Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

OFF THE WATFORD BOARD, MALKY MEETING UP

Wed Apr 04, 2012 9:58 am

IF ANY 1 FANCYS A READ

MALKY FROM WAT IV READ HAS AN INTERVIEW WITH SOME 1 FROM WATFORD TO ANSWER SOME QUESTIONS FROM THE WATFORD FANS.... Y HE`D WANT TO DO THIS I DONT NO

LINK IS BELOW.....

SOME VERY FUNNY POST`S

http://www.wfcforums.com/showthread.php?41546-Malky.

Re: OFF THE WATFORD BOARD, MALKY MEETING UP

Wed Apr 04, 2012 10:55 am

Not just funny posts, some dodgey ones too. For example the posts about being a snake and shit on the team he has previously been with :?
Also the ones about his teams always playin poo after January, and that Cardiff was a lucky escape to save his career?

Obviously they will slag him off becuase he left, but what some of the posts say makes you think.

Wed Apr 04, 2012 12:33 pm

Caerdydd12 wrote:Not just funny posts, some dodgey ones too. For example the posts about being a snake and shit on the team he has previously been with :?
Also the ones about his teams always playin poo after January, and that Cardiff was a lucky escape to save his career?

Obviously they will slag him off becuase he left, but what some of the posts say makes you think.

Compare that to what a lot pof people say about Dave Jones on here.

It's even less surprising when you consider he left for more money whereas Jone was sacked.

Wed Apr 04, 2012 3:44 pm

the one that made me laugh was:

Do you feel a plank when the cardiff fans ask you to do the :ayatollah:

:lol:

Wed Apr 04, 2012 4:23 pm

6blubirds wrote:the one that made me laugh was:

Do you feel a plank when the cardiff fans ask you to do the :ayatollah:

:lol:

:lol: :ayatollah:

Wed Apr 04, 2012 4:41 pm

tbh there are not a lot of watford fans at the moment who particularly like malky. i nothing him myself, but there are many who feel that he let the club down. we gave him an opportunity to play in the premier league after failing to do so with norwich and west ham, we gave him the opportunity to develop his coaching badges and then we gave him the opportunity of his first job in management. he told us at the start of his reign that he would not walk out like brendan rodgers and then 18 months later does just that.

he then not only uses inside knowledge of player contracts to his advantage but also steals numerous backroom staff from the club. with the benefit of hindsight, we should have got rid of him after the burnley job fiasco where he obviously wanted to go. we offered him a new contract but his heart just was not in it anymore. it affected the team performance and our great chance of the playoffs evaporated into thin air.

initially i really disliked him after the move, especially when it looked early on like we were really going to struggle. all i can say now is thank god we kept hold of stone cold (dyche). there is a lot of chatter that dyche had lots of influence under malky, and recent evidence seems to be backing this up. as of now i hold no gripes against him, we are on the up with another young manager and the future looks bright.

however the same cannot be said for a lot of watford fans who feel like they have been betrayed by both of our last two managers. personally i think had malky stayed at watford, he could have done well here.

the question i would like to have asked malky was 'who was in charge of sorting out don cowie with a new contract at watford???' :D

Wed Apr 04, 2012 4:51 pm

I can understand your frustration with Cowie but I got to be honest I would have done the same

Wed Apr 04, 2012 5:52 pm

If you were offered £20k a week - you'd go as well!!

We all know money does the talking in football!!

Wed Apr 04, 2012 5:53 pm

Merlin wrote:If you were offered £20k a week - you'd go as well!!

I agree with Merlin on this and this is life/reality.

Wed Apr 04, 2012 5:57 pm

Forever Blue wrote:

I agree with Merlin on this and this is life/reality.

Why thank you Annis!! 2 in a week :lol:

Wed Apr 04, 2012 6:32 pm

hornet_fan wrote:tbh there are not a lot of watford fans at the moment who particularly like malky. i nothing him myself, but there are many who feel that he let the club down. we gave him an opportunity to play in the premier league after failing to do so with norwich and west ham, we gave him the opportunity to develop his coaching badges and then we gave him the opportunity of his first job in management. he told us at the start of his reign that he would not walk out like brendan rodgers and then 18 months later does just that.

he then not only uses inside knowledge of player contracts to his advantage but also steals numerous backroom staff from the club. with the benefit of hindsight, we should have got rid of him after the burnley job fiasco where he obviously wanted to go. we offered him a new contract but his heart just was not in it anymore. it affected the team performance and our great chance of the playoffs evaporated into thin air.

initially i really disliked him after the move, especially when it looked early on like we were really going to struggle. all i can say now is thank god we kept hold of stone cold (dyche). there is a lot of chatter that dyche had lots of influence under malky, and recent evidence seems to be backing this up. as of now i hold no gripes against him, we are on the up with another young manager and the future looks bright.

however the same cannot be said for a lot of watford fans who feel like they have been betrayed by both of our last two managers. personally i think had malky stayed at watford, he could have done well here.

the question i would like to have asked malky was 'who was in charge of sorting out don cowie with a new contract at watford???' :D

I think it's a bit stupid to suggest that Dyche did all the work under Malky because look at Malky's first half of the season results. Up until January we were challenging for automatics.

Also in Dyche's favour is a settled squad that hasn't had a substantial rebuilding job and a bunch of plauyers determined to prove their manager made a mistake by leaving their club.

I'd wait until Dyche's second or third season before declaring him a success.

Wed Apr 04, 2012 7:59 pm

i certainly dont deny that.

Wed Apr 04, 2012 8:05 pm

Aramore wrote:
hornet_fan wrote:tbh there are not a lot of watford fans at the moment who particularly like malky. i nothing him myself, but there are many who feel that he let the club down. we gave him an opportunity to play in the premier league after failing to do so with norwich and west ham, we gave him the opportunity to develop his coaching badges and then we gave him the opportunity of his first job in management. he told us at the start of his reign that he would not walk out like brendan rodgers and then 18 months later does just that.

I think it's a bit stupid to suggest that Dyche did all the work under Malky because look at Malky's first half of the season results. Up until January we were challenging for automatics.

Also in Dyche's favour is a settled squad that hasn't had a substantial rebuilding job and a bunch of plauyers determined to prove their manager made a mistake by leaving their club.

I'd wait until Dyche's second or third season before declaring him a success.

couple of things. firstly i dont think i said dyche did all the work under malky anywhere there did i? think you need to read it again, i said he had lots of influence. at the end of the day malky was still the manager.

secondly what do you mean he has had a settled squad and has not had a substantial rebuilding job? we lost 5 members of backroom staff, we lost three key players and signed 8 on permanents last summer and had 5 loanees who have all been in and around the first team squad. our squad was quite simply a mess. i would say the very fact that dyche has kept us up is deserving of a miracle.

thats the thing i dont get when cardiff fans say you don't have a squad that has players capable of winning you promotion. i envy your squad, and im sure many other championship teams would be gagging to take probably the majority of your squad off your hands.