Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

released academy players 2012

Mon Apr 09, 2012 5:41 pm

I understand today that Cardiff have released 9 2nd year apprentice players does anyone know which players were released?

Re: released academy players 2012

Mon Apr 09, 2012 8:16 pm

Jordan Carter, Adam Davies, Mamadou Diallo, Yannis Drais, Jordan Jackson, Lke Jones, Reece Ottley and Josh Powell it was in today's program and best of luck to them in the future :ayatollah:

Mon Apr 09, 2012 8:25 pm

Scruffy wrote:Jordan Carter, Adam Davies, Mamadou Diallo, Yannis Drais, Jordan Jackson, Lke Jones, Reece Ottley and Josh Powell it was in today's program and best of luck to them in the future :ayatollah:

Adam Davies got great reviews after the cup game against Spurs and the development game against Port Talbot. Suprised he's released.
At least Darko,St Luce, Wharton and O'Sullivan are still on our books

Mon Apr 09, 2012 8:53 pm

Wharton is outstanding on FIFA... that's as far as my knowledge of those lot goes! :D :ayatollah:

Mon Apr 09, 2012 9:44 pm

CantonJack wrote:
Scruffy wrote:Jordan Carter, Adam Davies, Mamadou Diallo, Yannis Drais, Jordan Jackson, Lke Jones, Reece Ottley and Josh Powell it was in today's program and best of luck to them in the future :ayatollah:

Adam Davies got great reviews after the cup game against Spurs and the development game against Port Talbot. Suprised he's released.

O'sullivan, as i found out last week, is my old head teachers son. Apparently he's just signed a 4 year deal

Mon Apr 09, 2012 10:00 pm

Spawn of Wayne O'Sullivan?

Mon Apr 09, 2012 10:56 pm

how is he on fifa?? have i missed something?!

Mon Apr 09, 2012 11:43 pm

ccfclover wrote:how is he on fifa?? have i missed something?!

if you download the latestest squad file him and ralls have been added

Tue Apr 10, 2012 12:03 am

ellis3210 wrote:
ccfclover wrote:how is he on fifa?? have i missed something?!

if you download the latestest squad file him and ralls have been added

Also Harris and Parish are on it. And Vuckic on loan.

For some reason they have Ralls as Welsh :?

Tue Apr 10, 2012 12:09 am

Alex Evans has been told to look for another club and has been on trial recently at Falkirk.
But it looks like he may sway towards signing for Hereford on the praviso they remain a football league club in the summer.

Tue Apr 10, 2012 12:14 am

bluewilba wrote:Alex Evans has been told to look for another club and has been on trial recently at Falkirk.
But it looks like he may sway towards signing for Hereford on the praviso they remain a football league club in the summer.

Is that the CB?

Tue Apr 10, 2012 12:16 am

2blue2handle wrote:
bluewilba wrote:Alex Evans has been told to look for another club and has been on trial recently at Falkirk.

Is that the CB?

yes :ayatollah:

Tue Apr 10, 2012 12:17 am

bluewilba wrote:
2blue2handle wrote:

Is that the CB?

yes :ayatollah:

I'm not surpised, I haven't seen a lot of him but he looks well short of a champ defender.

Tue Apr 10, 2012 8:18 am

Having watched a couple of youth games, early on in the season, the only player who stood out for me was the CB Yorwerth. Hope he makes it in pro football.

Tue Apr 10, 2012 8:32 am

Yorwerth is an excellent player, looks like a skinny version of Ben Turner but maybe 5 or 6 inches shorter.

I think he's still a first year academy apprentice so will have another year ahead of him before a decision is made. He looked excellent in a few games this year

Tue Apr 10, 2012 9:04 am

young Wharton is a Cwmbran boy, and son of former Cwmbran town Manager (and player I think) Sean Wharton. i hear good things about him which are nothing to do with video games!

Tue Apr 10, 2012 12:30 pm

I sit next to Reece Ottley the young goalkeeper's Father and Grandfather in the Ninian Stand and on occasions when the Granfather has not been present as his wife is very ill reece attends and was aware he was being released a few months ago and he is a little upset although apparently Manchester City have asked him up fpr a trial ,I am sure he was in goals for the young welsh team that beat England 4 - 0 ?.

Tue Apr 10, 2012 1:40 pm

hard time for these young guys! they will have had there hopes on being footballers all their lives. Unfotunately, even though they might be tecnhically good players they will find it difficult to get another club and will more than likely hav to slum it in the lower leagues. They will certainly get a shock when they hit the real world after being in the footballers bubble thats for sure!

Tue Apr 10, 2012 5:13 pm

They were released two weeks ago now.

Adam Davies has massive reviews and is having trials at several clubs. Really not sure why the club let him go, especially with him being captain.

Adam, Luke Jones and Josh Powell are all Merthyr boys and have offers from elsewhere. :ayatollah:

Tue Apr 10, 2012 5:16 pm

CantonJack wrote:

Wharton and O'Sullivan still have another year in the academy system because of their age. Wharton came on as a sub against West Brom in the FA Cup in January. O'Sullivan has represented Wales at a couple of levels.

Tue Apr 10, 2012 5:56 pm

Billy Hunt. wrote:

They were released two weeks ago now.

Adam Davies has massive reviews and is having trials at several clubs. Really not sure why the club let him go, especially with him being captain.

Adam, Luke Jones and Josh Powell are all Merthyr boys and have offers from elsewhere. :ayatollah:

Is that Josh Powell from Penyard? Short kid?

Tue Apr 10, 2012 6:03 pm

No, I know the one you're on about though. This Josh Powell is from Aberfan.

Tue Apr 10, 2012 6:13 pm

Billy Hunt. wrote:No, I know the one you're on about though. This Josh Powell is from Aberfan.

Ah right. Hes a f*cking header the one from Penyard. :lol:

Whats happened to Declan John? How old is he? Is he still with City?

Tue Apr 10, 2012 6:40 pm

polo wrote:
Billy Hunt. wrote:No, I know the one you're on about though. This Josh Powell is from Aberfan.

He's still got another year in the academy.

Tue Apr 10, 2012 7:12 pm

Billy Hunt. wrote:
polo wrote:

He is meant to be the dogs bollox isnt he. Spurs were after him.

Tue Apr 10, 2012 7:24 pm

Gareth (Wilts) wrote:
Billy Hunt. wrote:
polo wrote:

He is meant to be the dogs bollox isnt he. Spurs were after him.

looked good prospect in the victory sheild a couple years ago

Tue Apr 10, 2012 8:41 pm

Billy Hunt. wrote:
polo wrote:

''COMEEEEE ONNNNNN DECCCCLLLAAAAANNNNNN''

Tue Apr 10, 2012 9:27 pm

tylerdurdenisabluebird wrote:''COMEEEEE ONNNNNN DECCCCLLLAAAAANNNNNN''

:lol: :lol: Declan v Spurs.

Wed Apr 11, 2012 5:18 pm

Any idea how Rob Legge is doing as I was one of the coaches at his old team ? :old: :ayatollah:

Thu Apr 12, 2012 8:39 am

What's the name of the big cockney kid at centre half ?