Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

" IS THE BORO GAME A SIX POINTER? "

Fri Apr 06, 2012 10:20 am

What are your opinions.

Lose and we will struggle to make the play offs.

Win and it doesn't guarantee a play off place.

Would a draw be such a bad result ?

Re: " IS THE BORO GAME A SIX POINTER? "

Fri Apr 06, 2012 10:23 am

carlccfc wrote:What are your opinions.

My opinion, its a must win game, nothing less than a win, games are running out.

Fri Apr 06, 2012 10:24 am

Yes

Simple

Fri Apr 06, 2012 10:25 am

Forever Blue wrote:

My opinion, its a must win game, nothing less than a win, games are running out.

Indeed they are but I don't think a draw would be a disaster.

Fri Apr 06, 2012 10:25 am

A draw isn't a bad result. A win would be magic.

Fri Apr 06, 2012 10:28 am

Forever Blue wrote:

agreed, :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Apr 06, 2012 10:32 am

Win or bust,,,death or glory boy,,,he who dares wins,,,fortune favours the brave,,,lucky eleven,,,thy shall be done!

Fri Apr 06, 2012 10:43 am

carlccfc wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Indeed they are but I don't think a draw would be a disaster.

We need at least a draw. i'd settle for a draw being its an away game to a decent side. 3 pts will be excellent.

Fri Apr 06, 2012 10:48 am

A win is a must and now is the time to hit a rich vein of form :ayatollah:

Fri Apr 06, 2012 10:49 am

With the Boro being one of the clubs challenging for the playoffs this is a must not lose game, whatever the result Watford is a must win game.

Since the Championship was set up only four clubs have reached the playoffs with 63 points after 42 games so come Monday evening if we have less than 63 points history will tell you we will not reach the playoffs.

I think we will get a least a draw tomorrow but we must win Monday. Home games and Barnsley away are the key that will open the playoff door for me.

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Apr 06, 2012 11:02 am

No six pointer we will finish around 10th

Simply not good enough

Fri Apr 06, 2012 11:03 am

Forever Blue wrote:

agreed :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Apr 06, 2012 11:11 am

Got to be a win. Anything less and we will struggle to make up ground. We will have put to much pressure on ourselves and I don't think we have the experience to overcome.

Fri Apr 06, 2012 11:35 am

im waiting on results today as 3 teams in play off hunt play today. but every game is a must win. i got a good feeling about tomorrow though. 2-0 city!!

Fri Apr 06, 2012 11:41 am

PtB wrote:A draw isn't a bad result. A win would be magic.

With 6 games left and being outside of the playoff spots how can you say that a draw isn't a bad result. Given the fact that we only have 6 games to get vital points, any draw would be nothing short of a disaster at this late stage of the season.

Fri Apr 06, 2012 11:53 am

Bluebird64 wrote:

With 6 games left and being outside of the playoff spots how can you say that a draw isn't a bad result. Given the fact that we only have 6 games to get vital points, any draw would be nothing short of a disaster at this late stage of the season.

Being that Boro and ourselves are the 2 teams outside the play offs then I agree that a draw would not be a disaster.

Fri Apr 06, 2012 12:10 pm

carlccfc wrote:
Bluebird64 wrote:

Being that Boro and ourselves are the 2 teams outside the play offs then I agree that a draw would not be a disaster.

The only way a draw would not be considered a disaster would be if we were content with finishing outside the top 6. If you keep kidding yourself that draws at this late stage of the season are adequate then see where we finish on the final day of the season. If we were say third in the table with a few points to spare then I would agree that a draw may not be that bad but as we are currently outside the palyoff positions then we cannot rely on other teams slipping up so anything other than 3 points just drives more nails into the coffin.I respect both of your opinions but I personally don't think they are realsitic given the circumstances.

Fri Apr 06, 2012 12:15 pm

It's all over, we have had so many chances to push on, but didn't take them. I think it's time to accept we won't make the playoffs let alone promotion.

Just love to be proved wrong.

Fri Apr 06, 2012 12:33 pm

win = great

draw = acceptable

loss = bring on next season

lets see what happens!!

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :old:

Fri Apr 06, 2012 12:36 pm

only saving grace is that so many teams around us need points, and to be honest at this time they all need to pick up points but as we know some play each other so plenty more twists, but we musnt lose or it gets harder as less teams need to drop points towards end season.

Fri Apr 06, 2012 12:37 pm

llwynypia bluebirds wrote:It's all over, we have had so many chances to push on, but didn't take them. I think it's time to accept we won't make the playoffs let alone promotion.

Just love to be proved wrong.

bet other teams have said that when they lost but in reallity everyone have dropped points hence how close it is never over until fat lady sings!

Fri Apr 06, 2012 12:39 pm

Bluebird64 wrote:

I think it is blatantly obvious when taking a realistic approach to it like Carl has in rresponse to you and not taking the very common of late panic merchant approach.

Win all your homes and games against the lower placed teams away from home, draw your away games to close rivals.

Fri Apr 06, 2012 12:39 pm

A draw would be fine as long as we win Monday :ayatollah: 4 points minimum is a necessity over these two games to keep our season alive. :ayatollah:

Fri Apr 06, 2012 1:02 pm

HAS TO BE A WIN, MALKY HAS TO MAKE SURE HE SETS THE TEAM UP TO GO ALL OUT FOR A WIN :ayatollah: :ayatollah:
DONT FORGET WE ARE PLAYING BORO NOT REAL MADRID :!:

Fri Apr 06, 2012 1:09 pm

I agree with you Carl, a draw wouldn't be a total disaster. A win would be fantastic, but it's definitely a game we can't really afford to lose. I think barring any team now below us we are among 4 clubs chasing 2 play off spots. So I think tomorrow is as much about us stopping Boro gaining any points as much as it is about us going for the points if that makes sense :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Apr 06, 2012 1:09 pm

No matter what the result we won't be out of it but I think 4 points this Easter weekend would be a good return but the point needs to come tomorrow. A win would be idea

Fri Apr 06, 2012 1:48 pm

I personally think our season was over two matches ago - lose and it will be - tactic change by MM as he is turning us into a predictable boring team

Fri Apr 06, 2012 2:00 pm

Four wins from six will get us into the playoffs, if we lose this game our hardest remaining game it won't be the end of the world, keep the faith we can do this :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Apr 06, 2012 4:15 pm

carlccfc wrote:
Bluebird64 wrote:
PtB wrote:A

No it would't be a disaster if have no intention of making the play off's, if you do want to have any hope of making the Playoff's its a must win , Not that Malky will know that , What's the odds on 1 up front and the same team playing the same boring predicable football tomorrow ?

Fri Apr 06, 2012 5:40 pm

this^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^