Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

I am usually quite positive

Wed Apr 04, 2012 2:52 pm

Always go into our next game thinking that this will be the game we will turn it around.

Firstly We need a 4-4-2 system from the start on Saturday.

This will consist of rudy and mason up front together ( que abuse but f**k it that's the way I feel)

Miller or earns haw should be used to win us the game if we're drawing in the second half.

Forget salary, forget players feelings the system needs to change now! Games are running out and I can't face another summer, ore season, first half of season, and then Christmas to find out if we got a chance of going up next season.

Rudy and mason up front together from Saturday in my eyes is the answer to unlocking the door to the play offs!!

Come on city!!

:ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Re: I am usually quite positive

Wed Apr 04, 2012 3:21 pm

DJ got so much abuse for playing 4-4-2.

In my opinion the formation should depend on who and where we are playing, My opinion is it has to be 4-5-1 this saturday and then 4-4-2 monday.

Wed Apr 04, 2012 3:56 pm

2blue2handle wrote:DJ got so much abuse for playing 4-4-2.

In my opinion the formation should depend on who and where we are playing, My opinion is it has to be 4-5-1 this saturday and then 4-4-2 monday.

we wont have enough firepower up front in 4 5 1. If I remember correctly, when they came here, we caused them MANY problems in the air with crosses and corners and Mason and Rudy are beast at headering and scoring so, 4 4 2 with Mason and Rudy up front then Miller to come on later in the game. Imagine, Hudson, Turner, Rudy, Mason AND Gunnarsson in the box for corners and Whittingham to slam in the rebound!!! :ayatollah:

Wed Apr 04, 2012 4:02 pm

BluebirdForever wrote:

we wont have enough firepower up front in 4 5 1. If I remember correctly, when they came here, we caused them MANY problems in the air with crosses and corners and Mason and Rudy are beast at headering and scoring so, 4 4 2 with Mason and Rudy up front then Miller to come on later in the game. Imagine, Hudson, Turner, Rudy, Mason AND Gunnarsson in the box for corners and Whittingham to slam in the rebound!!! :ayatollah:

Sorry but mason & Rudy are not beasts at scoring - and both have been pretty ineffective at corners? So I don't know how you've come about your theory?

At Boro we should definitely play 4-5-1 away from home, flood the midfield - and we MUST start Kenny miller without doubt!!

Wed Apr 04, 2012 4:03 pm

Merlin wrote:
BluebirdForever wrote:

Sorry but mason & Rudy are not beasts at scoring - and both have been pretty ineffective at corners? So I don't know how you've come about your theory?

At Boro we should definitely play 4-5-1 away from home, flood the midfield - and we MUST start Kenny miller without doubt!!

scoring headers i meant

Wed Apr 04, 2012 4:34 pm

We seem to be better at set peices at the moment so that's where my theory is coming from

Wed Apr 04, 2012 5:59 pm

BluebirdForever wrote:
Merlin wrote:
BluebirdForever wrote:

scoring headers i meant

I can't even remember Rudy or mason scoring from their heads or a set piece come to think of it?

Wed Apr 04, 2012 6:11 pm

Craig! Can you remember miller or ernie scoring??? 13 games ain't it??

Rudy and miller up front end of!!

Wed Apr 04, 2012 6:14 pm

Canton stand baz wrote:Craig! Can you remember miller or ernie scoring??? 13 games ain't it??

I wouldn't want Rudy up front mate, I'm just saying that the point about Rudy & mason being beasts at scoring from their heads is way off the mark.... Miller up front I agree with though, he is a class striker who is the best we have!

Wed Apr 04, 2012 6:23 pm

Merlin wrote:
Canton stand baz wrote:Craig! Can you remember miller or ernie scoring??? 13 games ain't it??

I wouldn't want Rudy up front mate, I'm just saying that the point about Rudy & mason being beasts at scoring from their heads is way off the mark.... Miller up front I agree with though, he is a class striker who is the best we have!

Earnie has hardly been given a chance and yet people say he's had his day. I don't understand that and I'd play him up front on Saturday in a 4-4-2 with A.N.Other beside him. If it's not working, switch to 4-5-1 with Kenny as the lone striker.

If we don't win on Saturday, I think we can forget the play-offs.

Wed Apr 04, 2012 6:25 pm

Merlin wrote:
BluebirdForever wrote:
Merlin wrote:
BluebirdForever wrote:

scoring headers i meant

I can't even remember Rudy or mason scoring from their heads or a set piece come to think of it?

Mason scored the winner against Nottingham Forest with a header at home. Rudy scored a header against Ipswich, Peterbro etc

Wed Apr 04, 2012 6:30 pm

No disrespect to Craig but I needed someone like bluebird forever to back me up as my memory is shocking :lol:

Rudy and mason up front on Saturday and Monday is the only way :ayatollah:

Thu Apr 05, 2012 9:43 am

Canton stand baz wrote:No disrespect to Craig but I needed someone like bluebird forever to back me up as my memory is shocking :lol:

Rudy and mason up front on Saturday and Monday is the only way :ayatollah:

:ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Apr 05, 2012 9:55 am

def no rudy for me... hes no way good enough for this level and going away from home to a good side like boro we need to flood the midfield to break up their play...

not a fan of recent tactics,team selection etc.. but i have to agree with merlin on this one. 4-5-1 away for this fixture with a 4-4-2 at home on monday..