Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: " WEDNESDAY APRIL 4th 2012 UPDATE "

Thu Apr 05, 2012 6:20 pm

I think it's sad that such a positive update has been seen by some as so negative. The thing is that the majority of replies on this thread are actually concerned with only 2 items covered in the update, Why?

I always respect peoples right to their opinions but I do wish that people would at least recognise that there is so much fantastic news for our club. Be it the excellent ST sales, or the moves to make more seats available in the Family Stand, the addition of another first team coach, 4 additional coaches within the academy, news on the intention to settle the Langstone and PMG debts, news on converting current debts to equity in the club and not forgetting the fantastic news on the £6k raised for the Young Guns. All of this is hardly getting a mention and I think Carl is due a big thank you from us all for his excellent contribution is keeping us informed of going ons at our club.

As for the fallout between MM and a players well I was told weeks ago afterthe Ipswich game that a player was subbed for clearly showing dissent to MM during the game. MM said at the start of the season that ALL players had been told to park their ego's at the door. Well the player I was told had the disagreement, and there has been a very serious disagreement between the two, has past form for this. Few of us would disagree that MM has done a fantastic job of bringing a togetherness in our squad and no single player can be allowed to affect that. Even though I had been told about this before last nights update I have complete respect for Carl for not naming the player, we will all find out who itis come the end of the season and I look forward to hearing the full story. This whole thing reminds me of the Chopra situation last season when again Carl was the subject of some terrible critism on this board. Have we all forgotten that he was 100% right on that occasion and when the truth comes out we will find out he is right on this occasion to.

In my opinion the most positive item in the update is the Craig Conway situation. Positive because Craig hasasked for support and positive because MM is giving that support. Carl has not mentioned what the problems are, others have decided to elaborate, but what Carl has confirmed is that the culture within the squad is to ask for help and the culture within the management is to give that help.

What a change from the recent past where I always thought there was a passive acceptance of all sorts of behaviourand lifestyle issues, no longer I think, and as fans we should be extremely happy with the news that at last we have an open, honest and above all else transparent style of management. I have no doubt we will see the benefit of this in the future.

The fact that others have seen fit to speculate on what the issue is with Craig Conway speaks volumes about them and in my opinion Carl has nothing to answer for here. As for Craig Conway I say well done son, whatever the problem, the fact you have asked for help to overcome it makes you a top bloke in my opinion.

As for this update in my opinion it is one of Carl's very best and I for one cannot wait for news on the players who will be leaving this summer, which players we are targeting and of course news on the Langstone and PMG situations.

Keep up the good work Carl.

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Apr 05, 2012 6:23 pm

Cheers guys think i'm gonna cry ! :lol:
:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Apr 05, 2012 6:35 pm

Great Update.

Not sure why the backlash but I suppose everyone is entitled to their opinion. They'd soon moan though if the updates dried up. I'm sure Carl could do without the grief. We all want snippets and titbits of what's going on at our club... we chat in pubs like gossiping girls but as soon as someone puts something on the messageboard some people overreact. :roll:

Thu Apr 05, 2012 6:40 pm

Cheers guys think i'm gonna cry ! :lol:
:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Apr 05, 2012 6:40 pm

Yes Merlin your missing the point again because the word personal was in there.
So my argument still stands .
On a lighter note ( and if you want some good news ) I have just become a Dad! :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Apr 05, 2012 7:03 pm

I appreciate the updates. I am not sure if Carl is a freelance journalist/columnist and how much information is designed to be leaked.

As for damaging team moral, I believe this is designed by the source of the information to have a positive influence on the group. Probably Conways issues are being dealt with and needed to come out sooner rather than later and the revelation of a bust up with a player and Malky have you thought the group may want rid of that influence ?

As long as he is not making this up (I don't think so) then carry on mate. :thumbup:

Thu Apr 05, 2012 7:11 pm

i thought the update was very positive .if i followed ccfc i,d be happy .read my earlier post.a bloke with more brains than me once told me when i was speculating on something written in a book.read the ink not the gaps .what that means is read whats there and don,t read between the lines.carl has wrote very little really and its been added to,twisted and bent out of shape.anyway you lads have a team that is two points away from a position you would have killed for in august so get behind your team and put this to bed :ayatollah:

Thu Apr 05, 2012 9:28 pm

All good news regarding the Maylasians!
Nice to see the fans only concentrate on the Fall put situation. Our fans need to grow up, idiots. :roll: :ayatollah:

Thu Apr 05, 2012 9:41 pm

Merlin wrote:
Whitchurchbluebird wrote:Merlin your totally missing the point!
Form Carls post "Craig Conway has personal issues" please tell me the definition of personal???
I do think it's great if Malky is helping him through them and if he can he should! I just commented on my thoughts on something that was personal bring made public.
I am a fan of the updates.

As for this Carl can't win bollix? If you want to set your self up as the people leader and want the prays when you get something right you gota take the shit
When you don't! Is this case he got it wrong.

Just so you know I am pony a member of this site.

this is the paragraph Carl used -

Craig Conway recently told Malky of some personal issues that he has been dealing with and Malky is big on honesty and respect, he demands that from his players, as a result Malky and the club are working with Conway to overcome his problems and Conway is currently working to get his place back in the squad.

now if that had read -

Craig Conway recently told Malky of some issues that he has been dealing with and Malky is big on honesty and respect, he demands that from his players, as a result Malky and the club are working with Conway to overcome his problems and Conway is currently working to get his place back in the squad.

Would there be such a big deal? :old:

That is not how the original post was written, it was very explicit as to the nature of the issues. Very poor form.

Thu Apr 05, 2012 9:52 pm

milly44 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:Tell whats very funny, Carl has posted a lot of good info regarding our future etc, yet no one wants to talk about that. Hmm :roll:

Annis surely you realised when the update was put out what the main points of debate would be?

Nathan, Remember when you put out Chopra was in Newcastle gambling, but Jones said he was not he was training in Barnsley that day.

Thu Apr 05, 2012 9:54 pm

mrbluejay wrote:
Merlin wrote:
Form Carls post "Craig Conway has personal issues" please tell me the definition of personal???
I do think it's great if Malky is helping him through them and if he can he should! I just commented on my thoughts on something that was personal bring made public.

As for this Carl can't win bollix? If you want to set your self up as the people leader and want the prays when you get something right you gota take the shit

Craig Conway recently told Malky of some personal issues that he has been dealing with and Malky is big on honesty and respect, he demands that from his players, as a result Malky and the club are working with Conway to overcome his problems and Conway is currently working to get his place back in the squad.

now if that had read -

Craig Conway recently told Malky of some issues that he has been dealing with and Malky is big on honesty and respect, he demands that from his players, as a result Malky and the club are working with Conway to overcome his problems and Conway is currently working to get his place back in the squad.

That is not how the original post was written, it was very explicit as to the nature of the issues. Very poor form.

Carls update is exactly the same as when he originally put it out, not one word changed. :ayatollah:

Thu Apr 05, 2012 10:08 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
mrbluejay wrote:
Merlin wrote:

now if that had read -

Carls update is exactly the same as when he originally put it out, not one word changed. :ayatollah:

Thats not true, it said exactly what the issue was. We both know that.

Thu Apr 05, 2012 10:13 pm

mrbluejay wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
mrbluejay wrote:
Merlin wrote:

now if that had read -

Are you serious, not once did Carl say it, not once, you can even ask Keith Since 62 who is not a fan of Carls he will tell you.
Its exactly word for word and that is 100%.

Thu Apr 05, 2012 10:15 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
mrbluejay wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
mrbluejay wrote:
Merlin wrote:

now if that had read -

Are you serious, not once did Carl say it, not once, you can even ask Keith Since 62 who is not a fan of Carls he will tell you.

I am 100% serious, I saw it and took a screen capture. It said where he was seen, thus what his issue was. Don't insult my intelligence suggesting otherwise.

Thu Apr 05, 2012 10:22 pm

Its exactly word for word and that is 100%.[/quote]

I am 100% serious, I saw it and took a screen capture. It said where he was seen, thus what his issue was. Don't insult my intelligence suggesting otherwise.[/quote]

And dont call me a liar, please then put up what you have taken and show me.

Carls update is word for word exactly how he put it out and he stands by it.

IVE JUST SEEN WHAT YOUR UP TO, YOUR POSTING ON THE OTHER MB TOTAL LIES/STIRRING AND SAYING THE ORIGINAL UPDATE HAS GONE, YOU SAD LYING PERSON. :roll: :roll: :roll:

Another poster put up what they thought was his personal problem, that was deleted but not by me, but it was NEVER EVER SAID By Carl. You really are twisting the update and lying. Very very sad person you are.

Thu Apr 05, 2012 10:44 pm

Carls update is exactly the same as when he originally put it out, not one word changed. :ayatollah:[/quote]

Thats not true, it said exactly what the issue was. We both know that.[/quote]

Its exactly word for word and that is 100%.[/quote]

I am 100% serious, I saw it and took a screen capture. It said where he was seen, thus what his issue was. Don't insult my intelligence suggesting otherwise.[/quote]
your wrong mate.nothing,s changed from the original statement

Thu Apr 05, 2012 10:45 pm

Forever Blue wrote:Tell whats very funny, Carl has posted a lot of good info regarding our future etc, yet no one wants to talk about that. Hmm :roll:

Amid the usual rumours,conjecture,paper talk,etc it is a fair point to say Carl's info regarding the going ons at Cardiff City is quite accurate and is a strong source of feedback for us fans , and yes for whatever reason some information does go a little wry but i would like to know of somebody else on here who has been more accurate with whats happening at the C C S and i for one look forward to any info passed on . :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Apr 05, 2012 10:48 pm

T-G-I-ROBINFRIDAY wrote:

Amid the usual rumours,conjecture,paper talk,etc it is a fair point to say Carl's info regarding the going ons at Cardiff City is quite accurate and is a strong source of feedback for us fans , and yes for whatever reason some information does go a little wry but i would like to know of somebody else on here who has been more accurate with whats happening at the C C S and i for one look forward to any info passed on . :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Carl, earlier this week(Monday evening) said there were no injury problems and squad was all healthy, its in Fridays papers now, but guess what hardly anyone replied to Carl. :roll:

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=76275 :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Apr 06, 2012 12:39 am

I thought it was a good update, lots to think about.

The unrest with one player is nothing big, happens at every club and If true like Carl has said it has no impact on the team or squad as its already happened. Gerrard worrying because of twisted works from others, doubt he will care when eating his porridge.

I'll be honest while I don't think Carl meant any harm with the Conway info it doesn't sit comfortably with me personally, it's not something I need to know. It should be for Conway or MM to release at the correct time. Not a dig at Carl but my honest opinion on the matter.

Now onwards to a win at boro

Fri Apr 06, 2012 4:57 am

castleblue wrote:I think it's sad that such a positive update has been seen by some as so negative. The thing is that the majority of replies on this thread are actually concerned with only 2 items covered in the update, Why?

I always respect peoples right to their opinions but I do wish that people would at least recognise that there is so much fantastic news for our club. Be it the excellent ST sales, or the moves to make more seats available in the Family Stand, the addition of another first team coach, 4 additional coaches within the academy, news on the intention to settle the Langstone and PMG debts, news on converting current debts to equity in the club and not forgetting the fantastic news on the £6k raised for the Young Guns. All of this is hardly getting a mention and I think Carl is due a big thank you from us all for his excellent contribution is keeping us informed of going ons at our club.

As for the fallout between MM and a players well I was told weeks ago afterthe Ipswich game that a player was subbed for clearly showing dissent to MM during the game. MM said at the start of the season that ALL players had been told to park their ego's at the door. Well the player I was told had the disagreement, and there has been a very serious disagreement between the two, has past form for this. Few of us would disagree that MM has done a fantastic job of bringing a togetherness in our squad and no single player can be allowed to affect that. Even though I had been told about this before last nights update I have complete respect for Carl for not naming the player, we will all find out who itis come the end of the season and I look forward to hearing the full story. This whole thing reminds me of the Chopra situation last season when again Carl was the subject of some terrible critism on this board. Have we all forgotten that he was 100% right on that occasion and when the truth comes out we will find out he is right on this occasion to.

In my opinion the most positive item in the update is the Craig Conway situation. Positive because Craig hasasked for support and positive because MM is giving that support. Carl has not mentioned what the problems are, others have decided to elaborate, but what Carl has confirmed is that the culture within the squad is to ask for help and the culture within the management is to give that help.

What a change from the recent past where I always thought there was a passive acceptance of all sorts of behaviourand lifestyle issues, no longer I think, and as fans we should be extremely happy with the news that at last we have an open, honest and above all else transparent style of management. I have no doubt we will see the benefit of this in the future.

The fact that others have seen fit to speculate on what the issue is with Craig Conway speaks volumes about them and in my opinion Carl has nothing to answer for here. As for Craig Conway I say well done son, whatever the problem, the fact you have asked for help to overcome it makes you a top bloke in my opinion.

As for this update in my opinion it is one of Carl's very best and I for one cannot wait for news on the players who will be leaving this summer, which players we are targeting and of course news on the Langstone and PMG situations.

That's all well and good, but, the reason people have centred in on the Craig Conway issue is, in my view, a very simple one. Unless the individual concerned has requested that the fact he's had "personal problems" be put into the public domain, then Carl had no right to make reference to them. Now, I'm assuming that the lack of a confirmation that Craig Conway made such a request from Carl in the day and a half since the original message was posted means that he did not give permission for such information to be published and, if that is the case, then I find the naming of the player concerned inexcusable - especially when you consider that a decision was taken not to name the other player referred to in the message.

Furthermore, the question has to be asked as to whether the person who posted what they had been told Conway's "personal problems" were would have done so without the "prompt" that Carl gave them by naming the player. As far as I'm aware, there had been no revelation about the nature of those problems from that person previously, so there has to be a good chance that they wouldn't have said what they did on Wednesday night if it had not been for Carl's update.

Fri Apr 06, 2012 7:58 am

I agree that Carl's update contained a lot of positive info re the debt and the potential for more money to be made available to Malky in the summer. Hopefully he will put a lot of it towards some creative/attacking players.

That said, I also agree with I think are the majority of the people in respect of the CC issue and the unamed player.

On the CC issue, I agree with a lot of others that if CC wanted his leaked to try and explain his absence from the starting 11 then fair enough. My guess, and it's only a guess, is that this wasn't the case though as I presume that it would have been mentionned in the update. I appreciate that Carl did no say what the personal problem was, that was brought into the mix by another poster. Their post may or may not be true, but on balance I don't agree with Carl flagging up that CC had "personal issues" as it does open the door to speculaton. I think most of us are of the view that if we were suffering from "personal issues" we would want them kept in house, only telling those people close to us. If I'm suffering from "personal issues" I don't update my facebook to tell the world that I have "personal issues." They are my issues, they are personal issues and not public issues. I see that the update says that Malky and CC are sorting them out and that does show a good togetherness at the Club, but I don't think this was really an issue for public discussion. I presume Carl was just trying to give us a reason why CC has not been in the starting 11 given that there has been a lot of clamour recently for him to be starting and questions asked as to why he hasn't made the squad.

On the unnamed player issue, this takes me back to the end of last season. Again, this opens the door to speculation. I take the point that if this info is correct, the squad will know about it and so it won't unsettle the squad as such. I think the flip side of this is that it does open the door to the wrong player being identified and a lot of incorrect speculation.

Fri Apr 06, 2012 8:19 am

Jonesy99 wrote:I agree that Carl's update contained a lot of positive info re the debt and the potential for more money to be made available to Malky in the summer. Hopefully he will put a lot of it towards some creative/attacking players.

That said, I also agree with I think are the majority of the people in respect of the CC issue and the unamed player.

On the CC issue, I agree with a lot of others that if CC wanted his leaked to try and explain his absence from the starting 11 then fair enough. My guess, and it's only a guess, is that this wasn't the case though as I presume that it would have been mentionned in the update. I appreciate that Carl did no say what the personal problem was, that was brought into the mix by another poster. Their post may or may not be true, but on balance I don't agree with Carl flagging up that CC had "personal issues" as it does open the door to speculaton. I think most of us are of the view that if we were suffering from "personal issues" we would want them kept in house, only telling those people close to us. If I'm suffering from "personal issues" I don't update my facebook to tell the world that I have "personal issues." They are my issues, they are personal issues and not public issues. I see that the update says that Malky and CC are sorting them out and that does show a good togetherness at the Club, but I don't think this was really an issue for public discussion. I presume Carl was just trying to give us a reason why CC has not been in the starting 11 given that there has been a lot of clamour recently for him to be starting and questions asked as to why he hasn't made the squad.

On the unnamed player issue, this takes me back to the end of last season. Again, this opens the door to speculation. I take the point that if this info is correct, the squad will know about it and so it won't unsettle the squad as such. I think the flip side of this is that it does open the door to the wrong player being identified and a lot of incorrect speculation.

Carl, Was trying to give the reason why he had not been in the starting line up lately as some fans were slating Malky for it and others were coming up with many different reasons, also he wanted to show Malky can sort things out and work with players. :ayatollah:

Fri Apr 06, 2012 8:24 am

the other Bob Wilson wrote:
castleblue wrote:I think it's sad that such a positive update has been seen by some as so negative. The thing is that the majority of replies on this thread are actually concerned with only 2 items covered in the update, Why?

That's all well and good, but, the reason people have centred in on the Craig Conway issue is, in my view, a very simple one. Unless the individual concerned has requested that the fact he's had "personal problems" be put into the public domain, then Carl had no right to make reference to them. Now, I'm assuming that the lack of a confirmation that Craig Conway made such a request from Carl in the day and a half since the original message was posted means that he did not give permission for such information to be published and, if that is the case, then I find the naming of the player concerned inexcusable - especially when you consider that a decision was taken not to name the other player referred to in the message.

Furthermore, the question has to be asked as to whether the person who posted what they had been told Conway's "personal problems" were would have done so without the "prompt" that Carl gave them by naming the player. As far as I'm aware, there had been no revelation about the nature of those problems from that person previously, so there has to be a good chance that they wouldn't have said what they did on Wednesday night if it had not been for Carl's update.

I think your reply sums the situation up perfectly in that people have different views on the rights and wrong of most questions, it's what makes us individuals. If it's your opinion that Carl was wrong then I, as I'm sure Carl will, respect your view that he should not have mention Craig by name.

Having said that my opinion, which I hope you also respect, is that in expressing your disagreement have chosen to describe the reference to CC by name as inexcusable, which by definition is impossible to excuse or justify and unpardonable behaviour. In my opinion that is an extremely strong description of the point relating to CC in this update.

In my opinion at worst what Carl wrote about CC was illadvised but well short of unjustifyable or unpardonable, in fact the best part of this, again in my opinion, is that CC has asked for help and is getting it and given the number of questions raised on this messageboard almost everyday as to the reasons why he hasn't been playing makes the matter justifiable.

Nothing for Carl to seek forgiveness or any pardon for in my opinion. I also firmly believe that the update was one of the most positive I have read on this board. In my opinion of course.

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Apr 06, 2012 8:48 am

castleblue wrote:
I think your reply sums the situation up perfectly in that people have different views on the rights and wrong of most questions, it's what makes us individuals. If it's your opinion that Carl was wrong then I, as I'm sure Carl will, respect your view that he should not have mention Craig by name.

Having said that my opinion, which I hope you also respect, is that in expressing your disagreement have chosen to describe the reference to CC by name as inexcusable, which by definition is impossible to excuse or justify and unpardonable behaviour. In my opinion that is an extremely strong description of the point relating to CC in this update.

In my opinion at worst what Carl wrote about CC was illadvised but well short of unjustifyable or unpardonable, in fact the best part of this, again in my opinion, is that CC has asked for help and is getting it and given the number of questions raised on this messageboard almost everyday as to the reasons why he hasn't been playing makes the matter justifiable.

Nothing for Carl to seek forgiveness or any pardon for in my opinion. I also firmly believe that the update was one of the most positive I have read on this board. In my opinion of course.

Thanks for the reply and I do agree that it should be seen as a positive thing that Craig Conway has admitted to having problems and that the club are helping him with them (always assuming that he does genuinely have "personal problems" of course).

The thing is though, surely no one should be taking the decision to make that news public except for Craig himself? As I mentioned before, if he has given his permission for this then that's fine and I'd say well done to Carl for not going any further on the subject, but all of the indications are that he hasn't done this - in those circumstances, I stick by my use of the word inexcusable.

Fri Apr 06, 2012 9:21 am

THE SADDEST AND DISAPPOINTING THING ABOUT ALL THIS AND WHAT SEEMS LIKE EVERYDAY IS A WHOLE BUNCH OF CARDIFF CITY FANS HAVING A GO AT EACH OTHER AND BITCHING ALL THE TIME.
the fans can show how nice they can be with all the fund raising ala mikey dye, the statue, scotts young guns and more and helping appeals out with other clubs fans, but i look at both boards and it really pisses me off that FELLOW CARDIFF CITY FANS can treat each other like this.
SAD TIMES :( and all while our smelly neighbours are having the times of their lives and revelling in our childish ways.

i am really contemplating a cardiff devils ST next year, and having a year off football and all the shit that comes with it

Fri Apr 06, 2012 9:25 am

Forever Blue wrote:
Jonesy99 wrote:I agree that Carl's update contained a lot of positive info re the debt and the potential for more money to be made available to Malky in the summer. Hopefully he will put a lot of it towards some creative/attacking players.

Carl, Was trying to give the reason why he had not been in the starting line up lately as some fans were slating Malky for it and others were coming up with many different reasons, also he wanted to show Malky can sort things out and work with players. :ayatollah:

I do agree that the kicking that Carl is getting for this is a bit OTT - never met the bloke, but he doesn't strike me as someone who would intentionally try and destabilise things at the club as some have suggested

Lets focus on Boro and Watford and move forward :ayatollah:

Fri Apr 06, 2012 9:30 am

mrbluejay wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
mrbluejay wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
mrbluejay wrote:
Merlin wrote:

now if that had read -

I am 100% serious, I saw it and took a screen capture. It said where he was seen, thus what his issue was. Don't insult my intelligence suggesting otherwise.

Whether your intelligence is insulted or not what you are saying is an absolute lie. Let's see the screen shot then because when we do it will show the exact same as it is now, it has not been edited at all.

And let's see if you have the character to come back and say, not only are you wrong but you lied.

Fri Apr 06, 2012 10:10 am

nugent wrote:THE SADDEST AND DISAPPOINTING THING ABOUT ALL THIS AND WHAT SEEMS LIKE EVERYDAY IS A WHOLE BUNCH OF CARDIFF CITY FANS HAVING A GO AT EACH OTHER AND BITCHING ALL THE TIME.
the fans can show how nice they can be with all the fund raising ala mikey dye, the statue, scotts young guns and more and helping appeals out with other clubs fans, but i look at both boards and it really pisses me off that FELLOW CARDIFF CITY FANS can treat each other like this.
SAD TIMES :( and all while our smelly neighbours are having the times of their lives and revelling in our childish ways.

i am really contemplating a cardiff devils ST next year, and having a year off football and all the shit that comes with it

disgust me to call yourself cardiff fans, fighting with your own fans, wouldnt have this shit back in the 80s, cardiff fans meant to look out for one an another.. :ayatollah: :old:

Fri Apr 06, 2012 10:13 am

the other Bob Wilson wrote:
castleblue wrote:

Thanks for the reply and I do agree that it should be seen as a positive thing that Craig Conway has admitted to having problems and that the club are helping him with them (always assuming that he does genuinely have "personal problems" of course).

The thing is though, surely no one should be taking the decision to make that news public except for Craig himself? As I mentioned before, if he has given his permission for this then that's fine and I'd say well done to Carl for not going any further on the subject, but all of the indications are that he hasn't done this - in those circumstances, I stick by my use of the word inexcusable.

Paul, I have taken on board everyone's responses and if I may defend my decision on posting what I did when I did before we determine whether it was right or wrong.

I was trying to at least point out that if a player of ours has a problem then he can approach the manager and deal with any issues they may have.

It weren't done as a sensational expose on any of our players, otherwise I would have gone about it very differently.

We have had players in the past take the piss and literally go on the piss before crunch games and that is inexcusable.

This situation is nothing of that nature.

It is certainly not my right to announce anybody's personal problem and that is the reason I did not write about the exact issue.

Regarding the player having a fall out with the manager, well let's be honest I think we all realise this happens at most football clubs and is not unique to us, so therefore I cannot see how what I wrote is either damaging or destabilising. I actually agree with how the manager has gone about dealing with it thus far.

Judging by the reaction of course I have had to rethink what I write about and when I write it but it was not done to 'spice up' an update or anything along those lines. It was done with the intention of giving support and that is the truth.

There have been times this season when I could have wrote about situations that would be deemed damaging or destabilising but as you have noted yourself previously the updates have changed from previous years and they are for the better.

I did think long and hard before I posted certain pieces of the update and I hope you accept that it was not written with any malice or 'I know things that you didn't'.

Fri Apr 06, 2012 11:22 am

carlccfc wrote:Paul, I have taken on board everyone's responses and if I may defend my decision on posting what I did when I did before we determine whether it was right or wrong.

I was trying to at least point out that if a player of ours has a problem then he can approach the manager and deal with any issues they may have.

It weren't done as a sensational expose on any of our players, otherwise I would have gone about it very differently.

We have had players in the past take the piss and literally go on the piss before crunch games and that is inexcusable.

This situation is nothing of that nature.

It is certainly not my right to announce anybody's personal problem and that is the reason I did not write about the exact issue.

Regarding the player having a fall out with the manager, well let's be honest I think we all realise this happens at most football clubs and is not unique to us, so therefore I cannot see how what I wrote is either damaging or destabilising. I actually agree with how the manager has gone about dealing with it thus far.

Judging by the reaction of course I have had to rethink what I write about and when I write it but it was not done to 'spice up' an update or anything along those lines. It was done with the intention of giving support and that is the truth.

There have been times this season when I could have wrote about situations that would be deemed damaging or destabilising but as you have noted yourself previously the updates have changed from previous years and they are for the better.

I did think long and hard before I posted certain pieces of the update and I hope you accept that it was not written with any malice or 'I know things that you didn't'.

I agree with much of what you say Carl. For example, you are right to say that fall outs happen at every club - if any manager gets every player in his squad saying how great he is, it probably proves he is not doing much of a job!

I don't believe you posted what you did about Craig Conway with any malice either, but you could have easily got over the positive tone you were trying to convey without naming the player. I agree Malky Mackay and the club deserve praise for the way they seem to have handled the matter - I just don't see why the story couldn't have referred to another unnamed player.