Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

WEEKEND FIXTURES!

Wed Apr 04, 2012 8:54 pm

havnt thought about this much, but only just realised that some championship games are being played on friday and some saturday.

i note that watford have a home time with blackpool on fri and we have to travel to boro on saturday... further travelling and then return with only sunday to recover before mondays game... watford will have had an extra days rest. which i believe is quite crucial at this time of the season. reading and brighton also play friday, but then dont have a game until tuesday!!!

thoughts?

Re: WEEKEND FIXTURES!

Wed Apr 04, 2012 9:37 pm

This got posted last week.
It's one of those fixture cock ups, potentially yeah Watford have a longer break but keep the faith mate :ayatollah:

Swings n roundabouts I guess

But ultimately they should all be played at the same time.

After the Norwich scenario last season I moaned about teams having a bigger break than others.

Six games in, maybe ok, last 3 or 4 games should all be at same time but without looking I bet they're not.

Wed Apr 04, 2012 9:41 pm

LutonBluebird wrote:This got posted last week.
It's one of those fixture cock ups, potentially yeah Watford have a longer break but keep the faith mate :ayatollah:

After the Norwich scenario last season I moaned about teams having a bigger break than others.

Six games in, maybe ok, last 3 or 4 games should all be at same time but without looking I bet they're not.

just cant help feel that our players are shagged now and watford home could be the crucial game in the remaining fixtures!

Wed Apr 04, 2012 9:42 pm

Blackwood_Bluebird wrote:

just cant help feel that our players are shagged now and watford home could be the crucial game in the remaining fixtures!

All the homes are a must win and if we can pick up a few pts on the road we can easily sneak into the top six. :ayatollah:

Wed Apr 04, 2012 9:48 pm

LutonBluebird wrote:
Blackwood_Bluebird wrote:

All the homes are a must win and if we can pick up a few pts on the road we can easily sneak into the top six. :ayatollah:

agree, with a lot of teams around us all playing each other, i honestly believe we can still afford to lose 1 more game.. 3 wins 2 draws would be great. any more than that even better.