Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

" CHOPRA'S OUTGOINGS £22,000 A MONTH "

Wed Apr 04, 2012 4:20 pm

Ipswich: Blues’ striker Chopra in court over running red light allegation

By Colin Adwent crime correspondent
Wednesday, April 4, 2012

IPSWICH Town striker Michael Chopra is today facing another court hearing after being charged with a third alleged driving offence in a two-month period.

Email Print Got a story?
Chopra’s latest court case relates to allegedly running a red traffic light in Princes Street, which has a junction with Ipswich Town’s base in Portman Road.

It comes after he received his second driving ban in December for driving at more than 100 miles an hour on September 13 last year.

In January this year Chopra was given another three points on his licence and fined after he admitted using a mobile phone while driving.

Now he faces another court hearing before Ipswich magistrates on April 18 for the third alleged offence.

Chopra was originally summonsed to court last month.

The 28-year-old, whose address was given as Cardiff, is alleged to have been driving an Audi A5 with a personalised number plate through Ipswich at 12.26am on Wednesday, September 28, last year when he failed to comply with a red traffic signal.

The incident is said to have taken place when Chopra returned to Portman Road with the Ipswich team after playing the previous night’s 1-0 victory at West Ham.

It is understood he does not have to appear before the court in person, although the case could go ahead in his absence.

Chopra, who signed from Cardiff last summer and previously played for Sunderland and Newcastle, was disqualified from driving for 56 days last December. It was his second driving ban.

Chelmsford Magistrates’ Court heard he was caught travelling at 106 mph on the A12 near Colchester – his fourth speeding offence since getting his licence back after serving an earlier six-month ban in 2009.

In both cases he had ‘totted up’ a string of offences, mostly for speeding.

Chopra admitted the offence and was handed a £700 fine, ordered to pay £85 costs and a £15 victim surcharge.

In January Ipswich magistrates put three penalty points on his licence and fined Chopra for using a mobile while driving. He was not in court but admitted the charge in writing.

The incident occurred while he was driving his Audi in Ipswich on August 1 last year.

Chopra, who has received help for his gambling addiction, provided documentation to the court which did not reveal his income, but outlined that he had regular monthly outgoings of about £22,000.

Re: " CHOPRA'S OUTGOINGS £22,000 A MONTH "

Wed Apr 04, 2012 4:25 pm

Chopra was a hero of mine and my kids.

In the past 12 months he has gone from hero to zero. Total waste of talent and clearly thinks he is above the law with his arrogance behind the wheel of a car.

My monthly outgoings are approx 2k and i don't spend hours in the bookies or pub. My extravagences are a monthly trip to watch CCFC and a weekly round of golf.

Wed Apr 04, 2012 4:30 pm

but his outgoings are just the same percentage as other peoples earnings remember he earns 25k a weekso his outgoings are 22%of his income

Wed Apr 04, 2012 4:31 pm

Gareth (Wilts) wrote:Chopra was a hero of mine and my kids.

In the past 12 months he has gone from hero to zero. Total waste of talent and clearly thinks he is above the law with his arrogance behind the wheel of a car.

My monthly outgoings are approx 2k and i don't spend hours in the bookies or pub. My extravagences are a monthly trip to watch CCFC and a weekly round of golf.

When he cant play football any more, he will most prob end up as a tramp on the streets :lol:

Wed Apr 04, 2012 4:31 pm

bluebirdbaz wrote:but his outgoings are just the same percentage as other peoples earnings remember he earns 25k a weekso his outgoings are 22%of his income

44% he pays 50% tax

Wed Apr 04, 2012 4:41 pm

What's that coming from William hills....... :lol:

I like a bet but in fairness I bet well above my means do its all relative I suppose.

I have to say at the moment I would have him back because we need those play offs bad!!

Come on city prove me wrong

Wed Apr 04, 2012 4:44 pm

bluebirdbaz wrote:but his outgoings are just the same percentage as other peoples earnings remember he earns 25k a weekso his outgoings are 22%of his income

Yep. The more money you have, the more expensive taste.

Wed Apr 04, 2012 4:45 pm

polo wrote:

44% he pays 50% tax
only on earnings over 50k a year :D the rest will be basic, unless he is self emplyed, and pays himself a wage(accountant needed to explain)

Wed Apr 04, 2012 4:46 pm

Billy Hunt. wrote:

hence i drive a spanish car :cry:

Wed Apr 04, 2012 5:45 pm

Well at least Chops has picked more pts than us of late ;)

Wed Apr 04, 2012 6:00 pm

Another one sure to be Bankrupt before long!

Wed Apr 04, 2012 6:02 pm

Just hearsay that he earns £25k per week

Wed Apr 04, 2012 6:51 pm

bluebirdbaz wrote:
Billy Hunt. wrote:

Hence I catch the bus :lol:

Wed Apr 04, 2012 7:15 pm

bluebirdbaz wrote:
Billy Hunt. wrote:

Spanish??? Huh

Wed Apr 04, 2012 7:29 pm

Never mind all that......

He gave his address as Cardiff? Watch the rumours fly. :D

Wed Apr 04, 2012 7:39 pm

bluebirdbaz wrote:
Billy Hunt. wrote:

A spanish Audi Robert ;)

Wed Apr 04, 2012 8:12 pm

Bowmonster wrote:
bluebirdbaz wrote:
Billy Hunt. wrote:

A spanish Audi Robert ;)
yess lee all be it a very fast one :D that eats tyres faster than annis can eat a brekkie

Wed Apr 04, 2012 8:37 pm

bluebirdbaz wrote:
Bowmonster wrote:
bluebirdbaz wrote:
Billy Hunt. wrote:

A spanish Audi Robert ;)
yess lee all be it a very fast one :D that eats tyres faster than annis can eat a brekkie

Recently had my front two 18 inch tyres changed 15,000 miles :shock: Glad my company pays for them :D
Just had first service today at Capitol Seat Newport 17k, Where do you take yours for service as i heard Whitedove in Cardiff are shit so i avoided them.I have to use main dealer as my company want an account set up.