Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Stadium announcements

Wed Apr 04, 2012 10:12 pm

Whilst sitting in the Canton watching the game against Millwall, it was announced over the tannoy that the attendance in association with the University of Glamorgan was so many thousand.Why is the attendance in association with anything other than fans turning up and putting their bums on seats. I have nothing against this University but surely the attendance is down to the fans and has no place being associated with anything else.I also noted that at the end of the match, the said University were not so fussed on being associated with our nil nil draw.

Re: Stadium announcements

Wed Apr 04, 2012 10:18 pm

Bluebird64 wrote:Whilst sitting in the Canton watching the game against Millwall, it was announced over the tannoy that the attendance in association with the University of Glamorgan was so many thousand.Why is the attendance in association with anything other than fans turning up and putting their bums on seats. I have nothing against this University but surely the attendance is down to the fans and has no place being associated with anything else.I also noted that at the end of the match, the said University were not so fussed on being associated with our nil nil draw.

I would assume it is some sort of sponsorship. Not really worth getting upset over!

Thu Apr 05, 2012 8:43 am

it is sponsorship agrrement the same as pro copy sponsor our man of the match

Thu Apr 05, 2012 9:14 am

University of Glamorgan? Is that Treforest Tech? :lol: Thank God I left school at 16 :ayatollah:

Thu Apr 05, 2012 7:07 pm

llangainbluebird wrote:University of Glamorgan? Is that Treforest Tech? :lol: Thank God I left school at 16 :ayatollah:

No its the University of Glamorgan in association with Treforest Tech. :lol:

Thu Apr 05, 2012 9:07 pm

thomas9990 wrote:it is sponsorship agrrement the same as pro copy sponsor our man of the match

I can understand sponsorship of a match ball or the man of the match award but to sponsor or associate my attendance with something is ridiculous. It just goes to show how much football is exploited.I personally do not want my attendance to be associated with anything other than the fact that we loyaly turn up as fans and support our team and this should not be manipulated for the purpose of corporate greed. Rant over.

Fri Apr 06, 2012 7:09 am

We should make sure we are sponsored by a university that can count....because there was no more than 16000 there that day.

Fri Apr 06, 2012 11:48 am

brick1964 wrote:We should make sure we are sponsored by a university that can count....because there was no more than 16000 there that day.

:lol:

Fri Apr 06, 2012 12:21 pm

brick1964 wrote:We should make sure we are sponsored by a university that can count....because there was no more than 16000 there that day.

Interesting you counted every single person there.

Besides, the attendance figure is the number of tickets sold, which includes STs, not the number going through the turnstiles.

Fri Apr 06, 2012 12:23 pm

Bluebird64 wrote:
thomas9990 wrote:it is sponsorship agrrement the same as pro copy sponsor our man of the match

I can understand sponsorship of a match ball or the man of the match award but to sponsor or associate my attendance with something is ridiculous. It just goes to show how much football is exploited.I personally do not want my attendance to be associated with anything other than the fact that we loyaly turn up as fans and support our team and this should not be manipulated for the purpose of corporate greed. Rant over.

Maybe you should tell the Malaysians bankrolling us each month that additional income, however small, isn't welcome.

Hardly a rantworthy topic.

Sat Apr 07, 2012 2:19 am

I'm sure Ali's Welsh first policy antagonises many. It is annoying hearing Welsh first when everyone can speak English. What concerns me is that if there was an emergency and the stadium had to be evacuated would Ali still insist on giving the Welsh first for the 0% of people present who can speak Welsh but not English?

StT.

Sat Apr 07, 2012 2:29 am

Steve the Tea TM (c) wrote:I'm sure Ali's Welsh first policy antagonises many. It is annoying hearing Welsh first when everyone can speak English. What concerns me is that if there was an emergency and the stadium had to be evacuated would Ali still insist on giving the Welsh first for the 0% of people present who can speak Welsh but not English?

StT.

I'm there most games, and I speak Welsh, so it's not 0%.

And by the way, I don't really agree with this whole Welsh first thing.

Sat Apr 07, 2012 8:53 am

Cwmann_Bluebird wrote:
Steve the Tea TM (c) wrote:I'm sure Ali's Welsh first policy antagonises many. It is annoying hearing Welsh first when everyone can speak English. What concerns me is that if there was an emergency and the stadium had to be evacuated would Ali still insist on giving the Welsh first for the 0% of people present who can speak Welsh but not English?

StT.

" 0% of people present who can speak Welsh [/b]but not English?" As you can write in English, I presume you can speak English, so it is 0%.

Sat Apr 07, 2012 1:41 pm

Bluebird64 wrote:
Cwmann_Bluebird wrote:

StT.

" 0% of people present who can speak Welsh [/b]but not English?" As you can write in English, I presume you can speak English, so it is 0%.

Just read it again, sorry! :oops: :lol: