Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Best Curry house in the world?

Wed Apr 04, 2012 8:34 am

Following on from Johnny's thread about best Cardiff curry, which reminded me of something I did recently.

I do quite a bit of IT work in Birmingham and has you know they are the owners of curry as we know it. To be fair they take curry very f*cking seriously. Curry houses there are at least two or three divisions above anywhere else. If you ever go to one ask them for a family naan bread. It is comedy large! Seriously stupidly big, you've got to see one to beleive it. :lol:

Anyway I asked around the people I work with from Birmingham about which is the best curry house up there. The answer was Akbar's on Hagley road. So the other Friday, after work I took the wife up to Birmingham for a curry and booked in to a B and B next door.

Akbar's is an experience in itself. I'm not sure if it's the best curry I've had in Birmingham but the overall experience is Champions league compared to our 4th division curry houses. Honestly if you want to take the wife out for a curry, it's well worth doing, just one time in your life. :ayatollah:

Re: Best Curry house in the world?

Wed Apr 04, 2012 8:51 am

what, have you seen the price of petrol. :lol:

Wed Apr 04, 2012 12:08 pm

Lahore Newport, the first one I ever went to in the sixties, I still think it's there. :old:

Wed Apr 04, 2012 12:20 pm

Berwyn wrote:Following on from Johnny's thread about best Cardiff curry, which reminded me of something I did recently.

I do quite a bit of IT work in Birmingham and has you know they are the owners of curry as we know it. To be fair they take curry very f*cking seriously. Curry houses there are at least two or three divisions above anywhere else. If you ever go to one ask them for a family naan bread. It is comedy large! Seriously stupidly big, you've got to see one to beleive it. :lol:

Anyway I asked around the people I work with from Birmingham about which is the best curry house up there. The answer was Akbar's on Hagley road. So the other Friday, after work I took the wife up to Birmingham for a curry and booked in to a B and B next door.

Akbar's is an experience in itself. I'm not sure if it's the best curry I've had in Birmingham but the overall experience is Champions league compared to our 4th division curry houses. Honestly if you want to take the wife out for a curry, it's well worth doing, just one time in your life. :ayatollah:

:ayatollah:

Anyone remember the curry house in the maisonette in Loudon Square?
I forget ya man's name but he converted the downstairs of his gaff into a restaurant for his boys and fam.
It was quality foood and I remember eating something he called biss bass or bizz bazz.
Junior, you might have known him he would have been ya auld fella's generation.
Lived on the loudon square, canal park side, opposite the flats?

Wed Apr 04, 2012 8:24 pm

nobber wrote:Lahore Newport, the first one I ever went to in the sixties, I still think it's there. :old:
same f*cking pot of curry :lol:

Thu Apr 05, 2012 10:52 am

Pakistan is one of the best known to curry and has many of health benefits too, reduce immunity.

Thu Apr 05, 2012 11:45 am

davidwilliams wrote:Pakistan is one of the best known to curry and has many of health benefits too, reduce immunity.

So you knew Akbar is Pakistani then? It was certainly a massive difference to what I was used to. There were people queing outside the door to get in. When I got there it was early and I managed to get a pager straight away. So we then just waited in the bar area for a table to become free. After about 10-mins the pager went off and we were shown to the table. Just 10 mins after that there was a queue just to get pagers.