Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Troedyrhiw FC folds...

Tue Apr 03, 2012 6:29 am

Former welsh league side Troedyrhiw FC who were playing the the amateur league have gone under and withdrawn from the league, sad to see grassroots football struggling due to lack of funds/fans/players

Hopefully one day something can be salvaged.

Re: Troedyrhiw FC folds...

Tue Apr 03, 2012 6:51 am

what a shame used to love playing against them over there hopefully they will be back one day

Tue Apr 03, 2012 7:17 am

Such sad news this for troedyrhiew, such a shame things like this happen no matter what leg they are in

Tue Apr 03, 2012 7:54 am

Shame......The Willows will always be in my Heart. :ayatollah:

Tue Apr 03, 2012 11:27 am

Football in Merthyr is at an all time low.

Weve only got one local lad playing for Merthyr Town ffs. A town of this size should be producing more footballers for the likes of Merthyr Town, and the Welsh league sides.

Tue Apr 03, 2012 11:36 am

polo wrote:Football in Merthyr is at an all time low.

Weve only got one local lad playing for Merthyr Town ffs. A town of this size should be producing more footballers for the likes of Merthyr Town, and the Welsh league sides.

There are lots of good lads playing for them in the u12s, u14s , u16s and u19s there are a few of them that might step up one day :ayatollah:

Tue Apr 03, 2012 3:04 pm

Very sad, grew up in the village, always been a good football community in Troedyrhiw, a lot of people have worked hard over the years for that boys club, sad times..

Tue Apr 03, 2012 4:34 pm

Tommy Gun wrote:Very sad, grew up in the village, always been a good football community in Troedyrhiw, a lot of people have worked hard over the years for that boys club, sad times..

Troedyrhiw boy's Club Disco on a Wednesday Night was Ledgendry.....if Carlsberg done discos it wouldn't come near.
:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Apr 03, 2012 5:23 pm

shame that my youth side played them last season and they seemed to have a decent set up .

pretty sure cohen griffiths was involved with them last year

Tue Apr 03, 2012 5:28 pm

2/3 teams have dropped out of my league this season, even last week with a handful of games left! and the prem league above us lost about the same. thats just from the taff ely/rhymney league!! :?

Tue Apr 03, 2012 7:05 pm

what a shame, used to love playing them in the cup games...

Tue Apr 03, 2012 8:04 pm

That really is a shame.
Had some brilliant youth games over there when I was a kid :old: .

I remember going back to the changing rooms one game after the match and all the away team clothes had been nicked.
Even our boxers and socks lol.

Hope they get up and running again soon :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Apr 03, 2012 8:13 pm

If you don't me commenting, its the same in the Swansea senior league, the standard had dropped remarkably with teams folding every season Its grass roots football where the next Cardiff /Swansea & others will find the stars of the future.Trouble is the kids would rather watch than put the effort in also the working week is 7 days now and to get time off if you're contracted to work Saturday/Sunday is a nightmare

Tue Apr 03, 2012 8:17 pm

exactly, ive been personally campaigning for the movement of welsh football to summer season for a long time. we spend half the season having matches called off and fielding shit teams because people cant make it over winter and bail on the conditions, then if 'their' prem league team is playing half the fuckers dont show up! tis disappointing but we go forward with it none the less!

Tue Apr 03, 2012 9:03 pm

jooshy wrote:exactly, ive been personally campaigning for the movement of welsh football to summer season for a long time. we spend half the season having matches called off and fielding shit teams because people cant make it over winter and bail on the conditions, then if 'their' prem league team is playing half the fuckers dont show up! tis disappointing but we go forward with it none the less!

This is not meant to start a different debate ,
since the promotion into the premiership & because the games are shown throughout the city via satellite channels this has had a massive impact where as the 1st team football is played on a Saturday along with all the reserve teams, this is declining in standards and players being available . we also have a Sunday league which traditionally being the weaker over the two days it maybe the case that the League Committee could decide to revamp the Senior league.Bearing in mind that the Swansea senior league was one of the biggest leagues in the UK it's sad to see its decline.Another problem is the lack of refs and people to give commitment to provide the admin support and basically manage the teams .

Tue Apr 03, 2012 9:07 pm

Real shame that. Even my level - U16s - is dropping fast. At the start of the season we had 18 teams, whereas now we only have 11. And still have 6 games left because of all the postponed matches from december/january.
Like someone said above, matches should be played more in the summer so less games get called off, and less people lose interest.

Tue Apr 03, 2012 9:09 pm

I played up there last year,had a decent team and Cohen did help out a lot in coaching etc,I returned to my home club trelewis who r doing very good this year,the trouble with Troedyrhiw is although they got cracking facilities,all the decent local lads r either playing welsh league div 3 or Merthyr league!!!!! Why I don't know,welsh league div 3 is not much better than amateur league div 1,and Merthyr league is pritty shit,do if all these lads stuck together the club would be doing well,thas a sure thing!!!

Tue Apr 03, 2012 9:17 pm

agree cubano the south wales amateur and south wales senior leagues are better than welsh league division 3 . looks like it's between llantwit major and sully sports to see who goes up this year tho to the welsh league

another thing i,ve noticed there's no much loyalty left within the welsh league circles with players moving around for a bit of boot money it seems to me . i notice trelewis welfare will go up this year too from division 2 !

Tue Apr 03, 2012 9:37 pm

Mozzer I hope we go up,been stuck in div 2 for years n years,amateur league div 1 and senior league div 1 r good standard,so why some of the Troedyrhiw boys would go to Tredegar who r not the greatest and leave their local side slump is beyond me,and to leave rhiw to go play pub football is crazy,but unfortunately thas how things pan out, treharris athletic also need to be off their ground in 18 months,maybe they can use troedyrhiws,as I'm sure treharris r one of the founders of the welsh league

Tue Apr 03, 2012 10:40 pm

I blame Ceri Kinsey and Michael Cope. They ruined that club!!!!
Name and Shame I say!!

Wed Apr 04, 2012 5:47 am

Yes had heard they folded am sure someone said a few weeks back.

Things are changing in senior/amateur league over thenext few years. New ground regs have to be in and some teams will struggle to fund plus the merger has now been voted for possibly as early as end of next season.

Three leagues 48 teams,currently 4 leagues and 59 teams - can see many more going backto district of just folding.

Sully very good side played them 3 times this season and by far the best side we have played, however go into the lottery of the playoff

Wed Apr 04, 2012 11:03 am

Cardiffmad wrote:I blame Ceri Kinsey and Michael Cope. They ruined that club!!!!
Name and Shame I say!!

Mikey Cope is a nice fella. Grew up with him. Cracking footballer.

Wed Apr 04, 2012 11:34 am

And how did Kinsey ruin the club? He prob gave over 10 years service to them!

Wed Apr 04, 2012 11:37 am

cwmbachbluebird wrote:That really is a shame.
Had some brilliant youth games over there when I was a kid :old: .

I remember going back to the changing rooms one game after the match and all the away team clothes had been nicked.
Even our boxers and socks lol.

Hope they get up and running again soon :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Troedyrhiw played a few legendary games against Cwmaman in the late 90's, you being a Cwmbach boy would know Ian Jones who played for Cwmaman, now he was a talented player...

Wed Apr 04, 2012 8:27 pm

polo wrote:
Cardiffmad wrote:I blame Ceri Kinsey and Michael Cope. They ruined that club!!!!
Name and Shame I say!!

He's nothing but a wife-beating scumbag, as for him being a cracking footballer, yeh rite o, bag of shit!!. Coke-head u mean.

Wed Apr 04, 2012 8:35 pm

Tommy Gun wrote:And how did Kinsey ruin the club? He prob gave over 10 years service to them!

I agree he served them for over a decade but when the shit hit the fan, where was Kinsey, buggered off to Aberbargoed Buds, deserted a sinking ship. In that 10 years he did play he was committed but spent more time on the sidelines than on the pitch. A modern day Georgie Best in my eyes not for his footballing ability but his party lifestyle and love of women(some ugly ones too!!!)

Wed Apr 04, 2012 9:29 pm

Big Apologies to Mr Michael Cope and Mr Ceri Kinsey, Troedyrhiw Legends. Love you really mun. Wind up over!!!!
Sad to see another local football club folding.

Wed Apr 04, 2012 9:31 pm

Cardiffmad wrote:
polo wrote:
Name and Shame I say!!

He's nothing but a wife-beating scumbag, as for him being a cracking footballer, yeh rite o, bag of shit!!. Coke-head u mean.

You are right he is a nice fella, disregard the above comment, Joke!!

Wed Apr 04, 2012 9:34 pm

Cardiffmad wrote:
Tommy Gun wrote:And how did Kinsey ruin the club? He prob gave over 10 years service to them!

I agree he served them for over a decade but when the shit hit the fan, where was Kinsey, buggered off to Aberbargoed Buds, deserted a sinking ship. In that 10 years he did play he was committed but spent more time on the sidelines than on the pitch. A modern day Georgie Best in my eyes not for his footballing ability but his party lifestyle and love of women(some ugly ones too!!!)

Take it all back ceri boy!! ;)