Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Everytime Newcastle have had the ball, they've given it away

Fri Apr 06, 2012 4:53 pm

Newcastle are winning 1-0, but Swansea have had 80% possession in the first half and the second half has started the same way. Whenever Newcastle have had the ball, they have given it away. In my opinion, I think this is because their players have done nothing but chase the ball, they are tiring and when one of the Newcastle players does get the ball, the team are too tired to offer any support, so the ball is given away.

Now based on what I have just said, imagine how Kenny Miller feels every time he plays the lone striker role for us. Miller feeds off scraps, battles, is isolated with no support, runs his guts out, drops deep to link the play, makes runs down the channels and when he does get a rare chance, it's usually from something he has had to create by himself. In my opinion, I think it's fair to say you can link Newcastle's performance today with how Kenny Miller feels playing for us.

Re: Everytime Newcastle have had the ball, they've given it away

Fri Apr 06, 2012 5:01 pm

Tonteg Bluebird wrote:Newcastle are winning 1-0, but Swansea have had 80% possession in the first half and the second half has started the same way. Whenever Newcastle have had the ball, they have given it away. In my opinion, I think this is because their players have done nothing but chase the ball, they are tiring and when one of the Newcastle players does get the ball, the team are too tired to offer any support, so the ball is given away.

Now based on what I have just said, imagine how Kenny Miller feels every time he plays the lone striker role for us. Miller feeds off scraps, battles, is isolated with no support, runs his guts out, drops deep to link the play, makes runs down the channels and when he does get a rare chance, it's usually from something he has had to create by himself. In my opinion, I think it's fair to say you can link Newcastle's performance today with how Kenny Miller feels playing for us.

see my thread on same subject

Fri Apr 06, 2012 5:25 pm

Main difference is that Newcastle gave it away twice into the net. ;)

Fri Apr 06, 2012 5:41 pm

SBF1 wrote:Main difference is that Newcastle gave it away twice into the net. ;)

:lol: :lol:

Fri Apr 06, 2012 5:42 pm

SBF1 wrote:Main difference is that Newcastle gave it away twice into the net. ;)

I know, Cisse's second goal was outstanding. At 1-0 it was all Swansea, Newcastle were passed off the park, hence my initial post, but Swansea never really looked like scoring, which is typical Swansea really. :lol:

Fri Apr 06, 2012 6:04 pm

Caerphillyblue1927 wrote: