Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

A real jeckyll and hyde performance

Sat Apr 07, 2012 4:05 pm

Great win today but by the sounds of things, first half we were fantastic and Middlesbrough should have been dead and buried. Second half, we seemed awful, constantly giving the ball away and getting outbattled and overrun. Middlesbrough seemed to get lots of joy down the right as Lawrence down the left kept tucking in and this was leaving Taylor exposed. It's only when McNaughton come on and Malky had a word that Lawrence then decided to pick up Emnes, but we seemed on the back foot for literally the whole of the second half and Middlesbrough hit the woodwork twice. Simply put, the second half display was not good enough and we must learn from this and learn from it quick if we want to keep the momentum going now.

Re: A real jeckyll and hyde performance

Sat Apr 07, 2012 4:08 pm

I know what you mean, but f**k that! 2-0 :ayatollah: :D

Sat Apr 07, 2012 4:11 pm

Cwmann_Bluebird wrote:I know what you mean, but f**k that! 2-0 :ayatollah: :D

I know, I am as delighted as everyone, but it seemed today was yet another game we could have easily thrown away. I'm told Middlesbrough actually hit the woodwork 3 times in the second half, it worries me that we can't seem to keep a good performance going for a whole 90 minutes, but let's not worry about this too much, we won 2-0 and are back in the playoffs, bring on Watford Monday! :ayatollah:

Sat Apr 07, 2012 4:16 pm

Tonteg Bluebird wrote:
Cwmann_Bluebird wrote:I know what you mean, but f**k that! 2-0 :ayatollah: :D

I know, I am as delighted as everyone, but it seemed today was yet another game we could have easily thrown away. I'm told Middlesbrough actually hit the woodwork 3 times in the second half, it worries me that we can't seem to keep a good performance going for a whole 90 minutes, but let's not worry about this too much, we won 2-0 and are back in the playoffs, bring on Watford Monday! :ayatollah:

:ayatollah:

Sat Apr 07, 2012 4:20 pm

we won end of.. find summin else to moan about

Sat Apr 07, 2012 4:40 pm

JonnieBlue wrote:we won end of.. find summin else to moan about

Grow up, I am giving my honest assessment of how the game seemed. If we seemed brilliant both halfs I would say we were brilliant both halfs. I am not knee jerk in my reactions like some people on here, I just tell things the way I see it and give an honest and fair opinion. If you can't handle that, don't read my posts.

Sat Apr 07, 2012 7:42 pm

Boro had to go for it in the second half and took a few gambles. We could have quite easily got a 3rd goal. If Mason had a bit more beef on him he could have added to his first half goal no problem.

Sat Apr 07, 2012 7:52 pm

JonnieBlue wrote:we won end of.. find summin else to moan about

i dont think he is moaning.....just highlighting the fact that it could so easily have been a different outcome :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: