Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

" MIDDLESBROUGH V CARDIFF FACTS & YOUR PREDICTIONS"

Fri Apr 06, 2012 6:24 pm

TEAM NEWS

Midfielder Faris Haroun could return to the Middlesbrough squad after recovering from a hamstring injury.

Captain Matthew Bates is out for the season after undergoing knee ligament surgery on Monday, while top scorer Marvin Emnes is expected to start.

Cardiff manager Malky Mackay has no new injury or suspension worries, but may drop misfiring striker Kenny Miller.

Miller faces stiff competition from Joe Mason, Rudy Gestede and Robert Earnshaw for a place in the starting line-up.

MATCH FACTS

Head-to-head

• This is the 50th league meeting. Cardiff have won 23 and lost 16 of the previous 49.

• Five goals were generated when these two locked horns at the Cardiff City Stadium four months ago. Faris Haroun scored a late winner for the visitors to secure a third consecutive victory over the Bluebirds.

• 'Boro have won six of the last seven league meetings with Cardiff at the Riverside, keeping clean sheets in five of them. Cardiff's only triumph in 10 league trips to Teesside was 1-0 in December 2009.

Middlesbrough

• Middlesbrough have registered four successive 1-1 draws.

• They have not drawn five consecutive league games since ending the 1976/77 top-flight season with three stalemates and starting 1977/78 with two more.

• Tony Mowbray's side have not lost a Championship match this season in which they have scored first, but all their nine defeats have been by more than a single goal.

Cardiff City

• The Bluebirds are two points inferior to Middlesbrough, and are also on a four-match sequence of league draws. They last drew five in a row in September 2000.

• Between them, these clubs have drawn 31 Championship games this term; Cardiff 16, Middlesbrough 15.

• They have opened the scoring in 25 league games, but have also flittered away 25 points from games in which they held the lead.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/17570975

I'm going for a 2-1 win for City :ayatollah:

Re: " MIDDLESBROUGH V CARDIFF FACTS & YOUR PREDICTIONS"

Fri Apr 06, 2012 6:27 pm

Cheers Rhys. :ayatollah:

Boro 1 City 2. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Apr 06, 2012 7:00 pm

heart 0-2 city, head 1-1

Fri Apr 06, 2012 7:09 pm

I am going to go for a 0-0 :ayatollah:

Fri Apr 06, 2012 7:31 pm

We will either win 3-0 or lose 3-0 :shock:

Fri Apr 06, 2012 9:18 pm

1-0 to the City.

Sat Apr 07, 2012 12:01 am

Cheers rhys :ayatollah: - i just hope we come away with at least a point at Boro :ayatollah:

Sat Apr 07, 2012 6:29 pm

Blackwood_Bluebird wrote:heart 0-2 city, head 1-1

need to go with my heart more often!!