Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

It's has been said....

Fri Apr 06, 2012 4:24 pm

Many times before on here by others aswell as myself, but Stephen Dobbbie again proved the difference as Blackpool picked up more momentum towards promotion.

I've always rated Dobs at this level and fully believe he would've made one hell of a difference to our season had we managed to get him.

Why do Cardiff consistently miss out on top players?

Re: It's has been said....

Fri Apr 06, 2012 4:29 pm

aj1927 wrote:Many times before on here by others aswell as myself, but Stephen Dobbbie again proved the difference as Blackpool picked up more momentum towards promotion.

I've always rated Dobs at this level and fully believe he would've made one hell of a difference to our season had we managed to get him.

Dont know but with what is meant to be happening in the summer hopefully everything will chance.

Fri Apr 06, 2012 4:36 pm

aj1927 wrote:Many times before on here by others aswell as myself, but Stephen Dobbbie again proved the difference as Blackpool picked up more momentum towards promotion.

Why would he have come to Cardiff over blackpool?

Fri Apr 06, 2012 5:22 pm

2blue, he wouldn't come to Cardiff, because Cardiff didn't go for him...

Yes he has ties at Blackpool,but if you don't ask you don't get...

Fri Apr 06, 2012 5:53 pm

Agree, we miss that last bit of quality ever year

Fri Apr 06, 2012 6:21 pm

aj1927 wrote:2blue, he wouldn't come to Cardiff, because Cardiff didn't go for him...

I don't know if we asked or not but I simply can't see why he would want to join us.

Firstly the problem of going from Swansea to Cardiff.

Then Blackpool, he knows the manager, he knows how they play, he knows the fans like him and they are higher in the league.

Fri Apr 06, 2012 8:07 pm

2blue2handle wrote:
aj1927 wrote:2blue, he wouldn't come to Cardiff, because Cardiff didn't go for him...

I don't know if we asked or not but I simply can't see why he would want to join us.

Firstly the problem of going from Swansea to Cardiff.

Then Blackpool, he knows the manager, he knows how they play, he knows the fans like him and they are higher in the league.

Bigger players have crossed bigger divides than Cardiff n Swansea ..
Yeah he knows the set up at Pool but how you put them in a higher league when they are just above us is baffling.

You're kind a drifting off my point.
Cardiff in recent seasons have lacked that special spark, that extra bit to push them over the edge.

Dobs was great for pool when they got promotion and ditto for jacks.

Fri Apr 06, 2012 8:09 pm

:oops: missread it sorry!!!! Thought u classed em in higher lge!!