Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: when will the politicians close the gates to immigrants

Thu Apr 12, 2012 7:05 pm

Whats wrong with the wire? Its one of the greatest shows ever created.

Nothing, it's just not a viable source of political theory.

Thu Apr 12, 2012 7:20 pm

OhhhGa wrote:
I learnt that watching The Wire series 3.

That explains the majority of your flawed ideology, logic and understanding.

Youre the one with the flawed ideology and logic.

You are an intelligent lad surely you dont really believe that figures do not get manipulated to support an argument?

Its what all politicians, regardless of the party do best. In their world its called 'Spin'.

Highly skilled immigrants yes they are needed but immigrants undercutting lower paid workers and tradesmen are not good for the economy.

Thu Apr 12, 2012 7:27 pm

You are an intelligent lad surely you dont really believe that figures do not get manipulated to support an argument?

Its what all politicians, regardless of the party do best. In their world its called 'Spin'.

Highly skilled immigrants yes they are needed but immigrants undercutting lower paid workers and tradesmen is not good for the economy.

Of course they do, however those figures were published officially by the Home Office. They were not quoted from a secondary source, with an explicit agenda as many figures are.

I'm aware of that, and as has been stated none of my points/statistics have been fiddled by political spin-doctors. Their provenance isn't particularly questionable.

and I agree, that isn't good for the economy. However so many people dismiss immigration in its entirety because of the minority who do that. You have to view the whole picture, and the positives outweigh the negatives.

Thu Apr 12, 2012 7:28 pm

polo wrote:
OhhhGa wrote:
I learnt that watching The Wire series 3.

That explains the majority of your flawed ideology, logic and understanding.

Highly skilled immigrants yes they are needed but immigrants undercutting lower paid workers and tradesmen are not good for the economy.

Bang on. Its as simple as that.

Thu Apr 12, 2012 7:33 pm

That couldn't be further from the truth. It is in fact a highly complex issue, simplified by those with linear views.

Thu Apr 12, 2012 7:44 pm

OhhhGa wrote:

That couldn't be further from the truth. It is in fact a highly complex issue, simplified by those with linear views.

Its only complex in your own head.

Thu Apr 12, 2012 7:46 pm

If it was such a simple issue, then surely it would have been solved a long time ago?

It isn't debated amongst politicians, academics and the mass populous because there's an obvious answer.

Thu Apr 12, 2012 7:51 pm

OhhhGa wrote:

In simple terms what do pissed up scumbags offer our society? Nothing. We have hundred of thousands of our own. Its a shame we cannot give them to another country but no country would be daft enough to take them. But two wrongs dont make a right.

Therefore, what logical sense does it make to allow the scumbags of another country to come here with no desire to work and put further strain on our social housing problem and public services?

We are in agreement some immigration is important surely we can agree the scumbag element shouldnt be here living off our state?

Thu Apr 12, 2012 7:53 pm

OhhhGa wrote:If it was such a simple issue, then surely it would have been solved a long time ago?

It isn't debated amongst politicians, academics and the mass populous because there's an obvious answer.

How come other countries have made it fairly simple and work?

Thu Apr 12, 2012 7:55 pm

In simple terms what do pissed up scumbags offer our society? Nothing. We have hundred of thousands of our own. Its a shame we cannot give them to another country but no country would be daft enough to take them. But two wrongs dont make a right.

Therefore, what logical sense does it make to allow the scumbags of another country to come here with no desire to work and put further strain on our social housing problem and public services?

We are in agreement some immigration is important surely we can agree the scumbag element shouldnt be here living off our state?

The aforementioned foreign "scumbags" are in such a tiny minority when compared to their British counterparts that I feel it hardly worth discussing. I'd prefer to address the homegrown variants first, as there are more.

Thu Apr 12, 2012 7:58 pm

OhhhGa wrote:

The aforementioned foreign "scumbags" are in such a tiny minority when compared to their British counterparts that I feel it hardly worth discussing. I'd prefer to address the homegrown variants first, as there are more.

Just answer the question. Should they be here?

They obviously are in minority to the homegrown counterparts but the ratio of the population dictates that.

Thu Apr 12, 2012 8:06 pm

Also, there are countries with far greater immigration levels than the UK. The UK has less than 3% of the worlds immigrants, and only 8% of our population are immigrants themselves. If you consider that the majority of this 8% are not the scumbags you have mentioned, then you really are discussing a tiny majority. (Who obviously should not be here.)

So why make such a big deal out of so few?

Thu Apr 12, 2012 8:16 pm

OhhhGa wrote:Also, there are countries with far greater immigration levels than the UK. The UK has less than 3% of the worlds immigrants, and only 8% of our population are immigrants themselves. If you consider that the majority of this 8% are not the scumbags you have mentioned, then you really are discussing a tiny majority. (Who obviously should not be here.)

So why make such a big deal out of so few?

Tiny minority? Come to Merthyr and see how wrong you are.

Had to step over one such vodka induced Pole earlier on my way to the Chinese (The positive side of immigration :lol:)

Thu Apr 12, 2012 8:19 pm

And its a big deal as I live next door to a family of Polish dossers over here for handouts who are driving down the price of my house with their dirty nets and bags of rubbish out the front. :evil:

Thu Apr 12, 2012 8:20 pm

Tiny minority? Come to Merthyr and see how wrong you are.

