Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

" SCOTT@S YOUNG GUNS UPDATE "

Tue Apr 03, 2012 4:05 pm

Apologies for the delay, I was nominated to put one up last week, but getting people together and in the same country at one time is a head full on its own.

Have spoken to Michael Hayward down the club, he his Scotts right hand man with the Young Gun's scheme and a great lad very enthusiastic and clearly someone who believes in and enjoys what he does rather than someone just earning a wage.

In all honesty this is true for all of the people I have met thru the scheme and part of the reason that drew our support.

At the end of lasts season we had set up a few events such as the bucket collection, a Young guns road show held in Tonypandy, a number of raffles and auctions and also several collections from the forum away bus. Quite a few people have also committed to pay a monthly donation into the fund which we hope can carry on and expand in time.

Those that attended the road show will remember the presentation Scot's team gave (along with Roger Gibbins who came along in support and gave a great insight into some of the old shenanigans whilst he was at the club,it was great to see how much support the old players still have for our club and many of them are willing to put so much back in if approached correctly).

The presentation showed us what the scheme had achieved and the areas it wished to expand and improve on, to do this,extra funding for more staff was a key factor along with supplying equipment for training. As a group we felt it that rather than us dictate where any donations should be used, it was better to leave it in the hands of Scott to use it as he seen best and in what areas it could do most good. We did plan to look at things a year after the original date and that date is approaching soon, with this in mind we are setting up a meeting in the next two weeks to look at things and also see how we can help for coming seasons.

We are all aware that there so many good causes fighting their corner for financial support, Ty Hafan, The Teenage cancer Trust, Macmillan nurses, the M.S Society and even the on going effort to build the Fred Keenor statue, but Personally whilst I have and will continue to support these great worthy causes, I am also a strong believer in the present and the future and commemorating a hero like Fred Keenor is a great shout,but I would like to be part of a scheme that helps to possibly find the new local Fred Keenor and funding for the development scheme will play a part in that hopefully.

This is why Schemes such as the Young Guns are so important and needed to find and develop the new talent for the club to move forward.

Having spoken to Malky, it is plain to see how much it means to him and he his fully behind the scheme to build up the Youth Development scheme to its full potential and hopefully we can get him involved in a function that will incorporate some fund raising for the Young Guns.

It is hoped that when the meeting is set up, we can hand over a cheque for around seven thousand pounds,depending on monies in hand at the set time in the account, anyone wanting to set up a monthly standing order type donation can contact us for details, but it is hoped that at some of the functions planned we can push this matter more and get some good long term beneficial support.

To all of you that have contributed in any way, a massive thanks, please don't think your support has been forgotten about or misused, any of you that have had dealings with Scott and his team will know how committed and a honest bunch they are.
Hopefully those that have helped, will come along to the next presentation and see exactly how much it has helped and grateful we all are.
We are all part of this club and we can all play a part in helping it get to where we think it should be, we have a great history, let's make sure we get an even better future, we can help find the next Aaron Ramsey, and possibly the club will be in a position to hold on to the next nugget we discover, onward and upwards.

Re: SCOTT@S YOUNG GUNS UPDATE

Tue Apr 03, 2012 4:10 pm

Thank You Gwyn.

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Re: SCOTT@S YOUNG GUNS UPDATE

Tue Apr 03, 2012 4:14 pm

Thanks for the update Gwyn :ayatollah:

Re: " SCOTT@S YOUNG GUNS UPDATE "

Tue Apr 03, 2012 4:17 pm

Cheers Gwyn for the update :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Apr 03, 2012 8:15 pm

Great update Gwyn, my son recently did his work experience with the club and shadowed Michael throughout the week, it was a fantastic experience for him. He speaks very highly of Michael and the whole of the team with Scott.
Keep up the good work! :ayatollah:

Tue Apr 03, 2012 9:09 pm

BigGwynram wrote:Apologies for the delay, I was nominated to put one up last week, but getting people together and in the same country at one time is a head full on its own.

Have spoken to Michael Hayward down the club, he his Scotts right hand man with the Young Gun's scheme and a great lad very enthusiastic and clearly someone who believes in and enjoys what he does rather than someone just earning a wage.

In all honesty this is true for all of the people I have met thru the scheme and part of the reason that drew our support.

At the end of lasts season we had set up a few events such as the bucket collection, a Young guns road show held in Tonypandy, a number of raffles and auctions and also several collections from the forum away bus. Quite a few people have also committed to pay a monthly donation into the fund which we hope can carry on and expand in time.

Those that attended the road show will remember the presentation Scot's team gave (along with Roger Gibbins who came along in support and gave a great insight into some of the old shenanigans whilst he was at the club,it was great to see how much support the old players still have for our club and many of them are willing to put so much back in if approached correctly).

The presentation showed us what the scheme had achieved and the areas it wished to expand and improve on, to do this,extra funding for more staff was a key factor along with supplying equipment for training. As a group we felt it that rather than us dictate where any donations should be used, it was better to leave it in the hands of Scott to use it as he seen best and in what areas it could do most good. We did plan to look at things a year after the original date and that date is approaching soon, with this in mind we are setting up a meeting in the next two weeks to look at things and also see how we can help for coming seasons.

We are all aware that there so many good causes fighting their corner for financial support, Ty Hafan, The Teenage cancer Trust, Macmillan nurses, the M.S Society and even the on going effort to build the Fred Keenor statue, but Personally whilst I have and will continue to support these great worthy causes, I am also a strong believer in the present and the future and commemorating a hero like Fred Keenor is a great shout,but I would like to be part of a scheme that helps to possibly find the new local Fred Keenor and funding for the development scheme will play a part in that hopefully.

This is why Schemes such as the Young Guns are so important and needed to find and develop the new talent for the club to move forward.

Having spoken to Malky, it is plain to see how much it means to him and he his fully behind the scheme to build up the Youth Development scheme to its full potential and hopefully we can get him involved in a function that will incorporate some fund raising for the Young Guns.

It is hoped that when the meeting is set up, we can hand over a cheque for around seven thousand pounds,depending on monies in hand at the set time in the account, anyone wanting to set up a monthly standing order type donation can contact us for details, but it is hoped that at some of the functions planned we can push this matter more and get some good long term beneficial support.

To all of you that have contributed in any way, a massive thanks, please don't think your support has been forgotten about or misused, any of you that have had dealings with Scott and his team will know how committed and a honest bunch they are.
Hopefully those that have helped, will come along to the next presentation and see exactly how much it has helped and grateful we all are.
We are all part of this club and we can all play a part in helping it get to where we think it should be, we have a great history, let's make sure we get an even better future, we can help find the next Aaron Ramsey, and possibly the club will be in a position to hold on to the next nugget we discover, onward and upwards.

Thanks for the informative update on what is a very good initiative.

I know from personal experience how difficult it is to set up and control these things.

How close are you at present to the £7k target?

Keith

Tue Apr 03, 2012 9:09 pm

BigGwynram wrote:Apologies for the delay, I was nominated to put one up last week, but getting people together and in the same country at one time is a head full on its own.

Thanks for the informative update on what is a very good initiative.

I know from personal experience how difficult it is to set up and control these things.

How close are you at present to the £7k target?

Keith