA wake up?

It's simply not right that pictures, broadcast to millions all over the world, cannot be shown to the one man that matters.

It's also a disgrace that the referee and linesman (assistant referee) were nowhere near the ball and couldn't see what happened.

Terrible decision, but I don't think it changed the game, because Chelsea were far superior on the day.

Mon Apr 16, 2012 9:34 am

Of course it changed the game - Spurs had to come out and attck leaving defence vulnerable - thats lost spurs the match

Mon Apr 16, 2012 9:45 am

NIBluebird wrote:Of course it changed the game - Spurs had to come out and attck leaving defence vulnerable - thats lost spurs the match

Bad tactics on their part, plus they lost their cool (and concentration) because of the ridiculous decision. I don't think you can blame that on the 3 other goals that Chelsea scored. They fell apart, they didn't have to. If they'd got an equaliser, it would've been a different matter, but nobody scored for 20 minutes and then Chelsea got 3 towards the end.

Mon Apr 16, 2012 11:05 am

Nedd Glas wrote:
NIBluebird wrote:Of course it changed the game - Spurs had to come out and attck leaving defence vulnerable - thats lost spurs the match

Bad tactics on their part, plus they lost their cool (and concentration) because of the ridiculous decision. I don't think you can blame that on the 3 other goals that Chelsea scored. They fell apart, they didn't have to. If they'd got an equaliser, it would've been a different matter, but nobody scored for 20 minutes and then Chelsea got 3 towards the end.

Spurs were the better team 1st half and Chelsea scored against the run of play.

Physcologically that "goal" killed them.

Mon Apr 16, 2012 11:24 am

polo wrote:
Nedd Glas wrote:

Spurs were the better team 1st half and Chelsea scored against the run of play.

Physcologically that "goal" killed them.

Seemed like it did, yeah, but they didn't have to let it destroy them. Spurs are a good side and I wanted them to reach the final, if only for Bale's sake, but they needed a leader to get them to keep their focus and there wasn't one there, hence they lost.

Mon Apr 16, 2012 11:51 am

If it was us and we were 2-0 down what would people have prefered. A goal (ie Bales) or the penalty and the keeper (ie cech) sent off??

I'm pretty certain the game would have been a lot tighter if they had a man advantage especially if they converted the pen.

Mon Apr 16, 2012 11:56 am

2blue2handle wrote:If it was us and we were 2-0 down what would people have prefered. A goal (ie Bales) or the penalty and the keeper (ie cech) sent off??

I'm pretty certain the game would have been a lot tighter if they had a man advantage especially if they converted the pen.

Agreed. It was definitely Chelsea's day in more ways than one. Saying that, though, I'd like to see a close-up of that challenge, because I think the Spurs player may have made a meal of it.

Mon Apr 16, 2012 1:17 pm

2blue2handle wrote:If it was us and we were 2-0 down what would people have prefered. A goal (ie Bales) or the penalty and the keeper (ie cech) sent off??

To balance his horrendous mistake he should have awarded the goal and sent Cech off. :D

Southgate reckons though that if they had a man sent off it would have made it worse for Spurs?

Mon Apr 16, 2012 3:05 pm

polo wrote:

To balance his horrendous mistake he should have awarded the goal and sent Cech off. :D

Southgate reckons though that if they had a man sent off it would have made it worse for Spurs?

Gareth Southgate, what a genius. He should be running as a Republican candidate in the USA with comments like that.

Mon Apr 16, 2012 4:33 pm

OhhhGa wrote:Second Chelsea goal was a disgrace, nowhere near.

When will FIFA wake up?

Sod Spurs we've had laods of dodgy decisions including many disallowed goals that were perfect !!!