Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

3000 current Swansea season ticket holders

Thu Apr 05, 2012 7:08 pm

have not renewed for next season. This is probably good news for some of their genuine supporters who missed out last year, however it does question the thought process behind a proposed 30,000 capacity stadium.

Re: 3000 current Swansea season ticket holders

Thu Apr 05, 2012 7:10 pm

Joff wrote:have not renewed for next season. This is probably good news for some of their genuine supporters who missed out last year, however it does question the thought process behind a proposed 30,000 capacity stadium.

You need a new source for your info I'm afraid.

Thu Apr 05, 2012 7:23 pm

Joff wrote:have not renewed for next season. This is probably good news for some of their genuine supporters who missed out last year, however it does question the thought process behind a proposed 30,000 capacity stadium.

i'm glad someone brought this up we haven't spoke about this :lol:

its actually over 14k and an approximate 90%renewal rate but don't let the facts get in the way , where are you going with this thread mate , i can't wait

Thu Apr 05, 2012 7:37 pm

apart for swans fans who cares best of luck to them can we now debate our own club cheers :ayatollah:

Thu Apr 05, 2012 8:34 pm

Thanks for letting us know , this site is fast becoming the number 1 one stop for all things Swansea , any other gems

Thu Apr 05, 2012 8:40 pm

Fusilier52 wrote:

Thanks for letting us know , this site is fast becoming the number 1 one stop for all things Swansea , any other gems

Brendan's going to resign as Swansea manager at the end of the season to fulfil his lifelong ambition of becoming Barnet boss.

Thu Apr 05, 2012 8:42 pm

14k estimated for renewals
Many of whom, have had to dig into their child tax benifit an Renew provident loans, to get their next years tickets

Thu Apr 05, 2012 8:44 pm

WHO f*cking CARES

Thu Apr 05, 2012 8:51 pm

Mate of mine who supports Charlton Athletic told me today that STs have just gone on sale there. They are expecting a bit of a decent take up, assuming they keep their nerve for the run-in. They get pretty good crowds, more than Palace and Millwall. Hope they make it.

Why have I posted this? Well as we are talking about other clubs' ST sales, thought I would broaden it out a bit. :ayatollah:

Thu Apr 05, 2012 8:54 pm

llangainbluebird wrote:Mate of mine who supports Charlton Athletic told me today that STs have just gone on sale there. They are expecting a bit of a decent take up, assuming they keep their nerve for the run-in. They get pretty good crowds, more than Palace and Millwall. Hope they make it.

Why have I posted this? Well as we are talking about other clubs' ST sales, thought I would broaden it out a bit. :ayatollah:

Doesnt bother me talking about other clubs like that but it just seems theres a constant obsession with swansea on here.

Thu Apr 05, 2012 9:39 pm

llangainbluebird wrote:Mate of mine who supports Charlton Athletic told me today that STs have just gone on sale there. They are expecting a bit of a decent take up, assuming they keep their nerve for the run-in. They get pretty good crowds, more than Palace and Millwall. Hope they make it.

well made point :lol:

We are rapidly becoming as obsessed with Swansea City FC as they have historically been obsessed with us :twisted:

Thu Apr 05, 2012 10:09 pm

sloper_road_legend wrote:14k estimated for renewals
Many of whom, have had to dig into their child tax benifit an Renew provident loans, to get their next years tickets

brilliant :D :lol:

Thu Apr 05, 2012 11:17 pm

f*cking hell!!! Large renewals in the prem!!

Well done :lol:

Fri Apr 06, 2012 6:42 am

We have over 5 k on the waiting list and many more on the jackarmy members,,plus not every one can afford to renew as sloper put it,,but,even tho i think its still a higher percentage then the supper club you call your self?? ;)

Fri Apr 06, 2012 7:46 am

Perhaps I didn't make the reason for the post clear, I am not criticising the lack of renewals but pointing out that floating fans soon disappear after the first year in the Premier League. I am sure this would be the case with Cardiff too if we made the PL. At least opening ST's to jackarmy loyalty point holders show genuine fans will be back in the Liberty.

For those unhappy with the post about Swansea - the title clearly indicates the subject matter, you make the choice to read it or not.

I also have said the same about Blackpool, Burnley & Hull in previous years.

Fri Apr 06, 2012 7:59 am

Joff wrote:Perhaps I didn't make the reason for the post clear, I am not criticising the lack of renewals but pointing out that floating fans soon disappear after the first year in the Premier League. I am sure this would be the case with Cardiff too if we made the PL. At least opening ST's to jackarmy loyalty point holders show genuine fans will be back in the Liberty.

For those unhappy with the post about Swansea - the title clearly indicates the subject matter, you make the choice to read it or not.

I have to agree with Joff on this, but if we were in the Premier I honestly believe if we held 40,000 we would average over 35,000 the first season, but this is not a dig, but I really believe the Jacks would not average above 25,000.

Fri Apr 06, 2012 8:07 am

Joff wrote:Perhaps I didn't make the reason for the post clear, I am not criticising the lack of renewals but pointing out that floating fans soon disappear after the first year in the Premier League. I am sure this would be the case with Cardiff too if we made the PL. At least opening ST's to jackarmy loyalty point holders show genuine fans will be back in the Liberty.

but we haven't been able to cater for floating fans at all this season because its nigh on impossible to get a ticket with only 1500 matchday tickets on sale , i know of many many people who would go down if they could get a ticket

Fri Apr 06, 2012 8:51 am

Forever Blue wrote:

I have to agree with Joff on this, but if we were in the Premier I honestly believe if we held 40,000 we would average over 35,000 the first season, but this is not a dig, but I really believe the Jacks would not average above 25,000.

What is your fixation with size ?

Fri Apr 06, 2012 1:02 pm

swansealad69 wrote:We have over 5 k on the waiting list and many more on the jackarmy members,,plus not every one can afford to renew as sloper put it,,but,even tho i think its still a higher percentage then the supper club you call your self?? ;)

lol doesnt matter persentage how many can you sell??? well bet its not more than we will sell and we are championship, so your argument is bollocks, actual sales is what matters when you get bigger ground then you can boast until you boast more fans than us watching then you have case ! dont you think roles reversed it would be same cenario? also financial climate same for all and we are still going to sell more than you, just admit you are small fish in big pond!!

Fri Apr 06, 2012 1:04 pm

pembroke allan wrote:
swansealad69 wrote:We have over 5 k on the waiting list and many more on the jackarmy members,,plus not every one can afford to renew as sloper put it,,but,even tho i think its still a higher percentage then the supper club you call your self?? ;)

lol doesnt matter persentage how many can you sell??? well bet its not more than we will sell and we are championship, so your argument is bollocks, actual sales is what matters when you get bigger ground then you can boast until you boast more fans than us watching then you have case ! dont you think roles reversed it would be same cenario? also financial climate same for all and we are still going to sell more than you, just admit you are small fish in big pond!!

you are doing well but ffs dont go overboard or you might drown!!!

Fri Apr 06, 2012 2:27 pm

Who gives a f**k!

Fri Apr 06, 2012 4:00 pm

waddle wrote:

but we haven't been able to cater for floating fans at all this season because its nigh on impossible to get a ticket with only 1500 matchday tickets on sale , i know of many many people who would go down if they could get a ticket

well get a bigger stadium and cater for all plastics that you have genuine fans will never get tickets not as long as you stay in premier we will have simular problems if we get there! when you get relegated sure there will be plenty of places for fans in 35k stadium you might build

Fri Apr 06, 2012 6:59 pm

considering they are doing quite well and playing decent football, 14.5k is not great... im slightly shocked at that.. also considering we are still championship, playing shit football and lots of fans have lost interest lately. 15500 for us so far doesnt seem that bad...

Fri Apr 06, 2012 7:06 pm

You need to sort your source out fella, according to our director on twitter we only have a few available which will go to jack army members with certain points, but hey, what the hell does he know :lol:

Fri Apr 06, 2012 7:06 pm

Blackwood_Bluebird wrote:considering they are doing quite well and playing decent football, 14.5k is not great... im slightly shocked at that.. also considering we are still championship, playing shit football and lots of fans have lost interest lately. 15500 for us so far doesnt seem that bad...

90% of season ticket holders have renewed. I fail to see what's wrong with that.

Did you expect it to be 100% in the current economic climate?

Fri Apr 06, 2012 7:07 pm

Blackwood_Bluebird wrote:considering they are doing quite well and playing decent football, 14.5k is not great... im slightly shocked at that.. also considering we are still championship, playing shit football and lots of fans have lost interest lately. 15500 for us so far doesnt seem that bad...

It's only for renewals, it's not available to people who can just come along and buy one, prices are not even out for that yet

Fri Apr 06, 2012 7:44 pm

NJ73 wrote:

90% of season ticket holders have renewed. I fail to see what's wrong with that.

yes considering there are supposed to be people in a waiting system for season tickets..

Fri Apr 06, 2012 7:46 pm

Blackwood_Bluebird wrote:
NJ73 wrote:

yes considering there are supposed to be people in a waiting system for season tickets..

What has people waiting for season tickets got to do with people renewing or not?

You do realise that the people waiting for season tickets have not yet been able to buy them as they haven't gone on sale to them yet?

Fri Apr 06, 2012 7:48 pm

NJ73 wrote:
NJ73 wrote:

What has people waiting for season tickets got to do with people renewing or not?

You do realise that the people waiting for season tickets have not yet been able to buy them as they haven't gone on sale to them yet?

no sorry i didnt realise that... losing so many from the renewals wont make too much difference then for those waiting for first time sales..

Fri Apr 06, 2012 7:49 pm

NJ73 wrote:
NJ73 wrote:

no sorry i didnt realise that... losing so many from the renewals wont make too much difference then for those waiting for first time sales..

Yep.