Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Carls updates

Thu Apr 05, 2012 7:32 am

Are the updates starting to disrupt the team.i hope not cause we really dont need it at this time of the season.i really think its totally unprofessional you wouldnt see it at any other club.Players dont need their personnal stuff plastered all over a message board

Re: Carls updates

Thu Apr 05, 2012 7:33 am

keano wrote:Are the updates starting to disrupt the team.i hope not cause we really dont need it at this time of the season.i really think its totally unprofessional you wouldnt see it at any other club.Players dont need their personnal stuff plastered all over a message board

:lol:
Starting to upset the team, no players have been mentioned for the last 7 months, so I dont think Carl has upset the team.

I think you will find that on all football mb's fans each week slate individual players and just look on this one and the other one.

Thu Apr 05, 2012 7:38 am

Of cours they are yes.

He's inadvertently upset a player of the squad who may or may not have fallen out with the manager, Gerrard will be unhappy and will no doubt speak to other players/his mates in the squad and tell them whats happening and that someone in the club has been leaking stuff out about players.

Not only that, but thanks to someone at the club and carls update everyone now knows that Craig Conway is having personal problems.

What business it is of ours and why its being posted on here, to me is totaly baffling and I just dont understand it to be honest.

If I was Craig Conway I would be aboslutely fuming that his personal stuff and whatever he's going through has been posted in the public domain.

Thu Apr 05, 2012 7:38 am

Well it must be if players are tweeting about it they all read the board people shouldnt be leeking stuff about the club its rubbish.

Thu Apr 05, 2012 8:19 am

we were all asking why malky wasnt picking conway and questioning his tactics and selection, well now we know why conway has not been playing from the off..

but we give conway all the support he needs to overcome any personal issues he has...

i think the updates are great, i dont know carl personally only through the message board and u can look at the info provided and interpret it how you like, i fail to see anything negative in there... players use the internet/twitter to make all sorts of comments these days and we as the paying fans are entitled to our OPINIONS on what they do on and off the pitch as they are paid employees that we pay into...

on the message board in recent weeks we have all been asking why gerrard isnt on the bench, wheres conway, why isnt blake getting a run, earnie should be starting etc... well any of these players could be asking malky the same question and thats what could have lead to the falling out...

just remember every football club has a message board of some sort for the fans and the same things are talked about across all clubs..

so lets all get down the city on monday and give the club the good support and lift that we can...... :ayatollah:

Thu Apr 05, 2012 8:19 am

f**k me... Don't some of you have a life... These players are adults they don't have to read into everything for Christ sake.... Anyone can post something bad on the Internet it's all part of it...

The fact is Carl hasn't mentioned the players name apart from Conway who is obviously missing hairdressing and wants to go back to it.

At the end of they day gerrard is probably a thief cos he's a scouser...... :D
:ayatollah:

Thu Apr 05, 2012 8:34 am

Blackwood_Bluebird wrote:we were all asking why malky wasnt picking conway and questioning his tactics and selection, well now we know why conway has not been playing from the off..

but we give conway all the support he needs to overcome any personal issues he has...

i think the updates are great, i dont know carl personally only through the message board and u can look at the info provided and interpret it how you like, i fail to see anything negative in there... players use the internet/twitter to make all sorts of comments these days and we as the paying fans are entitled to our OPINIONS on what they do on and off the pitch as they are paid employees that we pay into...

on the message board in recent weeks we have all been asking why gerrard isnt on the bench, wheres conway, why isnt blake getting a run, earnie should be starting etc... well any of these players could be asking malky the same question and thats what could have lead to the falling out...

just remember every football club has a message board of some sort for the fans and the same things are talked about across all clubs..

so lets all get down the city on monday and give the club the good support and lift that we can...... :ayatollah:

First of all, im not having a go at Carl, he is a grown man and he can do what he wants and what he thinks is right.

I just dont happen to agree with him on this point, that said, I do on many others and as its all about opinions this is mine.

There is no way Conway has been dropped from the starting 11 to the bench because of the problems, that is pure tactical and if thats a reason given then it is lame cos if he's not mentaly ok for the starting 11 then he's not mentaly ready for the bench.

I will agree to disagree and will just say that I think that Players Personal lives should be kept off here, especialy when it has quite obviously been leaked from within.

