Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: " WEDNESDAY APRIL 4th 2012 UPDATE "

Fri Apr 06, 2012 11:44 am

the other Bob Wilson wrote:
carlccfc wrote:Paul, I have taken on board everyone's responses and if I may defend my decision on posting what I did when I did before we determine whether it was right or wrong.

I was trying to at least point out that if a player of ours has a problem then he can approach the manager and deal with any issues they may have.

It weren't done as a sensational expose on any of our players, otherwise I would have gone about it very differently.

We have had players in the past take the piss and literally go on the piss before crunch games and that is inexcusable.

This situation is nothing of that nature.

It is certainly not my right to announce anybody's personal problem and that is the reason I did not write about the exact issue.

Regarding the player having a fall out with the manager, well let's be honest I think we all realise this happens at most football clubs and is not unique to us, so therefore I cannot see how what I wrote is either damaging or destabilising. I actually agree with how the manager has gone about dealing with it thus far.

Judging by the reaction of course I have had to rethink what I write about and when I write it but it was not done to 'spice up' an update or anything along those lines. It was done with the intention of giving support and that is the truth.

There have been times this season when I could have wrote about situations that would be deemed damaging or destabilising but as you have noted yourself previously the updates have changed from previous years and they are for the better.

I did think long and hard before I posted certain pieces of the update and I hope you accept that it was not written with any malice or 'I know things that you didn't'.

I agree with much of what you say Carl. For example, you are right to say that fall outs happen at every club - if any manager gets every player in his squad saying how great he is, it probably proves he is not doing much of a job!

I don't believe you posted what you did about Craig Conway with any malice either, but you could have easily got over the positive tone you were trying to convey without naming the player. I agree Malky Mackay and the club deserve praise for the way they seem to have handled the matter - I just don't see why the story couldn't have referred to another unnamed player.

As I said previously Paul, I have had to rethink how and when I write stuff on here. I am not a journalist but I do understand that much of what I write is taken and dissected, sometimes to the point that people will say I said one thing when in fact I said something else, prime example mrbluejay who insists that I posted much more information than is currently seen right now, that is a lie and downright stirring, I will take flak all day long for what I post and I am not up my own arse to think 'stuff them I will carry on regardless', if poeple criticise then I will take it on board and change what I do, if necessary, the next time.

I appreciate that some people have a genuine grievance with what I wrote but I think others will recognise that some are just having a go at who wrote something rather than what was written. That will never change but knock and criticise me for what I wrote but when the lies and twisting of words come into play that is when it gets out of order for me.

Fri Apr 06, 2012 11:47 am

the other Bob Wilson wrote:
carlccfc wrote:Paul, I have taken on board everyone's responses and if I may defend my decision on posting what I did when I did before we determine whether it was right or wrong.

I was trying to at least point out that if a player of ours has a problem then he can approach the manager and deal with any issues they may have.

It weren't done as a sensational expose on any of our players, otherwise I would have gone about it very differently.

We have had players in the past take the piss and literally go on the piss before crunch games and that is inexcusable.

This situation is nothing of that nature.

It is certainly not my right to announce anybody's personal problem and that is the reason I did not write about the exact issue.

Regarding the player having a fall out with the manager, well let's be honest I think we all realise this happens at most football clubs and is not unique to us, so therefore I cannot see how what I wrote is either damaging or destabilising. I actually agree with how the manager has gone about dealing with it thus far.

Judging by the reaction of course I have had to rethink what I write about and when I write it but it was not done to 'spice up' an update or anything along those lines. It was done with the intention of giving support and that is the truth.

There have been times this season when I could have wrote about situations that would be deemed damaging or destabilising but as you have noted yourself previously the updates have changed from previous years and they are for the better.

I did think long and hard before I posted certain pieces of the update and I hope you accept that it was not written with any malice or 'I know things that you didn't'.

I agree with much of what you say Carl. For example, you are right to say that fall outs happen at every club - if any manager gets every player in his squad saying how great he is, it probably proves he is not doing much of a job!

I don't believe you posted what you did about Craig Conway with any malice either, but you could have easily got over the positive tone you were trying to convey without naming the player. I agree Malky Mackay and the club deserve praise for the way they seem to have handled the matter - I just don't see why the story couldn't have referred to another unnamed player.

On the other hand Paul, many will say don't say anything at all.

Like when I did not name the player who has had a fall out, I am accused of creating a thread of speculation and that is damaging.

Again the point is to show that this manager of ours will not put up with egos.

Fri Apr 06, 2012 12:28 pm

Carl,
I don't see why you have to defend yourself in such a manner, the majority of us know what you were trying to say, and see no reason why you should have to defend yourself to some of the mischief makers on here, some people have asked genuine questions and have had answers, and left it at that, but others have not left it, why what are they trying to prove.

I for one look forward to your updates as soon as Annis says they are coming up, Fter 57 years it's good to have regular good news on the clubs future,sometimes it may not come to fruition, but that's better than no news at all.

I wrote previously that before message boards the only way to communicate with the club was by letter, and usually it was the same old answer " Thank you for your letter, we will take your views into consideration", and that was all.

Keep up the good work Carl, hang in there and stay strong.

Fri Apr 06, 2012 1:15 pm

EL JEFE wrote:Carl,
I don't see why you have to defend yourself in such a manner, the majority of us know what you were trying to say, and see no reason why you should have to defend yourself to some of the mischief makers on here, some people have asked genuine questions and have had answers, and left it at that, but others have not left it, why what are they trying to prove.

I for one look forward to your updates as soon as Annis says they are coming up, Fter 57 years it's good to have regular good news on the clubs future,sometimes it may not come to fruition, but that's better than no news at all.

I wrote previously that before message boards the only way to communicate with the club was by letter, and usually it was the same old answer " Thank you for your letter, we will take your views into consideration", and that was all.

Well said and spot on, Carl should not have to keep defending himself because people like to twist what he has said and some even rewrite it on other mb's. :roll:

Fri Apr 06, 2012 1:20 pm

EL JEFE wrote:Carl,

Thank you Jeff, I know the updates wont please everyone and criticism is part and parcel but I have to reply to the criticism I feel otherwise there is no point of debate.

:ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Apr 06, 2012 4:21 pm

Hope its Liam Lawrence !

Sat Apr 07, 2012 12:05 am

Take Note - Whenever we play Boro or have just played them....Carls updates will always have us talking....

Remember last season "Drink Gate" ;)