Had to step over one such vodka induced Pole earlier on my way to the Chinese (The positive side of immigration :lol:)

There is a world outside Merthyr.

You are discussing a tiny minority of this country as if they're the answer to everything, when realistically their absence would have little to no impact.

Thu Apr 12, 2012 8:37 pm

OhhhGa wrote:

There is a world outside Merthyr.

You are discussing a tiny minority of this country as if they're the answer to everything, when realistically their absence would have little to no impact.

Try telling that to the hundreds of Eastern Europran scumbags who have come to Merthyr in search of the Golden Goose.

I never said they were the answer to everything?

It doesnt matter if there are 500 immigrant scumbags in the country or 500,000 they shouldnt be here as they offer nothing and add to our problems.

Perhaps when you start paying taxes you wont be so kind to them.

By your logic shall we not bother wasting our time punishing rapists as they make up such a tiny minority of society?

Thu Apr 12, 2012 8:46 pm

Try telling that to the hundreds of Eastern Europran scumbags who have come to Merthyr in search of the Golden Goose.

I never said they were the answer to everything?

It doesnt matter if there are 500 immigrant scumbags in the country or 500,000 they shouldnt be here as they offer nothing and add to our problems.

Perhaps when you start paying taxes you wont be so kind to them.

By your logic shall we not bother wasting our time punishing rapists as they make up such a tiny minority of society?

Tell them what, "You are an insignificant minority who have been targetted by the low-quality British media during an economic downturn?" Okay, gladly.

Paying tax won't make any difference to my views. A small contribution goes to support the unemployed throughout the country, regardless of where they are from. Personally, I would be more annoyed that it supports the conflict in Afghanistan.

Rapists are commiting a crime and thus should be punished, obviously. A legal immigrant who is unemployed, or one who is supposedly undercutting the British, is not committing a crime. So they cannot be. Your comparison was entirely foolish.

Thu Apr 12, 2012 8:58 pm

As long as immigration keeps the peasnts fighting amongst themselves allowing the poloticians and bankers freedom to manipulate, then the poloticians will never close the gate.

Divide and rule .... simple

Now ask me another

Thu Apr 12, 2012 8:59 pm

You dont think the scumbag element of the immigrant population commit any crimes? :lol:

From Human trafficking to petty theft and having no car insurance (which I can personally vouch for :evil:)

Weve get enough of a war on our hands with our own scumbags without allowing other countrys undesireables in.

But you keep tellng yourself its all fabricated by the media. :lol:

Thu Apr 12, 2012 9:07 pm

polo wrote:You dont think the scumbag element of the immigrant population commit any crimes? :lol:

From Human trafficking to petty theft and having no car insurance (which I can personally vouch for :evil:)

Weve get enough of a war on our hands with our own scumbags without allowing other countrys undesireables in.

But you keep tellng yourself its all fabricated by the media. :lol:

I don't recall saying any of that but I'll offer you a response out of courtesy.

You claimed that, according to my views, rapists should not be punished because they are a minority. Well, all rapists have commited a crime, hence they are a rapist. So obviously they should be punished.

"Scumbag" immigrants on the other hand, regardless of employment, have not all commited a crime. So they should not all be punished.

Those who have should be punished accordingly, following the traditional judicial system.

I cannot believe I had to explain that.

Thu Apr 12, 2012 9:15 pm

Those who have shouldnt be here in the first place.

Thu Apr 12, 2012 9:22 pm

we need to follow the ways of australia and new zealand with a qualification pts scheme based on what you can offer the country.. ie trade/skill etc..

Thu Apr 12, 2012 9:24 pm

Blackwood_Bluebird wrote:we need to follow the ways of australia and new zealand with a qualification pts scheme based on what you can offer the country.. ie trade/skill etc..

Not according to young tony blair here :lol:

Thu Apr 12, 2012 9:26 pm

polo wrote:
Blackwood_Bluebird wrote:we need to follow the ways of australia and new zealand with a qualification pts scheme based on what you can offer the country.. ie trade/skill etc..

Not according to young tony blair here :lol:

:lol:

Thu Apr 12, 2012 9:26 pm

polo wrote:Those who have shouldnt be here in the first place.

That depends on the crime.

Thu Apr 12, 2012 9:30 pm

OhhhGa wrote:
polo wrote:Those who have shouldnt be here in the first place.

That depends on the crime.

Im all sparred out. You win.

Young Ohhga for PM. If he promises to get tough on "Scumbag" immigrants.
:ayatollah:

Thu Apr 12, 2012 9:31 pm

Johnny Rythmn wrote:As long as immigration keeps the peasnts fighting amongst themselves allowing the poloticians and bankers freedom to manipulate, then the poloticians will never close the gate.

Divide and rule .... simple

Now ask me another

agreed :ayatollah:

Thu Apr 12, 2012 9:33 pm

i said this about 5 pages back :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Apr 12, 2012 9:37 pm

krabb wrote:

f**k :oops: reading all the pages of this would be like reading war & peace ;)

Thu Apr 12, 2012 9:37 pm

Blackwood_Bluebird wrote:
krabb wrote:

f**k :oops: reading all the pages of this would be like reading war & peace ;)

:D :D :D :D :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: