Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

mammet?

Fri Apr 06, 2012 4:21 pm

when he came on board it was said he invested in club, and wasnt anything to do with sam ! it appears he has brokered a deal with sam & pmg,and yet nothing is said about him since day he joined! what is his role at city??? any ansers ??? i have asked before but get no responce so thought try again as he waqs mentioned in update recently!

Re: mammet?

Fri Apr 06, 2012 5:12 pm

pembroke allan wrote:when he came on board it was said he invested in club, and wasnt anything to do with sam ! it appears he has brokered a deal with sam & pmg,and yet nothing is said about him since day he joined! what is his role at city??? any ansers ??? i have asked before but get no responce so thought try again as he waqs mentioned in update recently!

His name is Mehmet Dalman.

He appears to have been brought on board to raise finance/bring in new investors to facilitate paying a reduced settlement to both Sam and PMG.

His background is in banking and corporate finance and he has brokered some major deals in his time (far greater than any he might do at CCFC) so he certainly has the expertise. He also has significant knowledge of football deals.

There was speculation that he was" Sam`s "man" on the board , but this has been categorically denied by Alan Whiteley , the club`s Chief Executive , who says that he was recruited for his professional skills and experience and has no connection with either Sam or Langston.

Fri Apr 06, 2012 5:29 pm

since62 wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:when he came on board it was said he invested in club, and wasnt anything to do with sam ! it appears he has brokered a deal with sam & pmg,and yet nothing is said about him since day he joined! what is his role at city??? any ansers ??? i have asked before but get no responce so thought try again as he waqs mentioned in update recently!

He appears to have been brought on board to raise finance/bring in new investors to facilitate paying a reduced settlement to both Sam and PMG.

His background is in banking and corporate finance and he has brokered some major deals in his time (far greater than any he might do at CCFC) so he certainly has the expertise. He also has significant knowledge of football deals.

There was speculation that he was" Sam`s "man" on the board , but this has been categorically denied by Alan Whiteley , the club`s Chief Executive , who says that he was recruited for his professional skills and experience and has no connection with either Sam or Langston.

Keith,
I can promise you this he is good friends with Sam, but you are right, he is helping sort out Langston/Pmg. :ayatollah:

Fri Apr 06, 2012 5:39 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
since62 wrote:

Keith,
I can promise you this he is good friends with Sam, but you are right, he is helping sort out Langston/Pmg. :ayatollah:

Annis

You could be right in what Sam has told you, as I don`t know Mehmet Dalman personally , only by reputation and I am aware of some business deals he has done in the recent past.

I was only reporting what Alan Whiteley said in response to a direct question about it. His response has been reported in the published notes of the latest meeting between AW and the Trust . I was not at that meeting but do know that the "rules" for such meetings are that the club do not tell the Trust anything that they are not happy to be reported back to its members that raise the questions. This prevents any leaks of commercially sensitive , confidential or personal information.

Keith

Fri Apr 06, 2012 6:04 pm

Another honest John I expect lol

Fri Apr 06, 2012 7:44 pm

lets be honest are there any honest johns in football ;) i doubt it :shock: