Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

O/T Karen Matthews freed.

Thu Apr 05, 2012 9:48 am

Karen Matthews freed.

Karen Matthews and her co-accused Michael Donovan were found guilty in December 2008 of kidnap, false imprisonment and preventing the course of justice after Karen's nine-year-old daughter Shannon went missing.
Shannon Matthews was missing for 24 days. Shannon Matthews was missing for 24 days. Credit: Police handout

The schoolgirl was found hidden in Donovan's flat in Bartley Carr, West Yorkshire. She had been there for 24 days.

The trial at Leeds Crown Court heard the pair kept Shannon "drugged subdued and hidden from the public" so they could claim £50,000 in reward money. :( :(

Re: O/T Karen Matthews freed.

Thu Apr 05, 2012 9:50 am

taffy123 wrote:Karen Matthews freed.

Karen Matthews and her co-accused Michael Donovan were found guilty in December 2008 of kidnap, false imprisonment and preventing the course of justice after Karen's nine-year-old daughter Shannon went missing.
Shannon Matthews was missing for 24 days. Shannon Matthews was missing for 24 days. Credit: Police handout

The schoolgirl was found hidden in Donovan's flat in Bartley Carr, West Yorkshire. She had been there for 24 days.

The trial at Leeds Crown Court heard the pair kept Shannon "drugged subdued and hidden from the public" so they could claim £50,000 in reward money. :( :(

I love you Mum!

Thu Apr 05, 2012 10:33 am

Yes that's British justice for you.. You only got to look at those bastards who murdered James bulger. 2 years of age he was when they murdered him. I think they spent around 10years inside for what they did.

They should have had the same done to them....

Thu Apr 05, 2012 1:59 pm

Miller time wrote:Yes that's British justice for you.. You only got to look at those bastards who murdered James bulger. 2 years of age he was when they murdered him. I think they spent around 10years inside for what they did.

They should have had the same done to them....

And that's why this country is in such a mess. No justice or should I say in alot of cases the punishment hardly fits the crime!! :x

Thu Apr 05, 2012 4:16 pm

She should have been burned at the stake, like what happened to all witches back in the day!