Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

" WEDNESDAY APRIL 4th 2012 UPDATE "

Wed Apr 04, 2012 7:38 pm

I am delighted to say that the club has approximately sold 15,500 season tickets including Premier seating for next season, which is virtually on par to this time last year, in the last few days sales have dropped but there is still another 9 days before the deadline ends on April 13th. There has been an issue in the Family stand with season ticket holders not turning up to games and in particular it has been a case that the adult has turned up regular but not with a child.

The club has had stewards to inform adults entering the Family stand without an accompanied child that they must bring the child with them to the games, the club are not pouncing on first or second time 'offenders' but fans who repeatedly are not attending with a child. Hundreds of letters have been sent to these fans and as a result there are hundreds of seats now available in the Family stand. What the club has found is that many of these fans have relocated for next season and have freed up hundreds of seats for new families.

There was a waiting list for families to become season ticket holders in the Family stand but the club has contacted those interested and the waiting list has been serviced, I am informed that there are still Family stand seats available to buy so anyone interested can contact the club and buy them within the next 9 days.

At 5am on Bank Holiday Monday TG flies into Heathrow airport and will be attending the Watford match before flying back out to Malaysia early hours on Tuesday morning. TG is only flying over for the game.

I want to remind fans that the Malaysians have so far invested £34 million to date and the vast majority is currently a debt to the club but with Summer overhaul of the club's finances, much of that will be turned into shares at later date wiping millions of pounds off the club's debt.

I have had it reiterated to me this week that the Malaysians have every confidence that they will settle the debt to Langston and PMG this Summer and as a result Malky Mackay will have a much bigger budget to work with in the close season than he had last Summer. Malky Mackay knew when he took the job that he would have a workable budget in his first season and that his performance would be monitored, as a result the club rewarded Malky with an improved contract this year and has been told that he will definitely have much more money if everything the Malaysians have planned for the next couple of months works out as they expect it will.

Next season we will have a new coach added to the management and that is former City player Neil Cox. Neil is looking forward to coming back to the club and also working with Malky Mackay. Cox played for City in the 2006-07 season and was also at Watford between 1999-2005.

City recently advertised for 4 positions to join their academy staff and the 4 successful applicants have joined 2 senior academy coaches and have flown to Malaysia where they will spend 6 months working in our academy set up out in Malaysia.

Craig Conway recently told Malky of some personal issues that he has been dealing with and Malky is big on honesty and respect, he demands that from his players, as a result Malky and the club are working with Conway to overcome his problems and Conway is currently working to get his place back in the squad.

There has been a fall-out between Malky and another squad player and from what I am told that player will not play again this season for Malky, if he ever plays again, Malky has stamped his authority and dealt with the offending player, obviously I am not going to name the player but when the time is right, at the season end I expect the whole story to come out but I will not do so while there are six very important games to play in our season. But from what I have been told, I totally back our managers stance on the issue.

As Gwyn updated everyone yesterday on the Young Guns initiative I would like to personally thank everyone who has contributed and who continue to do so and at the end of this season we will be handing a cheque of over £6,000 to Scott Young and his development coaches. This has been a tremendous effort by everyone involved and something we can all be proud of achieving, hopefully we will continue to raise money for good causes again next season.

For Middlesbrough this Saturday we have sold 350 tickets approx, which after a promising start to sales the sales have dried up after recent results. Personally I don't mind as I often find when the numbers are this low we seem to have some of our best trips as a result.

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id= ... 16&sk=wall :ayatollah:

Middlesbrough pick up times for anyone booked on the forum coach are here http://cardiffcityforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=76369

I am running a coach to Barnsley and anyone interested can book on here http://cardiffcityforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=76368

:ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Re: "WEDNESDAY APRIL 4th 2012 UPDATE"

Wed Apr 04, 2012 7:41 pm

who did malky fall out with :oops:
hope its not one of the first team players

Wed Apr 04, 2012 7:42 pm

BluebirdForever wrote:who did malky fall out with :oops:

The player upset Malky and Malky in my opinion has done the right thing.

Wed Apr 04, 2012 7:43 pm

Carl will we notice the player not being involved?

Wed Apr 04, 2012 7:43 pm

Gerrard. A guess but I'd like to think its' an educated one.

Wed Apr 04, 2012 7:44 pm

carlccfc wrote:

If you cant dont worry but can you confirm if its a key player?

If we're allowed to guess I'm gonna have to go with Anthony Gerrard. Haven't seen hm since Wembley. Cheers Carl, some good news hopefully regarding finances for the transfer market!! :ayatollah:

carlccfc wrote:

Has to be Gerrard. :roll:

Re: " WEDNESDAY APRIL 4th 2012 UPDATE "

Wed Apr 04, 2012 7:45 pm

My guess is Anthony Gerrard, but its not based on any info at all.

Wed Apr 04, 2012 7:45 pm

I will not name the player until the season ends and then the story will be be told.

Wed Apr 04, 2012 7:46 pm

Gerard i reckon. :ayatollah:

Merlin wrote:If we're allowed to guess I'm gonna have to go with Anthony Gerrard. Haven't seen hm since Wembley. Cheers Carl, some good news hopefully regarding finances for the transfer market!! :ayatollah:

Aaron Wildig may be a possibility because he expressed he wants to leave Cardiff instead of discussing it privately with the clubs

When was the fallout?

Seems like everyone thinks the same and there was no sign of him at the Vale today.

carlccfc wrote:I will not name the player until the season ends and then the story will be be told.

Wed Apr 04, 2012 7:47 pm

BluebirdForever wrote:
Merlin wrote:If we're allowed to guess I'm gonna have to go with Anthony Gerrard. Haven't seen hm since Wembley. Cheers Carl, some good news hopefully regarding finances for the transfer market!! :ayatollah:

Aaron Wildig may be a possibility because he expressed he wants to leave Cardiff instead of discussing it privately with the clubs

What!!! :lol:

thanks for the update carl, does settling the debt with pmg mean the egg boys are going? :roll:

I reckon Gerrard because he's been arguing with a load of Jacks on twitter. Havnt seen him in ages and his ego is WAY too big

Really do hope this debt is ended the summer and Malky has a budget to work with no matter which league we're in.
Hope that the player who Malky fell out is out of favour anyway and non of our quality players we have. Just can't wait for this season to be over now :lol: :ayatollah:

Wed Apr 04, 2012 7:48 pm

Jon Meades :lol: :lol:

Wed Apr 04, 2012 7:49 pm

rhys1927ccfc wrote:Jon Meades :lol: :lol:

Warren Feeney

Wed Apr 04, 2012 7:50 pm

Thanks for the update Carl. Positive info.

:ayatollah:

Bluebird For Life wrote:Seems like everyone thinks the same and there was no sign of him at the Vale today.

Gerrad was ill today with a throat infection.

ninianblue wrote:thanks for the update carl, does settling the debt with pmg mean the egg boys are going? :roll:

Wiping them and Langston debt out.

Wed Apr 04, 2012 7:51 pm

Merlin wrote:
BluebirdForever wrote:

What!!! :lol:

well, malky likes to keep his cards to his chest but wildig didnt, he just went off

Wed Apr 04, 2012 7:51 pm

Agree its Gerrard, probably had a go cos he was not starting!

Wed Apr 04, 2012 7:53 pm

carlccfc wrote:
Bluebird For Life wrote:Seems like everyone thinks the same and there was no sign of him at the Vale today.

Gerrad was ill today with a throat infection.

Fair enough Carl. The only time he's been seen by many since wembley though was when he was wandering round among the crowd before the Millwall game. Obviously, none of us know the story as you do, but fully respect your decision to say nothing until end of season, but there is bound to be speculation.

Wed Apr 04, 2012 7:57 pm

Cheers for da info carl. some positive stuff there.

Wed Apr 04, 2012 7:57 pm

If it's Gerrard, I'll miss away games at half time. :(

Wed Apr 04, 2012 7:58 pm

Carl, percentage wise....do you know how close we are to completing a deal for the debt?