Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Swansea City sussed out by Alan Pardew

Fri Apr 06, 2012 5:43 pm

First of all before I write this I just want to let all the Jacks who will jump down my throat, that I don't blindly hate Swansea City FC.....I just hate their fans.

After that performance today, I think they could well be in trouble, Alan Pardew played a negative set of tactics today but he well and truly sussed out how to defeat Swansea City, I bet all the managers playing Swansea in the next few weeks have made a mental note, let them pass about in their own half, wait for them to f**k up in the final third and counter against their sub par defence.

They've done well this season, but if Rodgers can't come up with a plan B for when passing about in your own half doesn't work, they may have won their last game this season.

(to the jacks: I'll write what I want, I'll write want I want, this a city forum, I'll write what I want)

Re: Swansea City sussed out by Alan Pardew

Fri Apr 06, 2012 5:44 pm

Gavlar wrote:First of all before I write this I just want to let all the Jacks who will jump down my throat, that I don't blindly hate Swansea City FC.....I just hate their fans.

After that performance today, I think they could well be in trouble, Alan Pardew played a negative set of tactics today but he well and truly sussed out how to defeat Swansea City, I bet all the managers playing Swansea in the next few weeks have made a mental note, let them pass about in their own half, wait for them to f**k up in the final third and counter against their sub par defence.

They've done well this season, but if Rodgers can't come up with a plan B for when passing about in your own half doesn't work, they may have won their last game this season.

(to the jacks: I'll write what I want, I'll write want I want, this a city forum, I'll write what I want)

Another swansea thread :roll:

Fri Apr 06, 2012 5:45 pm

Pinster25 wrote:
Gavlar wrote:First of all before I write this I just want to let all the Jacks who will jump down my throat, that I don't blindly hate Swansea City FC.....I just hate their fans.

Why do people find it hard to understand?

They're our rivals so we'll talk about them.

If you don't like it stay off the threads ¬¬

Fri Apr 06, 2012 5:47 pm

Aramore wrote:
Pinster25 wrote:

Cause most people would much rather talk about than those down the road

If you wanna talk about Swansea go on planet swans...

Fri Apr 06, 2012 5:47 pm

I forgot to put a note in to anti swansea posters, as said by the above poster, it clearly says Swansea in the title, if you aren't interested in the topic, don't click it, simples.

Fri Apr 06, 2012 5:49 pm

Pinster25 wrote:
Aramore wrote:
Pinster25 wrote:

Cause most people would much rather talk about than those down the road

If you wanna talk about Swansea go on planet swans...

Not sure that was even a sentence.

Read what I said above. It says Swansea in the title. You don't want to discuss them so just stay out of the thread. :roll:

Gavlar wrote:I forgot to put a note in to anti swansea posters, as said by the above poster, it clearly says Swansea in the title, if you aren't interested in the topic, don't click it, simples.

You might wanna look at the top of the page where it says Cardiff city forum! not planet swans :lol:

Gavlar wrote:I forgot to put a note in to anti swansea posters, as said by the above poster, it clearly says Swansea in the title, if you aren't interested in the topic, don't click it, simples.

You might wanna look at the top of the page where it says Cardiff city forum! not planet swans :lol:

Fri Apr 06, 2012 5:50 pm

And I'm discussing our biggest rivals...bore off

Fri Apr 06, 2012 5:52 pm

Gavlar wrote:And I'm discussing our biggest rivals...bore off

Well if you want a decent response do it on planet swans...

Fri Apr 06, 2012 5:54 pm

Stop clogging up my thread with bickering please mate, would like some serious responses to my post...thanks in advance

Fri Apr 06, 2012 5:57 pm

I think it all depends on which teams they have in the run in.

Some teams like Arsenal and Wigan never like to change their tactics even when they;re against teams that they won't work against.

But then Everton and Newcastle are more likely to try and match their opponents.

It also depends on the quality of the team, Newcastle's team is miles ahead of Swansea's team on every position in the park so realistically you'd expect them to win.

Fri Apr 06, 2012 6:14 pm

I've watched Newcastle a lot this season and the one thing you know is that they are a very organised team which is a great credit to Alan Pardew. The only team I have seen take them apart was Spurs at White Hart Lane but that was whilst they had lost a few players to the African Cup Of Nations. Pardew has done and is doing a first class job at Newcastle and it makes me wonder how the people on this board, the ones who ripped into me when I suggested sacking DJ and replacing him with Pardew feel now. A top manager in my mind and one who would have got our team last season promoted.

Today he got the tactics just right allowing the Jacks to play their tippy tappy football until it got near the edge of the Newcastle box and then they just kept shape allowing Swansea to run into cul de sacs.

Once they scored the 2nd goal they bossed the remainder of the game it was basically one way traffic and a classic example of how to play away against a very good team, and although they have the one way of playing the Jacka are a very good team under Brendan Rodgers.

I think they are safe this season and they deserve to be but I agree BR needs either better quality players or more options in their style of play or they may well suffer 2nd season syndrome.

Today they looked predictable and overall I thought the game was boring.

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Apr 06, 2012 6:17 pm

Gavlar wrote:Stop clogging up my thread with bickering please mate, would like some serious responses to my post...thanks in advance

"First of all before I write this I just want to let all the Jacks who will jump down my throat, that I don't blindly hate Swansea City FC.....I just hate their fans."

So you are doing a post about Swansea, directed to Swansea fans and have decided to post it on this forum instead and ask for some serious responses? Well done. :lol:

Fri Apr 06, 2012 6:29 pm

Tonteg Bluebird wrote:
Gavlar wrote:Stop clogging up my thread with bickering please mate, would like some serious responses to my post...thanks in advance

"First of all before I write this I just want to let all the Jacks who will jump down my throat, that I don't blindly hate Swansea City FC.....I just hate their fans."

So you are doing a post about Swansea, directed to Swansea fans and have decided to post it on this forum instead and ask for some serious responses? Well done. :lol:

That's a fair point, perhaps that opening statement was unnecessary

Fri Apr 06, 2012 6:37 pm

Gavlar wrote:
Tonteg Bluebird wrote:

That's a fair point, perhaps that opening statement was unnecessary

No worries mate, I was just putting the point across that not many Swansea fans will be on our board to see your post, apart from the usual few who are still obsessed with us of course.

My serious response to your question would be that I thought Swansea controlled the majority of the game but with Newcastle being well organised, Swansea didn't look like scoring once. I think Newcastle were showing signs of getting run ragged until their second goal mind as whenever they had the ball, they couldn't keep it for more than a couple of passes before Swansea won it back. Despite the 2-0 win and the praise on here for Pardew's tactics, I still think the best way to play against Swansea is to press them high up the park. I remember QPR doing this away to them earlier in the season and Scott Parker for Spurs set the tone last week by closing them down high up the park. I thought Newcastle played a risky game today by sitting back and allowing Swansea to play their game but luckily they only had Luke Moore up front. Swansea are definitely showing signs of getting sussed mind and it will be a very tough season for them next season.

Fri Apr 06, 2012 6:45 pm

I dont mind talking about scumsea when they lose and at least you know there wont be many of them on the board tonight :lol:

Fri Apr 06, 2012 7:37 pm

David Moyes done similar couple weeks back, think things will be very difficult for them next season.

Fri Apr 06, 2012 7:41 pm

neeball wrote:David Moyes done similar couple weeks back, think things will be very difficult for them next season.

Next season? Hang on, according to everyone on this board we were going to be relegated this season, and by a record low points total.

What went wrong? :lol:

Fri Apr 06, 2012 7:47 pm

NJ73 wrote:
neeball wrote:David Moyes done similar couple weeks back, think things will be very difficult for them next season.