If you cant see how that could cause annoyance within the squad then we clearly see things differently as in my opinion it will only lead to mistrust between everyone, the players with eachother, the players with the management and everybody with the fans.

Just imagine how you would feel if you had confided in a superior or a parent about some personal issues and then the next time you walked into the boozer the whole pub knew about it.

Of course, all this is irrelevant if Conway has expressed that he is happy for the fans to know that he is struggling in his personal life and if this is the case it renders my posts irrelevant.

Thu Apr 05, 2012 9:21 am

Here's my thoughts that I posted in another thread....

Or maybe those delicate little didums who kick a ball about for stupid amounts of money should just worry about scoring goals rather than what is being posted on the Internet. It's the old golden rule - put a shift in on the pitch and people will say good things about you.

If any footballer doesn't like it, they can always go and work for a living. The people who pay their wages earn £6 an hour and shell out large sums of that to watch a bit of football. The problem with players in general is they don't respect that. My message to any player is don't worry about what people write about you; simply worry about how you conduct yourself, put a shift in, and everything else will look after itself.

It amazing that in the world of football, the ones who play well and behave off the pitch never have shit said about them. Whilst you get other players who don't behave themselves, they don't perform on the pitch, yet they still want their 20 grand per week and they want people to say good things about them. When people say bad things, they jump on that and try to use that as an excuse for their poor performances. We saw on the tele last year or so - Wayne Pooney having a go at the England fans for booing them. What did he expect from people who'd spent an arm and a leg to get to South Africa only to have that pile of shit served up by a bunch of egotistical arseholes?

Thu Apr 05, 2012 9:27 am

Berwyn wrote:It amazing that in the world of football, the ones who play well and behave off the pitch never have shit said about them.

Has Craig Conway misbehaved off the pitch then? Is that what the personal problems Carl revealed were about?

Thu Apr 05, 2012 9:30 am

MillarFromTheHalfWayLine wrote:
Blackwood_Bluebird wrote:we were all asking why malky wasnt picking conway and questioning his tactics and selection, well now we know why conway has not been playing from the off..

First of all, im not having a go at Carl, he is a grown man and he can do what he wants and what he thinks is right.

I just dont happen to agree with him on this point, that said, I do on many others and as its all about opinions this is mine.

There is no way Conway has been dropped from the starting 11 to the bench because of the problems, that is pure tactical and if thats a reason given then it is lame cos if he's not mentaly ok for the starting 11 then he's not mentaly ready for the bench.

I will agree to disagree and will just say that I think that Players Personal lives should be kept off here, especialy when it has quite obviously been leaked from within.

If you cant see how that could cause annoyance within the squad then we clearly see things differently as in my opinion it will only lead to mistrust between everyone, the players with eachother, the players with the management and everybody with the fans.

Just imagine how you would feel if you had confided in a superior or a parent about some personal issues and then the next time you walked into the boozer the whole pub knew about it.

Of course, all this is irrelevant if Conway has expressed that he is happy for the fans to know that he is struggling in his personal life and if this is the case it renders my posts irrelevant.

fair point made :ayatollah:

Thu Apr 05, 2012 9:42 am

Just like another Scottish winger we had last season I seem to remember ..... he said he wanted away from Cardiff to be closer to his kids in Glasgow . Yeah allright Burkey Im sure Birmingham is that much closer :ayatollah: :lol: :ayatollah:

Thu Apr 05, 2012 10:38 am

MillarFromTheHalfWayLine wrote:

should make this post a topic in itself because i'd be really interested to see what response you get, on this topic it will be largely ignored, totally agree with all of it though :ayatollah:

Thu Apr 05, 2012 11:13 am

Agree with the original poster, totally unprofessional and lacks class. Don't know why he has to pretend he knows everything going on inside the club, makes him look rather stupid to be honest. Probarbly got fake Cardiff I.D badge and hangs around the stadium pretending he is a somebody

Thu Apr 05, 2012 11:34 am

tru-n-blu wrote:Agree with the original poster, totally unprofessional and lacks class. Don't know why he has to pretend he knows everything going on inside the club, makes him look rather stupid to be honest. Probarbly got fake Cardiff I.D badge and hangs around the stadium pretending he is a somebody

Hmm, let's see now, 7th post. It looks to me you are a person that has been hanging around this mb just waiting to pounce.

Thu Apr 05, 2012 11:38 am

tru-n-blu wrote:Agree with the original poster, totally unprofessional and lacks class. Don't know why he has to pretend he knows everything going on inside the club, makes him look rather stupid to be honest. Probarbly got fake Cardiff I.D badge and hangs around the stadium pretending he is a somebody

Does he pretend he knows anything? Or does he simply pass on what he's been told, presumably by people inside the club.

I don't think he needs to hang around thinking he's anything other than a season ticket holder to be fair. He hands over his hard earned and supports the club. Simples!

At least what he does write he does so under his own name, not a fake ID like you are doing.

Thu Apr 05, 2012 11:42 am

Quite a few people on all mb's need to take a good look at themselves and be honest.
What about our fans who have turned on Rudy/Miller etc etc and Malky's tactics etc etc Do you think they've been positive about them ?
Carl has been very positive in his update and honest with it, he has shown how Malky can work with players and sort things out and give them a chance.
Has everyone forget what was in the rest of the update ?

Thu Apr 05, 2012 11:56 am

Forever Blue wrote:Quite a few people on all mb's need to take a good look at themselves and be honest.
What about our fans who have turned on Rudy/Miller etc etc and Malky's tactics etc etc Do you think they've been positive about them ?
Carl has been very positive in his update and honest with it, he has shown how Malky can work with players and sort things out and give them a chance.
Has everyone forget what was in the rest of the update ?

But its not the rest of the update that is the problem , it is the private and personal bit.

As you know I will read (and often disagree) with a number of posts on here , but at least most of them are based on opinions about the club in general and so can be discussed and argued over.

But why the need to breach a personal confidence? Have no lessons been learned at all from the total cock-up with the posts over Steve McPhail`s cancer which caused such grief to him (especially as it was inaccurate).?

Thu Apr 05, 2012 12:21 pm

My personal opinion (If I may) is that ALL personal matters should not be leaked by anyone at the club. If a player wants something to be known about then fair enough, let him announce it in the way he sees fit?

I don't personally blame Carl for any of the info - he can post what he wants, when he wants but If I was either an unhappy Conway, or Malky then I would certainly be looking for the mole inside the club to stop the gossip. If this has a lasting effect on any future updates or gossip or rumours that Carl or anyone else can get hold of then that's tough!

You can't have people inside the club taking it upon their own liberties to release any info they receive from some one who has trust in them. This is not good.

Thu Apr 05, 2012 12:23 pm

I just re-read the post.

I assume Malky is ok with the information being released.

I like it, in fact I love it !

Malky is the governor of our club, no one is bigger than him. For a man who believes in the group, to be evicted like a pregnant meerkat is the ultimate punishment.

Thu Apr 05, 2012 12:35 pm

Carl can't seem to win.

If he posts no major details, people have a go saying he knows nothing.

If he then does give us details, but without naming individuals, that is wrong as well.

All I can say is, that I look forward to the updates and am very grateful for them. :ayatollah:

Thu Apr 05, 2012 12:37 pm

llan bluebird wrote:I just re-read the post.

I assume Malky is ok with the information being released.

I like it, in fact I love it !

Malky is the governor of our club, no one is bigger than him. For a man who believes in the group, to be evicted like a pregnant meerkat is the ultimate punishment.

f**k MalkY.

Malky works for me and at the moment he's not doing as good as he can.

There's a fecking update for ya?

Thu Apr 05, 2012 12:37 pm

Die Walkure wrote:Carl can't seem to win.

If he then does give us details, but without naming individuals, that is wrong as well.

All I can say is, that I look forward to the updates and am very grateful for them. :ayatollah:

I also thought the update was a positive one that could only really help the club :ayatollah:

Thu Apr 05, 2012 12:42 pm

I do read Carls posts, mainly for the football info and palyers that might be joining, what I dont want to read about is the private stuff regarding our players.
I did stay off this board for a while after the Mcphail incident as I was really annoyedand embarrassed to be a part of this message board, I had hoped that it would stop there, however, seems it hasnt.
There is a line wwhich shouldnt be crossed.
I do think that the mentioning of Conway should of been kept out of the update, I am not at all bothered about the other bit, MM falling out with a player as that goes on at all clubs .
Lets just respect peoples privacy, AND SUPPORT THE CLUB.

Thu Apr 05, 2012 12:50 pm

I think you are missing the point? We love the updates and the info usually NQAT! But what a lot of posters are saying, and in a sense myself as well, is just that the personal issues around players should be left off the boards, unless they are publicly approved by the said person/s? We don't need to know certain mentioned issues regarding the club do we.

However, I for one enjoy reading all the other aspects of Carl's information. But if I was a manager or player etc etc then I would still look to try to find the person leaking all this info? I suppose it depends on which side of the fence you are standing on? :ayatollah:

Thu Apr 05, 2012 1:14 pm

Merlin wrote:

I think you are missing the point? We love the updates and the info usually NQAT! But what a lot of posters are saying, and in a sense myself as well, is just that the personal issues around players should be left off the boards, unless they are publicly approved by the said person/s? We don't need to know certain mentioned issues regarding the club do we.

However, I for one enjoy reading all the other aspects of Carl's information. But if I was a manager or player etc etc then I would still look to try to find the person leaking all this info? I suppose it depends on which side of the fence you are standing on? :ayatollah:

Exactly! People are blaming Carl yet the person leaking the info gets no shit at all. Always the case though. There are people in the club all high and mighty yet ignoring the real sources. Maybe it's easier that way perhaps.

Thu Apr 05, 2012 4:57 pm

Berwyn wrote:
Merlin wrote:

Exactly! People are blaming Carl yet the person leaking the info gets no shit at all. Always the case though. There are people in the club all high and mighty yet ignoring the real sources. Maybe it's easier that way perhaps.

Leakers leak.

Carl has the choice to post what he hears or not.

Don't think the Conway stuff should have been posted.

Thu Apr 05, 2012 5:01 pm

Die Walkure wrote:

I also thought the update was a positive one that could only really help the club :ayatollah:

:ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Funny no one wants to talk about all the positives that were in Carl's latest update. :roll:

Thu Apr 05, 2012 5:01 pm

MillarFromTheHalfWayLine wrote:Of cours they are yes.

He's inadvertently upset a player of the squad who may or may not have fallen out with the manager, Gerrard will be unhappy and will no doubt speak to other players/his mates in the squad and tell them whats happening and that someone in the club has been leaking stuff out about players.

Not only that, but thanks to someone at the club and carls update everyone now knows that Craig Conway is having personal problems.

What business it is of ours and why its being posted on here, to me is totaly baffling and I just dont understand it to be honest.

If I was Craig Conway I would be aboslutely fuming that his personal stuff and whatever he's going through has been posted in the public domain.

One of the best posts I've seen in a while. Just like the Stephen McPhail update previously, it's caused more problems. I've said it before, one way or another, sections of our fans totally hold this club back.

Yes we'd all like to know as much as possible, but if it has a bad affect on the club, I'd rather not

Thu Apr 05, 2012 5:09 pm

Bluebird99 wrote:

One of the best posts I've seen in a while. Just like the Stephen McPhail update previously, it's caused more problems. I've said it before, one way or another, sections of our fans totally hold this club back.

Yes we'd all like to know as much as possible, but if it has a bad affect on the club, I'd rather not

What was actually said about Stephen Mcphail, other than GET WELL ? Which every paper has written about any way .

Carl has not once stated its Gerrard true or not ?

And who ever the player is everyone in the squad knows who it is anyway, so why would it upset the squad ?

Thu Apr 05, 2012 5:10 pm

Bluebird99 wrote:

Steve, I actually see where you are coming from, but I have to disagree - cant see how this will effect the way in which the team will approach, or play against boro on the weekend. I did put a post just now on the end of the actual update thread which read -
If you actually read the VERY SMALL paragraph about Conway, It simply highlights the positives about the situation too, think it outweighs the negative more also, Malky and club have helped a player to overcome a personal problem, surely that can only be a good thing? Carl has not mentioned the severity or indeed the personal issue itself, but has shown that when a club such as ours and our manager can come together in this way to keep a player happy and get him back playing what looked like some decent football in his last few appearances, it can only benefit both - win win situation. People who want to find fault with these updates - are usually the same people season after season post after post! Just read it how its presented - and get on with it, stop f*cking moaning. 3pts against Boro saturday and all this will be forgotten about.

talk about fickle!