Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

YOU GOTTA READ THIS FOLLOW LINK

Sat Apr 14, 2012 8:38 am

http://thetilehurstend.co.uk/2012/04/14 ... -oxymoron/

Re: YOU GOTTA READ THIS FOLLOW LINK

Sat Apr 14, 2012 8:56 am

Interesting article.

The average football fan looks upon the police with a negative and that is understandable when you look at the history between the two. I find this sad in a way as I am sure there are police officers who love the game and are ashamed of their profession in the way they are handling this issue. In fact I know this is the case but they represent the lower ranks. Its the upper echolean that make the rules and I wonder if any of them have any interest in the game except for the fact it could enhance their promotion chances.

Sat Apr 14, 2012 9:52 am

Police should use that tactic in every city, town and village after a rugby international. See how the eggs like it.

Sun Apr 15, 2012 1:22 am

Why are football fans viewed by some as outside society, how can football fans be pigeon holed like this, fans come from all sections of society, and in my opinion in the vast majority of cases are the backbone of this sometimes crazy country we live in.

Sun Apr 15, 2012 1:46 am

BigGwynram wrote:Why are football fans viewed by some as outside society, how can football fans be pigeon holed like this, fans come from all sections of society, and in my opinion in the vast majority of cases are the backbone of this sometimes crazy country we live in.

Because for years and years cretins behaved like thugs and as a result, society still seems football fans in that light giving the authorities the excuse to behave now as they should have then.

But it's ok because it was just like minded folk etc.... :roll:

The ironic thing is that those who used to partake in such activity, now whinge about the restrictions imposed on them.

Well that's a well made bed that may as well be laid on.

Sun Apr 15, 2012 1:50 am

In fact, they should hang their heads in shame.

Sun Apr 15, 2012 9:11 am

I blame that bloody Carl chap :P

Sun Apr 15, 2012 9:21 am

NJ73 wrote:In fact, they should hang their heads in shame.

How about getting your head out of your own arse.

No one is perfect and everyone should be given a second chance if they prove themselves. We happen to be the family club of the year yet I dont see indivduals like yourself mentioning that.

Sun Apr 15, 2012 10:27 am

its all about money easy overtime for them in blue :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Apr 15, 2012 10:54 am

NJ73 wrote:
BigGwynram wrote:Why are football fans viewed by some as outside society, how can football fans be pigeon holed like this, fans come from all sections of society, and in my opinion in the vast majority of cases are the backbone of this sometimes crazy country we live in.

Because for years and years cretins behaved like thugs and as a result, society still seems football fans in that light giving the authorities the excuse to behave now as they should have then.

But it's ok because it was just like minded folk etc.... :roll:

The ironic thing is that those who used to partake in such activity, now whinge about the restrictions imposed on them.

Well that's a well made bed that may as well be laid on.

The Article was about Reading, who had 5 arrests all last season and have always has a 'good' rep
It simply does not make sense why there are so many Police waiting for Reading Fans on arrival HOME :shock:

Sun Apr 15, 2012 11:00 am

Police Intelligence a contradiction in terms without a doubt the MET and the WMP are the best 'firms' in the Country and cause more troble than any set of football fans :evil:

Sun Apr 15, 2012 11:08 am

blueheaven wrote:Police Intelligence a contradiction in terms without a doubt the MET and the WMP are the best 'firms' in the Country and cause more troble than any set of football fans :evil:

You are spot on

Away at QPR last season, the Police were a set of Pricks to be quite Frank, they're the ones that cause tension half the time

Of course, there are always idiots, as there are in Nightclubs but they're not bubbled around on a Saturday Night or have herds of Riot Police waiting for them
after throw out time

Sun Apr 15, 2012 5:04 pm

Just a normal night out in Reading on a Fri\Sat TVP always ott

Sun Apr 15, 2012 5:14 pm

50+ lads got pulled by about 50 coppers and a load of dogs

Mon Apr 16, 2012 7:54 am

What is amazing to me is at this time the Government are turning their axe attentions to the Police force. What they are trying to do is fight the cut backs and to do this need support off the public. Do these police officers really believe they can treat the public in such ways and then expect any support. They are even talking about wanting the right to go on strike.

The thing is over time the police have always pissed on their own chips. The introduction of PACE was only done because they couldn't behave themselves. In recent years they've even lost the ability to charge people. What used to happen was you'd get arrested and a copper would charge you with that offence. These days they have to write a report out etc and send that to a lawyer who makes the decision whether to charge or not. The reason for this change is the system lost all confidence in a police officers ability to make that decision. Based solely on their past behaviour.

The police whinge about restrictions caused by the behaviour of coppers gone by, they claim it's not their fault what happened 20 years ago etc. But they continue to do it. These idiots now are paving the way for the next generation of law enforcement. Sooner or later those thugs in uniform are going to pay the price.

Mon Apr 16, 2012 8:37 pm

who paid for the policing for that??