Next season? Hang on, according to everyone on this board we were going to be relegated this season, and by a record low points total.

other teams in the premiership were more shit than anticipated! ;)

Fri Apr 06, 2012 7:47 pm

Blackwood_Bluebird wrote:
NJ73 wrote:

Ah, so we were better than a number of teams then? I think that's the general idea :mrgreen:

Fri Apr 06, 2012 7:51 pm

NJ73 wrote:
NJ73 wrote:

Ah, so we were better than a number of teams then? I think that's the general idea :mrgreen:
maybe nj

but you have to admit this yrs top teams have not been too hot, hence utd, city etc playing shit in europe, liverpool being more poor than ever, arsenal having 8 put past them by utd, then thumping spurs.... its been a weird yr this season and a very below par prem league on recent years...

take nothing away from your performance though..

Fri Apr 06, 2012 7:54 pm

NJ73 wrote:
NJ73 wrote:

maybe nj

but you have to admit this yrs top teams have not been too hot, hence utd, city etc playing shit in europe, liverpool being more poor than ever, arsenal having 8 put past them by utd, then thumping spurs.... its been a weird yr this season and a very below par prem league on recent years...

I don't think the overall standard is any worse than any other year. Chelsea have had a strange season yet are in the semi finals of the Champions League.

If anything I think that apart from Utd and City, the rest has evened out a bit making it more competitive. Whether that's down to the teams at the top end being poorer or the teams at the bottom end being better I'm not really sure.

Fri Apr 06, 2012 7:57 pm

NJ73 wrote:

According to ALL you sweaty sacks we will go under at the end of every season if we dont go up :roll: :roll: :roll: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Fri Apr 06, 2012 8:05 pm

NJ73 wrote:
NJ73 wrote:
NJ73 wrote:

maybe nj

I don't think the overall standard is any worse than any other year. Chelsea have had a strange season yet are in the semi finals of the Champions League.

If anything I think that apart from Utd and City, the rest has evened out a bit making it more competitive. Whether that's down to the teams at the top end being poorer or the teams at the bottom end being better I'm not really sure.

looking at the top teams though, chelsea are almost 20 pts down on where they were last yr in april, arsenal around 12 points and liverpool about 15 united are on about par, man city similar and spurs 4 pts difference... i think the gap between the so called top 4 or 5 is closing, but then again bolton were top 8 last yr and have dropped right down.

Fri Apr 06, 2012 8:07 pm

The Prem IS weaker than last year, however, it is not to the extent that some say it is here in an attempt to degrade Swansea's achievements this year though.

Fri Apr 06, 2012 9:36 pm

All i would say is Swansea have done very well this season but in a Premiership that is a lot weaker than it has been for a long time they play good football but watching them it's not that exciting! It's all well and good having 75% possesion but if the opposition score 2 goals with the 25% they have it's not going to do you much good is it?

Has another poster mentioned to beat Swansea you need to press them high up field by pressing their back 4 this stops the keeper rolling the ball out to the full backs who then slip it into midfield allowing them to play. In my opinion Dave Jones got it spot on last season at the Liberty and we really should have beat them more than 1-0 i am just amazed that so many teams give them so much time on the ball because if you allow swansea to play they are very good side but i think they will find it a lot harder next season. :old:

Fri Apr 06, 2012 11:01 pm

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Ne ... 87433.html

Sat Apr 07, 2012 2:08 am

I know its our favourite put down at the moment, but in fairness you dont get to 11th in the Premier league whilst beating the likes of Man City and Arsenal by 'just passing in your own half'. They have done excellently this season, a breath of fresh air to the league and any of us that even try to make a case aganst it just look silly.

We are playing boro today by the way.

Sat Apr 07, 2012 7:22 am

Make me laugh saying you hate all swans fans when you probably don't know any personaly ,there's plenty of jacks in treharris in and around treharris area and have been for many years ,I think its all down to jealousy on your part I think as little old swansea are where you want to be,your problem is that your club is not as big as you think it is and you know you are about too fail again ,