Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

COULD THIS SOLVE OUR STRIKER CRISIS????

Wed Apr 04, 2012 9:17 pm

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/17596058

We have been linked with him in the past, however he hasnt made a great impact where he has been. this season he has been playing regularly and scoring goals for fun.. is league one is level or would he be just as good in the championship if he was played more...

31 goals this season and although didnt score that many last yr, was brought back into the team later in the season to finish top scorer despite being relegated..

this summer he will be out of contract and could be a useful addition for free....

thoughts??

Re: COULD THIS SOLVE OUR STRIKER CRISIS????

Wed Apr 04, 2012 9:20 pm

Isn't he currently on bail from a rape charge back in North Wales?

Not sure that's the sort of character we want in our dressing room...

Wed Apr 04, 2012 9:20 pm

would be a very good buy for us especially if he is on a free, I think he can do a job for us and i think he could be a 10-15 goals striker as well. :D :ayatollah:

Wed Apr 04, 2012 9:21 pm

I think he'd be pretty good in this league, depending on the service, and strike parners etc..

He's matured a lot now though. As he's got older he's scored more goals and I can see more to come from him. If the Blades dont go up I'd like to see him here

Wed Apr 04, 2012 9:24 pm

Aramore wrote:Isn't he currently on bail from a rape charge back in North Wales?

Not sure that's the sort of character we want in our dressing room...

i wasnt aware of that! there is a pending court case in april for him and clayton macdonald over a hotel rape charge...

still dont think he would be the sort of player to upset the dressing room though...

Wed Apr 04, 2012 9:33 pm

A no from me.

Wed Apr 04, 2012 9:34 pm

2blue2handle wrote:A no from me.

any reason 2 blue? or just not a fan of the guy?

Wed Apr 04, 2012 9:48 pm

People will say No because of his record at this level but people forget the midfield we got and the service WE could provide for him. :ayatollah:

Thu Apr 05, 2012 2:06 pm

Blackwood_Bluebird wrote:http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/17596058

We have been linked with him in the past, however he hasnt made a great impact where he has been. this season he has been playing regularly and scoring goals for fun.. is league one is level or would he be just as good in the championship if he was played more...

31 goals this season and although didnt score that many last yr, was brought back into the team later in the season to finish top scorer despite being relegated..

this summer he will be out of contract and could be a useful addition for free....

thoughts??

Depending on the court case I think he could be a very good signing. I am sure we could offer him a good deal too if his contract is up at the end of the season :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Apr 05, 2012 2:19 pm

Can't we just make the goal bigger

Thu Apr 05, 2012 4:34 pm

Blackwood_Bluebird wrote:
2blue2handle wrote:A no from me.

any reason 2 blue? or just not a fan of the guy?

Just not a huge fan, liked him when he played for Wales U21 but never really made the step up after that.
For our current team he lacks the pace we need upfront

Thu Apr 05, 2012 5:25 pm

Canton stand baz wrote:Can't we just make the goal bigger

:lol: :lol: :lol: :ayatollah:

Thu Apr 05, 2012 8:29 pm

Would'nt pass Malky's vetting scheme.

Thu Apr 05, 2012 8:38 pm

Our Malaysian Millionaires (or is it billionaires?) should throw some money to get big-rising names such as Fernando Llorente, maybe Neymar....why not Messi while they're at it. Ahh well wishful thinking, I can dream though right :lol: :ayatollah: .