Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Away matches season tickets

Fri Apr 06, 2012 7:28 pm

Has the club ever considered selling them? Would be a great way of ensuring a higher level of support away from home and certainly suit a specific section of our support better

Re: Away matches season tickets

Fri Apr 06, 2012 8:27 pm

I think this would be a great idea :ayatollah:

Fri Apr 06, 2012 8:29 pm

Two problems.
1 - Pricing. Different away games cost different prices. So how on earth would they price an away season ticket?
2 - Allocations. We get different allocations for different away games. So how on earth would the club know how many to sell?
It is a nice idea, but not workable in reality.

Fri Apr 06, 2012 8:35 pm

Dont the sweaty sacks do that now they are in the prem?

Fri Apr 06, 2012 9:52 pm

WelshBluebird wrote:Two problems.
1 - Pricing. Different away games cost different prices. So how on earth would they price an away season ticket?
2 - Allocations. We get different allocations for different away games. So how on earth would the club know how many to sell?

Certain teams currently do it...Leeds being one of them. It's not a hard concept, every team indiscriminately charge one flat price for away teams visiting in a league encounter, the club could consider the various fluctuations of price amongst the opposition and build a price structure, or they could have categorys of season tickets based on the differentials of price. Any option adopted would be built upon consideration of typical allocations against the usual restrictions we face.

It's definitely an option, and one I think the club should consider to be honest. However, I'm not sure how productive this would be from a financial perspective for City, and whether there would be implications on our home attendances or season tickets?

Fri Apr 06, 2012 9:59 pm

JonScam wrote:
WelshBluebird wrote:Two problems.

Certain teams currently do it...Leeds being one of them. It's not a hard concept, every team indiscriminately charge one flat price for away teams visiting in a league encounter, the club could consider the various fluctuations of price amongst the opposition and build a price structure, or they could have categorys of season tickets based on the differentials of price. Any option adopted would be built upon consideration of typical allocations against the usual restrictions we face.

It's definitely an option, and one I think the club should consider to be honest. However, I'm not sure how productive this would be from a financial perspective for City, and whether there would be implications on our home attendances or season tickets?

Ironic you should mention Leeds, given the controversy this season with their pricing of away tickets at Elland Road.

I agree with you, though, that CCFC should make more of an effort to encourage away travellers. Away games are superb, but I can't afford to go to many and they need my big gob there to cheer them on!

Fri Apr 06, 2012 10:03 pm

I think this calls for someone with 'authority' from this board to propose the idea to the club :D

Fri Apr 06, 2012 10:09 pm

JonScam wrote:I think this calls for someone with 'authority' from this board to propose the idea to the club :D

Definitely not me then!

They're probably in bed, as they've got to be up early for Boro away. Put this to them on Sunday evening.

:lol:

Fri Apr 06, 2012 10:13 pm

Nedd Glas wrote:
JonScam wrote:I think this calls for someone with 'authority' from this board to propose the idea to the club :D

Definitely not me then!

They're probably in bed, as they've got to be up early for Boro away. Put this to them on Sunday evening.

:lol:

Haha...there's a bit of irony in there somewhere as well :lol: