Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Do you buy a City Programme?

You may select 1 option

View results

Do You Buy a Matchday Programme?

Fri Apr 06, 2012 11:38 am

With the clubs programme survey, do you buy a programme? If not, is it because of the expense or the quality of the programme?

Re: Do You Buy a Matchday Programme?

Fri Apr 06, 2012 11:55 am

Yes i do. I have a large collection covering a period of 1976 to present. I also have a few 1960's & early 70's aswell.

Fri Apr 06, 2012 11:56 am

Every game. Found my FA Cup final programme yesterday as well :ayatollah:

Fri Apr 06, 2012 12:09 pm

Used to buy themfor every match, until my son stopped looking after them and cutting pictures out of them. I wanted to collect everyone since we moved to the ccs but decided what's the point if they ain't being looked after.

Fri Apr 06, 2012 12:38 pm

No i just find them a waste of money and cant be arsed carry them back to the pub screwed up in your pockets :lol:

Fri Apr 06, 2012 1:13 pm

Used to buy them now and then but found them more and more boring and full of adverts.
Problem is in this modern day of news being instant the programmes are old news by the time people come to buy them.

I've not bought one this year but the size and quality of the paper looks shit, not something people would want to collect.

Fri Apr 06, 2012 3:45 pm

I collect and this years has been the poorest effort for a long time, yet the team designing it thunk its great.

Despite someones drawing talent the front cover is not for self portraits.

Back to glossy paper next season I hope!

Fri Apr 06, 2012 4:50 pm

Used to buy them every game & have probably got about a 1,000 but have stopped buying them now, they're all the same these days & are more like a magazine & have lost the personal identity of the team.

Fri Apr 06, 2012 4:58 pm

i cant give them anymore of my money,we get ripped off down their now,so i never buy a programme....f@ck umm :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Apr 06, 2012 5:03 pm

used to when they were 10p :lol: how much are they now??????

Fri Apr 06, 2012 5:45 pm

I do buy one for every game I attend.

This year's, I agree are the poorest for a very long time :twisted:

I find that I don't read them much at the time that I buy them - possibly just at the agme itself - however, when you look back a few years later, I find they're absolutley fascinating and remind me of things that are forgotten, and just generally for results, individual matches, and details about players who have moved on. I generally do this in the summer months when there's no CCFC matches to watch.

That's the reason I buy them, but agree that I get little out of them that can't be picked up on here or generally in the media at the time that I buy them.

Fri Apr 06, 2012 6:33 pm

Still buy them, although this year's is not brilliant. The size is OK, don't even mind the quality of the paper, but too much info crammed in. Too fussy, too many different colours. Some pages can give you a headache! Responded to the questionaire today; keep it simple :ayatollah:

Sat Apr 07, 2012 7:56 am

I've just filled in the questionaire too :ayatollah:

Let's hope they listen to us.

Sat Apr 07, 2012 3:33 pm

I used to collect them when younger, but now just pick them up for any away games.

Sat Apr 07, 2012 7:35 pm

This seasons programme looks to drab ! I prefer the glosier version.