Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: 3000 current Swansea season ticket holders

Sat Apr 07, 2012 2:21 am

Forever Blue wrote:
Joff wrote:Perhaps I didn't make the reason for the post clear, I am not criticising the lack of renewals but pointing out that floating fans soon disappear after the first year in the Premier League. I am sure this would be the case with Cardiff too if we made the PL. At least opening ST's to jackarmy loyalty point holders show genuine fans will be back in the Liberty.

For those unhappy with the post about Swansea - the title clearly indicates the subject matter, you make the choice to read it or not.

I also have said the same about Blackpool, Burnley & Hull in previous years.

I have to agree with Joff on this, but if we were in the Premier I honestly believe if we held 40,000 we would average over 35,000 the first season, but this is not a dig, but I really believe the Jacks would not average above 25,000.

Not sure we would average 35,000. We would get that for the likes of Man Utd but would barly get 27,000 for the likes of QPR etc. I think we would be around the 28,000 mark.

The jacks would definately average above 25k too. Their away capacity would increase to 3000 under EPL rules. They currently have 14,500 renewals, 5,000 on the waiting list and a few thousand jackarmy members. thats over 25k there without the walk-up. I think they would average 26-27k selling out against the big guns.