Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Who Will Be Happy With A Draw at Boro?

Tue Apr 03, 2012 2:31 pm

No! No! No! Noooooo!

Not the fecking weed but the result?

Boro wont be happy with a draw but I will.

Then again after last season's debacle at CCS, I'd prefer a 3-0 to us.

Seriously now, a draw wouldn't mean it's the end of the season and it'll keep us in contention :old:

Re: Who Will Be Happy With A Draw at Boro?

Tue Apr 03, 2012 2:32 pm

A draw and thats it, season over. :cry:

Tue Apr 03, 2012 2:34 pm

Yeah Id take a draw away to boro, keeps us in the hunt.
Its important we dont lose though as that gives us a mountain to claimb.

Tue Apr 03, 2012 2:34 pm

Bakedalasker wrote:A draw and thats it, season over. :cry:

I wouldnt go that far Ian.

I would take a draw, we will win though! :ayatollah:

Tue Apr 03, 2012 2:37 pm

Ian, I agree with you we need a win, games are running out and we have to start winning, but I believe we will win. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Apr 03, 2012 2:44 pm

NO to a draw, we got to get that winning feeling back and boro is the time to start, there is not enough games left to P**S ball around with :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Apr 03, 2012 2:44 pm

Do your sums, it doesn't add up.

Expecting more than a draw for this fixture is unreasonable but possible.

Anything more than a draw is a big bonus for us and a kick in the bollix for boro.

remember it's their home fixture.....

Tue Apr 03, 2012 2:51 pm

4th 5th 6th & 7th are all on 63 points! One or two of those teams WILL drop points. So a draw isn't going to hurt us tbh.

Brighton have a very tough run in, we should be looking at nicking theirs or boro's place for the playoffs!

Tue Apr 03, 2012 3:01 pm

Think a draw would be a great result, a win a fantastic result. Before our current run of form we would have jumped at a draw away to Boro. Its our hime games that have let us down. We need tone taking our 3 points at home which we have not done because I think that we have been too conservative with our 4-5-1 formation.

Think we have a better chance of victory in the following away game at Barnsley. :ayatollah:

Tue Apr 03, 2012 3:36 pm

We have to win, simple as :)

Tue Apr 03, 2012 4:34 pm

rhys1927ccfc wrote:We have to win, simple as :)

I'm with you Rhys, no more dropping points, we've done that for 14 games.

City to win and I believe they can. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Apr 03, 2012 4:46 pm

Very happy with a draw and then 3 points against Watford on Monday afternoon. :D :ayatollah:

Tue Apr 03, 2012 4:51 pm

would love a win, But Boro away is difficult. i think we'll play really well up there but i would say i'd take a draw so it keeps us in the mix.
we can't lose games at this stage :ayatollah:

Tue Apr 03, 2012 4:53 pm

But a draw could mean more clubs could catch us up and some could even go more ahead of us, and hardly any games left.

Tue Apr 03, 2012 4:59 pm

Forever Blue wrote:But a draw could mean more clubs could catch us up and some could even go more ahead of us, and hardly any games left.

it could do your right, but over the past 3-4 weeks, most teams have been dropping points. there's a lot of teams challenging for play offs but we're there too. A draw against Boro isn't going to change much regarding us two. but a loss would make it very difficult for us.
i'll take a win mind :lol: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Apr 03, 2012 5:03 pm

Forever Blue wrote:But a draw could mean more clubs could catch us up and some could even go more ahead of us, and hardly any games left.

We will be fighting for 6th place anyway unless our form picks up big time.... But your right in a sense that a win puts us right back in the thick of it - rather than on the fringe!

Tue Apr 03, 2012 5:39 pm

Johnny Rythmn wrote:No! No! No! Noooooo!

Not the fecking weed but the result?

Boro wont be happy with a draw but I will.

Then again after last season's debacle at CCS, I'd prefer a 3-0 to us.

Seriously now, a draw wouldn't mean it's the end of the season and it'll keep us in contention :old:

A draw is being realistic but a win would be great.

Tue Apr 03, 2012 6:00 pm

Merlin wrote:

We will be fighting for 6th place anyway unless our form picks up big time.... But your right in a sense that a win puts us right back in the thick of it - rather than on the fringe!

4 points would be a good return for the bank holiday weekend but it's important that the draw happens at boro if that's the case.

Tue Apr 03, 2012 6:29 pm

Malky most prob

"weve come away to a very strong Boro team, blah, blah, blah..."

Tue Apr 03, 2012 6:52 pm

Merlin wrote:4th 5th 6th & 7th are all on 63 points! One or two of those teams WILL drop points. So a draw isn't going to hurt us tbh.

Brighton have a very tough run in, we should be looking at nicking theirs or boro's place for the playoffs!

nobody is making their p/o spot safe as we all keep messing up.if you gain a point at boro im sure a team above will mess up.they are jittery at the moment.i don,t see you losing

Tue Apr 03, 2012 7:04 pm

I dont think we are good enough to win at Boro. I would take a point. Can see it possibly going to last game of season with us needing a win to make it to play offs

Tue Apr 03, 2012 7:21 pm

I would be happy with a draw unless we get into a winning position and let them back into it,like weve done more often than not this season unfortunately.
Im really hoping for a good positive performance and on our day we are still capable of beating anyone in this league

Tue Apr 03, 2012 7:37 pm

Me. Bit old school, but I will always settle for a draw away. No fun travelling home from somewhere like Hull, last October, after losing.