Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

End of the tax year 5th April

Wed Apr 04, 2012 8:20 pm

As a lot of you know it's the end of the tax year tomoro ( better than Christmas lol ) just wondering if there is any 1 on here that knows the ins and outs and has any tips on getting the most tax rebate possible ? I'm a self empolyed carpenter , some 1 said that I could claim 40% of the value of my laptop I bought this year is that true? Do I put my lattop value in to my Capitol gains figure ? And what's the deal with a contract phone if it's not used 100%for work?
Any help would be appreciated ,thanks

Re: End of the tax year 5th April

Wed Apr 04, 2012 8:22 pm

''use of home'' figure is always a good one.. £10per week... (for storage of tools, where you do your paperwork etc) :ayatollah:

Wed Apr 04, 2012 8:30 pm

cmorris1927 wrote:''use of home'' figure is always a good one.. £10per week... (for storage of tools, where you do your paperwork etc) :ayatollah:

Anything more than £3 per week, HMRC generally want to see separate utility bills, phone bills for the area you're using, which has to be an area used only for that purpose...

Wed Apr 04, 2012 8:45 pm

I've never been investigated in the 8 years I've been self employed and never want too. Any tips on what they look for to open an investergation on you?

Wed Apr 04, 2012 8:46 pm

Try and get yourself a decent accountant pretty sharpish mate who knows the way around these things :ayatollah:
There must be someone on here looking for work surely :ayatollah:

Wed Apr 04, 2012 9:13 pm

Bowmonster wrote:Try and get yourself a decent accountant pretty sharpish mate who knows the way around these things :ayatollah:
There must be someone on here looking for work surely :ayatollah:

Cracking accountant in Pontyclun, Tony Pleace and a massive City fan :ayatollah:

Wed Apr 04, 2012 9:16 pm

nerd wrote:
cmorris1927 wrote:''use of home'' figure is always a good one.. £10per week... (for storage of tools, where you do your paperwork etc) :ayatollah:

Anything more than £3 per week, HMRC generally want to see separate utility bills, phone bills for the area you're using, which has to be an area used only for that purpose...

be on the safe side and claim £5 a week then... :ayatollah: