Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

" Ben Turner insists Bluebirds are hitting form! "

Tue Apr 03, 2012 6:32 am

BLUEBIRDS players insist they won’t be taken for April Fools over the last month of their Championship season and are determined to go for glory.

They have suffered a dip in form, winning only one of their last nine league matches and failing to score in five of them, but have six matches this month to make their mark.

The spirit which has kept Cardiff City competing for a top six finish is still evident and centre-half Ben Turner says: “We are not happy with recent results because we are not winning enough, but I genuinely believe we are coming into form.

“The pleasing thing is that outside the top two or three teams nobody has been able to put a run of form together. It’s all to play for and we are still right in it.”

Turner’s team-mate Joe Mason is just as adamant, saying: “We’ve had a blip, but there’s still time for us to do what we want to do and anything can happen this month.

“We’ll be doing all we can. Our squad is still a ‘work in progress’ because we haven’t been together long and so many players left last summer, but we’re ready for our last six league matches.”

City are eighth, only two points behind fourth-placed Birmingham City, and this Saturday travel to play promotion rivals Middlesbrough at the Riverside Stadium.

Two days later, on Bank Holiday Monday, manager Malky Mackay’s former club Watford come to Cardiff City Stadium.

Middlesbrough manager Tony Mowbray has called for a big turn-out of home fans to beef up the atmosphere at Riverside Stadium, saying: “I can’t tell 28,000 people to turn out and support us against Cardiff City and yet I know if they did that would help us to get over the line.

“You’d have to say the atmosphere in our stadium isn’t always what it was during our 1-1 draw at Brighton on Saturday. You could feel the fans driving their team on.

“That’s not a criticism, but when the stadium’s half-empty, at times it is difficult to get to that level of intensity. The fans can drive the team on.”

Read More http://www.walesonline.co.uk/footballna ... z1qxMJhxOf

Re: " Ben Turner insists Bluebirds are hitting form! "

Tue Apr 03, 2012 7:31 am

Glad to see some players staying positive :ayatollah: now let's hope they can deliver :ayatollah:

Tue Apr 03, 2012 9:38 am

Gavlar wrote:BLUEBIRDS players insist they won’t be taken for April Fools over the last month of their Championship season and are determined to go for glory.

They have suffered a dip in form, winning only one of their last nine league matches and failing to score in five of them, but have six matches this month to make their mark.

The spirit which has kept Cardiff City competing for a top six finish is still evident and centre-half Ben Turner says: “We are not happy with recent results because we are not winning enough, but I genuinely believe we are coming into form.

“The pleasing thing is that outside the top two or three teams nobody has been able to put a run of form together. It’s all to play for and we are still right in it.”

Turner’s team-mate Joe Mason is just as adamant, saying: “We’ve had a blip, but there’s still time for us to do what we want to do and anything can happen this month.

“We’ll be doing all we can. Our squad is still a ‘work in progress’ because we haven’t been together long and so many players left last summer, but we’re ready for our last six league matches.”

City are eighth, only two points behind fourth-placed Birmingham City, and this Saturday travel to play promotion rivals Middlesbrough at the Riverside Stadium.

Two days later, on Bank Holiday Monday, manager Malky Mackay’s former club Watford come to Cardiff City Stadium.

Middlesbrough manager Tony Mowbray has called for a big turn-out of home fans to beef up the atmosphere at Riverside Stadium, saying: “I can’t tell 28,000 people to turn out and support us against Cardiff City and yet I know if they did that would help us to get over the line.

“You’d have to say the atmosphere in our stadium isn’t always what it was during our 1-1 draw at Brighton on Saturday. You could feel the fans driving their team on.

“That’s not a criticism, but when the stadium’s half-empty, at times it is difficult to get to that level of intensity. The fans can drive the team on.”

Read More http://www.walesonline.co.uk/footballna ... z1qxMJhxOf

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Apr 03, 2012 9:49 am

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: Game on. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Apr 03, 2012 10:27 am

ive never doubted the effort and determination of the current squad, theyll keep fighting till the end ,unfortunately the bare truth is that we are simply not quite good enough for promotion this season
already looking forward to boro :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Apr 03, 2012 10:55 am

Not strengthening (for whatever reason) during the Jan window and the loan window is now coming back to haunt us, most of us on here can see the need for a target man and a fleet footed wide man but we failed to bring them in. Glad to see the players are staying positive but now is the time to turn that positivety into points on the board.

Tue Apr 03, 2012 3:51 pm

I just wish that the players would keep their mouths shut and do all their talking on the pitch

Tue Apr 03, 2012 4:09 pm

angelis49 wrote:I just wish that the players would keep their mouths shut and do all their talking on the pitch

And we all wish you would keep your posts to yourself but we can't have it all....

Tue Apr 03, 2012 4:18 pm

My dear Gavlar it would seem our recently found peace and understanding has been broken by your goodself with a posting that i can only describe as a bit juvenile....wishing i would keep my posts to myself..come on Gav you can do a lot better than that,and in any case as far as im aware my silly old sausage,no one is forcing you to read my posts....does this latest outburst by you mean that you no longer love angelis..oh my breaking heart

Tue Apr 03, 2012 4:31 pm

I only read your post due to the fact it was in reply to a thread I created, and judging by your history of fishing for attention with your posts I was merely checking to see if indeed you were doing so again. I however apologies profusely if I've rubbed you up the wrong way with my 'juvenile postings'

Toodle pip

Tue Apr 03, 2012 4:45 pm

i think we'll do well at boro. i'd love a win but i would take a draw simply because we're right up there with the other teams and some of the other play off teams have "harder games".
i'm not just saying this but i honestly feel IF we could pull through a play off semi final...we would WIN the final. they will be so up for it you couldn't imagine. they played very well against liverpool and i think it would be time for some players to play to their capabilities and grab us promotion.
some teams that have won the play offs haven't necessarily been the most on form team over parts of the season.
take it one game at a time but we're still in this! :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Apr 03, 2012 10:50 pm

Tell me Gav...may i call you Gav...what would be the use of me writing posts on here if nobody read them and paid attention to them...so yes i write to gain attention,tell me what do you hope to achieve when you post something on here,to be totally ignored,i don't think so

Wed Apr 04, 2012 6:22 pm

I think, its important to remember, whatever team ends up in the top 6, will have to be a team in form. Last year, we struggled the last 2 games i.e. Borough at home and Burnley away. But even if we can win the last 3 games and go into the play offs with a winning form, that will be important to carry over into the play-offs. Its all about momentum.

Thu Apr 05, 2012 8:15 am

Its good to see Turner being positive, lets hope they all feeling the same way and get stuck in to Boro :ayatollah: